Bus times now available in My Disney Experience!

Does this include the Swan/Dolphin? Sometimes they're considered onsite and sometimes they're considered offsite. In terms of park transport, they're currently treated as onsite, so I'm hoping they get this feature, too.
Here's where the issue with this is going to be. To see the bus wait times you have to click on the Resort Details page, where you see things like room number or room charges. Neither of those are available to Swan/Dolphin guests, are they? I'm not sure where you'd go to see the bus wait times if you can't click on the Resort page. Then again, maybe I'm wrong and that info is there for Swan/Dolphin

Excited for the update. I think it will be helpful to rush or spend 2 minutes and finish my coffee.
Does anyone else miss the old days in which we decided what park we were going to for the day based on what bus showed up first. No worrying about fp+ and only needed ressies for the most hard to get restaurants?
We still do this on Occassion. Believe it or not some FP are not that hard to get same day so we just change them on the fly. Not every day any more but still fun to do every once in a while. We never have ADR to move, we always do them same day

If its anything like the digital boards at the bus stops last week, its maybe 50% reliable. Almost never accurate either way. Sometimes would show 20 minutes and then the bus would come in 10. Many times, it would say 15, then 16, then 17, then all of a sudden "Buses every 20 minutes" and then arrive way past 20 minutes. At this point, its a just a reference.

I used it this afternoon. The times match the monitors/screens at the resort bus stops exactly. So it’s as accurate as they are (or aren’t!) This evening we wanted AK and the board (and app) kept saying “Departs every 20 minutes” and wouldn’t give s time like all the others. Then it finally gave a time, 17 minutes out and 5 minutes later a combined AK/BB bus showed up. We had sent a kid to the bathroom expecting it to be longer, you know how that goes. So sometimes it’s no more correct than it’s ever been. It’s only available for buses FROM the resorts to parks.

If its anything like the digital boards at the bus stops last week, its maybe 50% reliable. Almost never accurate either way. Sometimes would show 20 minutes and then the bus would come in 10. Many times, it would say 15, then 16, then 17, then all of a sudden "Buses every 20 minutes" and then arrive way past 20 minutes. At this point, its a just a reference.
As I said previously you are never going to have 100% accuracy. There are average times yes but even in ones daily commute to work or other activities the time can vary based on weather, traffic, etc.

I used it this afternoon. The times match the monitors/screens at the resort bus stops exactly. So it’s as accurate as they are (or aren’t!) This evening we wanted AK and the board (and app) kept saying “Departs every 20 minutes” and wouldn’t give s time like all the others. Then it finally gave a time, 17 minutes out and 5 minutes later a combined AK/BB bus showed up. We had sent a kid to the bathroom expecting it to be longer, you know how that goes. So sometimes it’s no more correct than it’s ever been. It’s only available for buses FROM the resorts to parks.
FYI - To those that don't know, this is the message it gives when no bus has been dispatched for that park. Most likely, you had just missed a bus (don't you HATE when that happens!)
So in your case, when a bus was dispatched, the time was updated to 17 min but, as I have seen happen before, a bus was came that never got registered. We had this happen at BWI recently. It was only in the morning when a bus attendant was there and could manually request a bus when they saw the crowd dictated a particular bus was needed "out of cycle".
I wonder if it was because of the BB buses? I haven't stayed at AKL since the new BB bus route was done, do all AK buses from AKL go to BB too?

So, I upgraded to the new MDE app, signed in and my plans etc are missing. MDE on my PC is fine, everything is as it was, dining, tickets, PhotoPass. I tried to enter my Board Walk ressie into the phone app and the message is, 'Reservation Already Linked' yet the app lacks any of my plans. I'm hoping it will synch up, I upgraded 2 hrs ago. Any thoughts?

Bill From PA

So, I upgraded to the new MDE app, signed in and my plans etc are missing. MDE on my PC is fine, everything is as it was, dining, tickets, PhotoPass. I tried to enter my Board Walk ressie into the phone app and the message is, 'Reservation Already Linked' yet the app lacks any of my plans. I'm hoping it will synch up, I upgraded 2 hrs ago. Any thoughts?

Bill From PA

Funny, I've had issues with the app showing my plans, and when I did the update yesterday, now it all shows up fine! :-)

But, as mentioned, the app has been very fluky for what does / doesn't show up for me lately. I will usually uninstall/reinstall and sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't. Sort of frustrating.

Bill From PA
Welcome to the world of the MDE app.
Sign out, close the app. Open the app, Sign back in. See if that does the trick.

Welcome to the world of the MDE app.
Sign out, close the app. Open the app, Sign back in. See if that does the trick.

Yep, did that and then I even shut down the phone and restarted it, same thing. Hoping time heal sall wounds.

Bill From PA

Yep, did that and then I even shut down the phone and restarted it, same thing. Hoping time heal sall wounds.

Bill From PA
I don't think it will change with time myself. What device? Android or Apple? If Andriod, try to delete any stored cache/data and sign back in one more time. If Apple, delete the app and try again.

I don't think it will change with time myself. What device? Android or Apple? If Andriod, try to delete any stored cache/data and sign back in one more time. If Apple, delete the app and try again.

'Droid, LG Vista, all was well until I upgraded. I'll try the cache/data thing, thanks.

Bill From PA

'Droid, LG Vista, all was well until I upgraded. I'll try the cache/data thing, thanks.

Bill From PA
You are lucky. MDE is notorious for not showing plans correctly. Or showing old plans even after you change them. If that's never happened to you in all this time you may be the only user that's never happened to
Usually, signing out and back in fixes it. Usually. But not always..... Because it is MDE we are talking about and it's never that easy

With this new update, does anyone know how to upgrade your ticket to an AP? I looked everywhere last night and couldn't find it.

Hmm... Had 2 MDE icons on phone after this update, one blue one grey. Just uninstalled both and reinstalled for new version.

I am happy to hear about this update. Though, given that bus the times (understandably) frequently update, I'm thinking there will be many times we needlessly run to get to the bus stop.

With this new update, does anyone know how to upgrade your ticket to an AP? I looked everywhere last night and couldn't find it.
I don't see it either. I'm going to take a stab in the dark and make my WAG and say that it won't show the option until you use the ticket at least once. Even though it is not required to do so in reality I bet for MDE's sake, it needs to see that usage to activate the option. But again, totally me guessing.

Excellent new feature. You can also upgrade to an AP on the app (although I can't seem to find this feature) and it has a new interface.
It came up for me when I pulled the app up, which took me by surprise because we are current AP members, lol...but it was offering it as I pulled up not logged in.

It came up for me when I pulled the app up, which took me by surprise because we are current AP members, lol...but it was offering it as I pulled up not logged in.
Are you talking about the message you got when you first did the update that pointed out the new changes? That was there for everyone? Or did you get a different message than that?

I remembered that I hadn't used the new version on my iPad so I could see the message about the update changes on it.
The message says
"Apply the cost of your ticket to an Annual Pass
Upgrade before or on the last valid day of your ticket to keep going in the parks all year long...."

Because it mentions specifically about upgrading before your last day, I wonder even more now if it will only offer this after you've used the ticket at least once

That, or like the bus wait times, is it coded to see when you are on property and only comes up as a choice then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter