Bus times now available in My Disney Experience!

This is huge if the timing is accurate. Looking forward to reports from folks on-site who are trying it out.
I hope this is pretty accurate cos people are now going to be using it to decide when to leave their rooms for the bus stop!
I agree, but if too many people are headed out of their rooms to the bus stop, it's possible that there won't be enough space on the bus for everyone. It'll be interesting to watch.:)

Have the times become more accurate? We were at Pop April 2018, and BC August 2019, and it seemed the ETA just changed as you watch them sometimes. I.e., it was really no different than just guessing. I didn't ride the bus alot so maybe I just had bad luck the few times I did.

Have the times become more accurate? We were at Pop April 2018, and BC August 2019, and it seemed the ETA just changed as you watch them sometimes. I.e., it was really no different than just guessing. I didn't ride the bus alot so maybe I just had bad luck the few times I did.
Its essentially as accurate as you are going to get. The times always have been and always will be estimations. Traffic patterns change, accidents on roadways happen, and buses get stopped at red lights which add time.

I'm so excited this is finally live! I'm also really interested to see what people's experience with this is. With the boards changing constantly it will be interesting for sure. Hopefully the information that is given on the board will coincide with what is in the app and consequently will be updated at the same time.

Can't wait to use this feature when we are there in November. We have horrible timing and without fail come into view of the bus station as a bus to wherever we are going is leaving :cool:

It should match the boards and it should still change often. Nothing is going to change that. Works just like the GPS on your car, which will (or at least mine does) change your arrival time based on how often you have to stop in traffic. A minute slower here and a minute faster there
The GPS on the buses is monitored real time. They send the data to the monitor based on the time of the bus assigned to head to that stop. Buses stop in traffic, stop to load ECV, stop for a variety of reasons. Each stop changes the arrival time. Heck, worse we saw was on Dark Side Half day. Bus couldn't get to the resort due to race route and the time kept changing and changing and changing. We finally called for an Uber, which we only got because we got one that had just dropped someone off. Once we got out and saw the traffic, buses stuck in there too, we knew what was going on with the bus time.

Hopefully it works. I really liked the resorts where they had bus times posted. Even if they weren't completely accurate, it was nice to know if the bus was coming or if you just missed it. It never changed anything, but at least I had an idea of how long we would be waiting.

Where is the Bus times located in the new app. I downloaded it and got the new format. where does it said the bus time?

Edit: I guess I posted too late thanks erionm

I couldn’t find it. So used the search function for ‘bus’ and got to an estimator system for bus/walk/boat timing from there. I’d never seen that before.

We aren’t staying on property for our trip starting next month, but are staying at a DS hotel so want to do a bit of travel from/to DS from the parks. That estimator will be handy even if I can’t access the actual GPS system for the buses.

It's currently only available if you are staying at a Disney Resort and only during your actual stay.

Does this include the Swan/Dolphin? Sometimes they're considered onsite and sometimes they're considered offsite. In terms of park transport, they're currently treated as onsite, so I'm hoping they get this feature, too.

While it is true that the estimated times are often revised, I don't ever remember seeing them being revised to an EARLIER time.

So this will at least be useful in letting us know not to wolf down our breakfast if we can see that the next estimated time is not in the next 10 mintues or so, and it will be nice not to have to keep darting outside to see what the newest revised time is.

I like this new feature a lot.

This is huge if the timing is accurate. Looking forward to reports from folks on-site who are trying it out.

I agree, but if too many people are headed out of their rooms to the bus stop, it's possible that there won't be enough space on the bus for everyone. It'll be interesting to watch.:)
Especially at places like Pop, where bus queues fill up fast!

Does this include the Swan/Dolphin? Sometimes they're considered onsite and sometimes they're considered offsite. In terms of park transport, they're currently treated as onsite, so I'm hoping they get this feature, too.
Good question. Do they have bus boards at their stops?

Excited for the update. I think it will be helpful to rush or spend 2 minutes and finish my coffee.
Does anyone else miss the old days in which we decided what park we were going to for the day based on what bus showed up first. No worrying about fp+ and only needed ressies for the most hard to get restaurants?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter