Bridgerton Season Two

I just finished episode one. Not loving it just yet. I hope it gets better. I think my main issue is that Anthony was my least favorite character in season one. I don't like his personality and the actor's looks don't do anything for me. He's very bland.

I do think the actress playing Kate is beautiful and her acting so far has been on point. We'll see where it goes.

Another minor thing that bugs me. Does the cinematography seem different? Season one felt so much richer and vibrant and was shot more in the style of a film. This first episode seemed to be shot like a soap opera and the sets didn't blow me away the way they did in the first season. Just a weird observation.

Imag8ne all you want but the insults the people who lived then. at least get some things right the dresses worn at the presentation wron and why is there no mention of almacis? being presented to the queen was nothing to getting a voucher at almacks it was the hub of the ton so why ignore it and diversifying the past is plain stupid. Try ashes of love if you want an epic story of love that survives three lifetimes. With actual acting in it. Bridgeton has worse acting than an episode of the woodentops
This is not to be an accurate historical fiction piece, it’s a fun, campy show, not based on reality.

I've somehow managed to get to the last episode and I'm honestly disappointed in this season overall. I didn't need so many "will they/won't they". I'm not sure if it's because I read the book prior or had such higher expectations after season one. The chemistry was wasted.

Have watched both season 1 and 2. Not a fan of Kate, the character portrayed on screen is incredibly annoying. Edwina is great. The book Kate was much more interesting. Screen Edwina is an improvement on book Edwina in terms of personality and backbone.

Am looking forward to Colin’s story. That was my favourite out of the Bridgerton books.

I wasn't sure what to expect with this show. However, I do love the costumes, and the color-blind casting. (it's a shame history wasn't the same!) I'm also a big sucker for romance, and historical fiction.

Binged it on Friday and Saturday and I am still swooning over Anthony, lol.
I loved it. Although I will say that it took me a few episodes in each season to really get into it.
Some of my favorite things from this season: color schemes of the costumes, especially Kate's (loved the purples!), the music, Queen Charlotte, Eloise, and Violet. The Sharma sisters were absolutely stunning in their beauty.

I’ve read the series of books and watched both seasons. I liked season 2 as a whole but disliked that they changed around the book’s storylines for other characters.

I also dislike Eloise intensely this season - she was much more fun last season IMO.By introducing the printer’s assistant they have meddled in her story to come.

The problems I have are one
Queen Charlotte being black, this is based on a possibility that 15 generations back she had a solo black ancester. i looked at at that distance back her percentage odblack ancestry would be about 0.006%. I have 0.9% Ashkenazi Jewish doesn’t make me Jewish.
second she tried to marry Daphne to her nephew and stopped the special license until they begged to be allowed to marry would never have happened she didn’t have any power to do that.
three sorry mixed race relationships where not allowed the only known case she was treated like a housekeeper and when her husband died she was expelled from the family not politically correct but you can’t diversify the past there where about 20000 Black people in mostly servant or merchant positions
four the pregnant unmarried girl rejecting the brothers offer to marry wouldnt have happened best hope the family hid her and the baby ended up in a foundling hospital worse case ended on the streets baby the same
five the stupid powderedcwigs had been taxed so much about a decade earlier they disappeared
latly the dresses they wore fell from the bust who is stupid enough to tighten their waist in a corset(that didn’t exist anyway) when no one would notice and I saw in the trailer a baby being held at what looks like a ball that would never happen neither would Daphnes soblongs being at her presentation to the queen as with downtown abbey the girl and one relative won’t none of the family went
i know its fun to be fair and diverse but the age wasn’t diverse especially at court
Queen Charlotte is black because that’s the way that Shondra Rhimes wanted it. I read Regency fiction and I am very pleased that Rhimes’ Regency England is multi racial. It’s refreshing to see people of color play traditionally caucasian roles, including the heroine in the second Bridgerton season.

Of all the more popular Regency genre writers, Julia Quinn was already considered to be one of the most problematic where accuracy was concerned; she's infamous for the presence of anachronisms in her novels. She's also an Ivy League graduate who knows the difference, and has chosen to include them anyway because she feels they make the stories more accessible for modern audiences. Laughing all the way to the bank. Did anyone really think Shonda Rhimes chose this series in particular because it was so much better than any of the others? She chose it because she liked it, but it helped that though the characters were well-developed, it lent itself easily to revisionist tinkering because the accuracy was so loose to begin with.

This novel was always the most popular one in the series, largely because it is the funniest of them, and people who love the books were really looking forward to seeing the two most iconic scenes on film. (Those being the pall-mall game and Kate's bee sting.) I have to say I was disappointed in both; they were not nearly as funny as in the books, especially the bee scene, which just begged to be interpreted as the French farce it really is. Bailey looks constipated more often than anxious, and he grimaces so much and so broadly that he appears to literally be chewing scenery. I think it might have been much better with an actor with better control of his face. (Speaking of which, I'm pleased to see Rupert Young's casting here, though he's wasted as Jack Featherington. Too bad he was too old to play Anthony.)

This plot changes to this novel are jarring me a bit, mostly because so many events in the later books are tied to things that happened in this one (or didn't, as the case may be.) At this rate I'm not sure how much of the books will remain at all once we reach Gregory, if Rhimes can string it out that long.

Watched a few episodes on Friday and then finished the season yesterday. I liked it. I didn't read the books so I was hoping he wouldn't go through with the marriage to Edwina.

I watched the season this weekend. After the first season I read all of the books. Well almost all of them. I am still working on the last 2. IMO this season would have been better if I did not read the books. There were so many things that the show left out from the books that I was looking forward to. I am also not liking some of the changes they have done with the characters and story lines for other books down the road. I will continue to watch though.

Have watched both season 1 and 2. Not a fan of Kate, the character portrayed on screen is incredibly annoying. Edwina is great. The book Kate was much more interesting. Screen Edwina is an improvement on book Edwina in terms of personality and backbone.

Am looking forward to Colin’s story. That was my favourite out of the Bridgerton books.
It's funny how everyone is different. I am almost done with the 4th book. While I am enjoying it, it's probably my least favorite so far. Thus far, I would rank the stories: Anthony, Benedict, Daphne, Colin.
I do think my opinion of Daphne's book was affected by the fact that I had already watched the 1st season on TV.

It's funny how everyone is different. I am almost done with the 4th book. While I am enjoying it, it's probably my least favorite so far. Thus far, I would rank the stories: Anthony, Benedict, Daphne, Colin.
I do think my opinion of Daphne's book was affected by the fact that I had already watched the 1st season on TV.

Eloise's so far has been my least favorite and Francesca being my favorite. The first ones seemed very similar. They were good and I liked them but the later ones seem so much different. I almost stopped reading Benedicts after a chapter or two. Without giving it way to others, it seemed to similar to other stories (not from Bridgeton). I did continue and ended up really liking it. I am on Hyacinth's and this one might end up being my favorite.

My order would be Francesca, Colin, Anthony, Daphne, Benedict, Eloise. As of right now I would put Hyacinth first but I am only about half way done with it.

Eloise's so far has been my least favorite and Francesca being my favorite. The first ones seemed very similar. They were good and I liked them but the later ones seem so much different. I almost stopped reading Benedicts after a chapter or two. Without giving it way to others, it seemed to similar to other stories (not from Bridgeton). I did continue and ended up really liking it. I am on Hyacinth's and this one might end up being my favorite.

My order would be Francesca, Colin, Anthony, Daphne, Benedict, Eloise. As of right now I would put Hyacinth first but I am only about half way done with it.
My daughter has read them all, and I know she really liked Francesca as well. It seems to be a very popular book. Of course, she is barely seen in the shows! According to my DD, the actress had scheduling conflicts. Still, maybe they could explain the fact that she completely disappears, lol.

I haven't watched it yet, but I've read spoilers about changes from the books and I think it's going to make me mad when I do watch. I was already mad at how they portrayed Anthony in season 1.

Francesca was probably my least favorite book.

I'm listening to the audiobook to The Duke and I on YouTube right now. I'm an hour and 10 minutes into it so far.

Free to those who may want to listen to it. I figure that I'll listen to this and the second book and then I'll read the rest so I can pay better attention since it's in the background while I work since I have seen the series up to that point.

No love for Eloise's book? Her story was my favorite! I thought it was so funny.

I liked it but it didn't keep my attention as the others did. There were some funny spots but just not enough. I am not a reader at all and can go months or even years without reading a book. With that said for me to read a book it has to really pique my interest. Which all of these have. Some just more then the others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter