Bus Info

jennypenny

DIS Veteran
I know the system has changed recently. We've been to WDW several times but this is our first time camping (new pop-up). Could someone explain all of the buses. We're trying to figure out timing of PS's, etc, and it would really help me if I understood how many buses it would take to get from point A to point B. If it matters, we'll be in a regular full-hookup site. I guess they are all near the Meadow Trading Post area.

Thanks!!
23 days and counting

Jenny

This is a really good description! It sounds like it will work out great - I hope, if it does, that they keep it! :D

I know that they tried to run busses from FW to the parks before but I don't know what ever happened. You would catch a bus of AK and BB at the Settlement and then catch everything else at Gateway parking. I saw it once and then the next time that I was up there less than a month they were gone. I hope they get something solid soon. I sometimes get tired of having to get on several busses to get to my destination.

we are heading to Frot Wilderness on Friday for the weekend, i will try and get some inforamtion on the new transportation options and will update when i return

Thanks for the help. Is it me? Or is it confusing? I'm sure I'll get it once I get there. Thanks for all of your help on the board. It's our first time camping and I'm getting nervous. It's hard enough to plan a disney vacation, but I have to plan out the camping aspect also this time--I think that's why I feel overwhelmed.

23 days and counting,
Jenny

At each bus stop in FW there is a nice map and a listing of all the bus routes (well, there always has been) and you can just check where you are and see what bus to watch for. There are nice covered bus stops with benches and coke machines, too.

41 days to go

This is information I found from a transportation expert:

Okay, here's how it goes. Inside Fort Wilderness, there are three Internal-only busses. Yellow, Orange, and Purple. Yellow and Purple run down the sides in a circle... the Orange route is up and down the center, from Settlement to Outpost.

At the Settlement, there is a bus to TTC, bus to the Studios, and a boat to MK. At the Outpost, there is a bus to Epcot, DAK, and Downtown Disney.

As for how it's running, so far, so good. The internal busses are great, and more efficient than before. (However, a note, when leaving your campsite, remember what bus you got on... you'll ride that same bus back to your campground)

The external busses to the parks are also working out good, from what I am to hear, with the exception of Downtown Disney. The only reason that DTD bus is a problem is because they removed the DTD bus from TTC. Now all the day guests are taking the bus to Wilderness Lodge, getting on the DTD bus from there, thus filling it before it gets to FW.

(The bus routes go to Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness combined... we're using a figure 8 route pattern, which means that some busses go to Fort Wilderness first, others go to FW second.)

As for how that DTD dillema is going to get fixed, we've started that figure 8 to temporarily releive the congestion, but we're working on another plan to fix all this. (There is a valid reason why the TTC/DTD route was eliminated... but I won't go into that right now)

This is the "official" answer from WDW. I think I will stick this to the top of the page for awhile, to make it easier for new people to find. Thanks Scott!

Does anyone know if they've added a golf cart parking lot at the Outpost like they have at the Settlement? We'll be carting to the buses (wanted to make do with bikes but I couldn't figure out how to carry a folded stroller on the bike.)

40 days to go!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Ok, The Fort Wilderness Test is Now Permanent also the TTC Route to/from Downtown Disney is NO-More!

One other note: Fort Wilderness Shares the Bus Route (Which is Called the EAST Route) with
the Wilderness Lodge.

Contemporary Resort and the Poly and Grand Flow are now on the WEST Route. (Except Epcot does not have a WEST Route for these 3 Resorts)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter