Bringing beer/soda on board

daisy2000

Mouseketeer
On our last cruise on the Magic in 2001, we walked on w/ a small suitcase full of beer, soda & wine - saved us a lot of $ (thanks to this board for the idea!) Since then, has Disney tightened up its carry-on policy, or are you guys still doing this?

People are still doing this....we plan on stopping on our way to the Port to pick up some wine/ hard lemonade....we don't bother bringing bottled water or soda. Water up on Deck 9 is great and we just have soda at meal time when it is included.

MJ

Hi! MJ, just wondering who you use to go to the port from MCO and checking to see that they are willing to make a beverage run/grocery stop. We are flying in the pm before and still need to arrange transfers.

Do I have to tell them in advance or just when they pick me up. Also, do they charge more to make the stop?

Thanks!

Peg

HI,
We used Yourride.com and they stopped and there was no extra charge. We just mentioned it when we called them. They also were the best price we found.
thatmom

diz4me....we are also using Yourride and because we are only using them for a one way (from MCO to DCL) they said they would make a 30 minute (hope I do not need that much time!) stop but it would cost $15 additional. I made the ressies about 3 weeks ago. I do suggest making transporation reservations in advance....that way you are assured transport. Would hate to be so close, yet so far!!!!

The web address is www.yourride.net

Rabbit at yourride told me the grocery stop is included in the price for a round trip reservation. We are a group of 11 and need to reserve the van plus a trailer for the luggage which cost additional as well. I think total one way for everything (excluding tip) came to $125 ($80 for the van, $30 for the trailer, and $15 for the grocery stop). Still much cheaper than DCL transfers.

We are renting a large 15 passenger van for the day when we get off the ship and are spending the day at WDW before our evening flight.

Since we are flying in the day of the cruise we opted for the van service to save time. We usually fly in the night before and rent from Avis and stay at the Radisson, but this time we could not fly in early. Hope the flight is not delayed at all!!

MJ

Thank MJ and thatmom....

Your information is very valuable to me. I am flying LGA - MCo on a Friday night and b/c my kids are only 3 and 1 1/2, we are staying at Hyatt MCO. I think they will have had enough traveling for one day by the time we reach MCO. We have grandparents with us, so we make a group of 4 adults, 2 kids and luggage. We don't quite fit in a limo, so bummer, have to pay for a van with unused space. Oh well, maybe we will see a hitchhiker with a lime green ribbon.

i will get in touch with yourride for a RT ressie from mco-Port, with a grocery stop on the way. by the way, one last question, where do they stop?

Thanks!

Peg (MJ...will say my prayers for a safe, on-time flight for you!)

can you bring hard liquor on board? or just beer/wine/soda/water?

Thanks!!

ivanova......whatever alcohol you want to bring on is fine...they do not seem to mind. DCL is actually one of the only cruiselines that does let you bring and consume your own alcohol onboard.

dis4me....I have no idea where we will stop for groceries...as long as they sell babyfood and booze we will be set!!!!! No, the baby does not drink the booze!!LOL

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter