Bus times now available in My Disney Experience!

FYI - To those that don't know, this is the message it gives when no bus has been dispatched for that park. Most likely, you had just missed a bus (don't you HATE when that happens!)
So in your case, when a bus was dispatched, the time was updated to 17 min but, as I have seen happen before, a bus was came that never got registered. We had this happen at BWI recently. It was only in the morning when a bus attendant was there and could manually request a bus when they saw the crowd dictated a particular bus was needed "out of cycle".
I wonder if it was because of the BB buses? I haven't stayed at AKL since the new BB bus route was done, do all AK buses from AKL go to BB too?

I'm not sure I agree with this unless you have been told this direct from Disney. Many times, we have seen the screen say 15minutes until bus to MK, for example. Then a minute or two go by and it says "departs every 20min" and then 3 minutes later the Magic Kingdom bus shows up. There was no bus attendant any of the times this happened. I would believe more that "departs every 20min" is a placeholder when they cant get an accurate time for some reason (GPS not working, etc)

I'm not sure I agree with this unless you have been told this direct from Disney. Many times, we have seen the screen say 15minutes until bus to MK, for example. Then a minute or two go by and it says "departs every 20min" and then 3 minutes later the Magic Kingdom bus shows up. There was no bus attendant any of the times this happened. I would believe more that "departs every 20min" is a placeholder when they cant get an accurate time for some reason (GPS not working, etc)
Buses get redirected all the time even when there are no attendants there. I've had it happen right in front of me at a stop. Bus pulled in, driver gets call to change route and leaves without picking us up

But no problem you don't have to agree :)

OK, confession time. The problems I reported previously were all my doing. I have a work email that I use for most things but I used my GMAIL account for MDE and the errors I experienced were a result to using the wrong email. The only reason this was even possible is because before MDE even existed I had a Disney sign on that used my work address so MDE allowed me to sign in using that but it didn't show My Plans because I wasn't in the correct MDE account. My embarrassment is compounded by the fact that I'm an IT pro, but on a mainframe, obviously not a web maven. All is well on the app.

Bill From PA

OK, confession time. The problems I reported previously were all my doing. I have a work email that I use for most things but I used my GMAIL account for MDE and the errors I experienced were a result to using the wrong email. The only reason this was even possible is because before MDE even existed I had a Disney sign on that used my work address so MDE allowed me to sign in using that but it didn't show My Plans because I wasn't in the correct MDE account. My embarrassment is compounded by the fact that I'm an IT pro, but on a mainframe, obviously not a web maven. All is well on the app.

Bill From PA
LOL..... happens to everyone... too many accounts, too many passwords, too many years. All adds up to too much to remember :)

Buses get redirected all the time even when there are no attendants there. I've had it happen right in front of me at a stop. Bus pulled in, driver gets call to change route and leaves without picking us up:)

That would make me a bit salty!

Bill From PA

Haha! That is SO something I would do!
I'm glad you figured it out and it's working for you now!

Are you talking about the message you got when you first did the update that pointed out the new changes? That was there for everyone? Or did you get a different message than that?

I remembered that I hadn't used the new version on my iPad so I could see the message about the update changes on it.
The message says
"Apply the cost of your ticket to an Annual Pass
Upgrade before or on the last valid day of your ticket to keep going in the parks all year long...."

Because it mentions specifically about upgrading before your last day, I wonder even more now if it will only offer this after you've used the ticket at least once

That, or like the bus wait times, is it coded to see when you are on property and only comes up as a choice then.

I'm thinking about upgrading to an annual pass when I'm at WDW next week. I'll check out the app to see if it allows this after my first entry to a park. Hopefully the app allows price bridging though!

That would make me a bit salty!
Yeah, it was not the best experience, I'll be the first to admit. Especially when it took quite a while for them to route another bus. Very annoyed. Thankfully, it's a rare occurrence, at least the ones where you actually witness the bus come and go without picking up. The rerouting of buses already dispatched, that happens all the time.

After all, there may not be bus attendants all day but many stops have phones and guests use them. Enough calls and they do work

I'm thinking about upgrading to an annual pass when I'm at WDW next week. I'll check out the app to see if it allows this after my first entry to a park. Hopefully the app allows price bridging though!
It would really tempt me if it gave me the full value of the ticket even though I bought from UCT.

We are here now, at OKW. The app only shows “buses departing every 20 minutes” for each park. It also says that if there’s no buses available that the app will suggest alternate transport options, but mine doesn’t show that either. Apparently they are still working out the kinks....

We are here now, at OKW. The app only shows “buses departing every 20 minutes” for each park. It also says that if there’s no buses available that the app will suggest alternate transport options, but mine doesn’t show that either. Apparently they are still working out the kinks....
I believe that applies to resorts that have other transportation, such as at BWI to get to Epcot, it would show Boat, or at GF, to get to MK it would show Monorail or Boat.
OKW shouldn't have any other options

How many times have you looked? It is possible there are no buses scheduled to the stop you are checking at this moment. Though unlikely. Check again in 5 min maybe?

Before any other screen showed it was asking me to renew my APs...but they do expire in about 2 weeks so maybe thats why.

We are here now. It does match the board and it does change often. It’s jot that useful since we have the board and buses come constantly. It would be helpful to see the bus times from the park you are at, but Pop’s buses have been running so continuously this week, the only onenwe waited more than 5-7 minutes for was leaving HS at closing

I think having the bus times available on the app is a great feature, but at the end of the day it's not going to make the bus come any faster and you aren't going to save on travel time. I guess it does allow you to hang back in your room a few extra minutes though which could be nice on a bad weather day.

Do me a favor, if you would, and tag me in a post about it or message me if you do try it. CM training on the in-app upgrades to AP did not tell us whether or not the price bridging would be automatically applied, and I'm curious.

Do me a favor, if you would, and tag me in a post about it or message me if you do try it. CM training on the in-app upgrades to AP did not tell us whether or not the price bridging would be automatically applied, and I'm curious.
Did they mention how it will work period? Do you have to be on site for the feature to show up? Or use the ticket first?
For instance, I have a ticket right now but there is no way I could take it and turn it in to an AP, that I can find at least. But I have neither used it nor am I on site.

I think having the bus times available on the app is a great feature, but at the end of the day it's not going to make the bus come any faster and you aren't going to save on travel time. I guess it does allow you to hang back in your room a few extra minutes though which could be nice on a bad weather day.
In the mornings when everyone is rushing and worried about rope drop is when I see it being the most effective. So many mornings we had just missed a bus which put us arriving 15 minutes after rope drop which cost us a ride or two first thing. Not the end of the world of course but this should help. Of course it won’t help with full buses either...

Did they mention how it will work period? Do you have to be on site for the feature to show up? Or use the ticket first?
For instance, I have a ticket right now but there is no way I could take it and turn it in to an AP, that I can find at least. But I have neither used it nor am I on site.

The ticket has to be used at least once - nothing to do with price, but to remove the "Reassign Ticket" feature to prevent someone upgrading the ticket to an AP and then transferring it to someone else. No need to be on site that I'm aware of - the point, really, is for Florida residents who come for a day, go home to Miami, and then decide they really wanted to upgrade but no way are they driving back to Orlando within 14 days just for that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter