Bus times now available in My Disney Experience!

Nice to have access on the app, but not sure how much difference this makes other than managing wait expectations. The bus stops already have the boards with these times on them.

Besides, if you think you can wait longer because the bus isn't going to show up for another 15 minutes, you many be sorely disappointed to get the bus station with a few minutes to spare only to find out that the line is so long that you won't fit on that bus. If you would have arrived earlier you may have made it.

Dan

Nice to have access on the app, but not sure how much difference this makes other than managing wait expectations. The bus stops already have the boards with these times on them.

Besides, if you think you can wait longer because the bus isn't going to show up for another 15 minutes, you many be sorely disappointed to get the bus station with a few minutes to spare only to find out that the line is so long that you won't fit on that bus. If you would have arrived earlier you may have made it.

Dan

True. You never know how many people will be waiting at any given time to board a bus.

One thing I like to do on arrival day (I usually arrive around 5:00pm) is grab a cold drink and find a bench near the bus stops and just observe the timing of the buses. After a couple cycles, I got a pretty good feel for which buses come on the hour, which ones at five after, etc. Then I use that info to time my arrivals. I try to arrive mid-cycle, so if the bus to Epcot usually arrives right around the hour mark, I will get there about ten minutes prior. If the bus is running early I don’t miss it, and I am not at the end of the line either. It’s not a perfect system, but I usually don’t have to wait long for a bus, and on my eleven day trip in April, I never had to stand on a bus departing my resort either.

I will give the app a try, but will probably end up doing what I always do.

Dan
Yes, arrival times are inconsistent, but I do like the added estimated park arrival time (that is not shown on the boards). And it’s a great motivator to getting the rest of the family out the door.

While park arrival is as fluid as the resort arrival, it’s nice to see the estimate of drive time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter