CALLING ALL HOLIDAY DIS'ERS!!! Time to get pumped!

angey77

DIS Veteran
Are you like me and spending part of the holidays in The World?
Are the days dragging for you?
Do you have a list of everything you will be buying your loved ones for Christmas from WDW?
Do thoughts of sugar plumb fairies dressed as Tinker Bell dance through your head???

ENOUGH DREAMING! LET'S GET PUMPED UP!!

What are you most looking forward to? Do you have any holiday secrets or traditions in The World? Come on, spread the joy, and let's know what tops off your wish list. This could lead to some great pointers for everyone! :chat:

I am most excited about seeing the snow again on Main Street for MVMCP on our last night 12/19 and experiencing the Candelight Processional on our first day (12/13) for the first time.:Pinkbounc

Oh I'm pumped, that's for sure :bounce: :bounce:

I'm really looking forward to seeing WDW at Christmas time again, it's soooooo beautiful. I'm also very psyched about MVMCP, particularly since we'll be meeting up with about 46 other DIS'ers. :teeth: :teeth:

This will be my first time to go to Disney for the Holidays!!:) I am taking my mom and best friend from college for their first time to Disney. We are excited about the Candlelight Processional and MVMCP!! We will be staying at the Wilderness Lodge December 5-12. I can't wait to see the look on my mom's face when she sees that HUGE Christmas Tree in the WL lobby!! It will make all the planning and sacrificing well worth it!!:)

Im pumped to see all the holiday stuff that Ive only heard about. But on the downside Im sort of bummed not to be spending the holidays with my family this year. :(

I love WDW in Dec. I'll be there the 5th - 13th and can't wait. The CP and MVMCP are always so beautiful. Every time we go to WDW we try to find an unusual Christmas ornament for our tree. Last year we got a green glass pickle from Germany. (in Germany, they put a glass pickle on the tree and the first to spot it gets to be the first to open a gift)

I am really pumped about my first holiday visit to Disney. I'll be In Orlando Dec 5-14 and at the GF Dec 9-13. We plan on:
  • Touring the resorts - noting the christmas tree toppers
  • Going to VMCP, having dinner at LTT
  • The Candlelight Processional
  • Learning to say Merry Christmas in different languages and seeing all the different Santas in all the EPCOT countries
  • Hearing the voices of Liberty sing Christmas Carrols
Our non-holiday activities include, (all new to us) Victoria & Alberts, spa treatment, seeing Mickey's Philharmonic, Who Wants to be a Millionaire, Mission Space, Lunch at Cindy's and Wishes. I am looking foward to Carosel of Progress & TimeKeeper. Its been so long since I've been on those two rides as they are always closed when we tour in the off-season.

I wish we would have more time for other rides but I want this trip to be a relaxing Holiday vacation. Our only repeats that are must do's are Fantasmic, Living Seas, the MK mtns, possibly Test Track, American Adventure and Hall of Presidents.

:bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc ::Pinkbounc

I cannot wait.. you have no idea how much I am looking forward to my time with the Mouse during the Holidays.. It just sets the Holiday season in motion for me.. I think we will be there at the same time.. I will wave.. :D

This will be my first December at WDW and I'm very excited too! I'm looking forward to seeing all the different Santas in Epcot, the different resort decorations, MVMCP and CP! There's so much to do ... maybe I should have made my trip longer ::yes::

Where's squirrel country Marsha? I thought that was in my backyard! *lol* We've got about a dozen of the furry little guys who come by :)

After 4 trips to Disney World, here is my list of things to do that I have never done:

1) Ride Jungle Cruise in the dark
2) See Carousel of Progress
3) Have a Dole Whip
4) Figure out what a citrus swirl is
5) Pull the rope at Indiana Jones
6) Eat a Beaver Tail
7) Get up early enough to watch the sun come up
8) Get up early and sit in the lobby of the Wilderness Lodge and watch it come awake.
9) Have as many drinks as I want without worrying about calories!

31 days until:
Mission:Space
Grand Floridian
Our 5th time @ MVMCP (we collect the free picture and put in our X-Mas album)
50's Prime Time Cafe
Fantasmic
Wishes
Candlelight Processional
Tower of Terror
The list goes on and on......

WOW! I can hardly believe that it's under a month! I have been waiting, and waiting, and waiting....I have already gotten my luggage out and just picked up my Disney package at the travel agency! I can see it on the horizon! Hope to see you there and HAVE FUN! Helen

I'm not really pumped today...I worked last night and have gotten about 3 hrs sleep over the last million hours or so.

Normally, I am much less subdued and need to be restrained. This is our first Christmas at the world and we are looking forward to:

MVMCP and dinner at CP and the mini DIS meet there
Cirque, another first
POR, a first
Candlelight Processional...you guessed it, 1st
Watching them tape the Christmas day Parade
Illuminations, many, many times
ToT at night
CoP, it's supposed to be open since there's no Extraterrestrial
Christmas decorations at resorts
Mission Space
Jellyrolls with other DISsers
Dinner at Coral Reef
Dinner with friends then CP for the second(or 3rd or 4th) time

This will be our first holiday spent at WDW and I am definitely pumped!

Looking forward to:
Cirque
Gary Sinise in the Candlelight Processional
DH doing the Richard Petty Experience
DS turning 14 during the trip
Seeing the decorations for the first time!
Dining at some new restaurants(Cape May, Teppanyaki) as well as old favorites(50's Prime Time)

I could go on and on but I'll stop there!:earsboy:

I am SO PUMPED! Since this trip is for my Disney World wedding and honeymoon, I can hardly contain myself! :Pinkbounc

Here are just a few of the gazillions of things I'm looking forward to:

--cheese soup at Le Cellier

--the suites at the GF and BWI

--MVMCP (twice)

--Cirque du Soleil

--a sticky mickey from Concourse Steakhouse

--and most importantly, becoming a Mrs.!!!

Ead79: CONGRATULATIONS! I hope you have a wonderful wedding and a wonderful life together! Helen

I'm excited. We have NEVER been to WDW during the holidays. This isn't something we had planned to do, but DH knew how much I wanted to see the decorations. We have decided to surprise the kids.

On the Friday before Christmas we are leaving as soon as DH gets home from work. What I plan to do is get the van all packed and ready on Thursday night while my kids are at dance.

Then on Friday when DH gets home, I am going to just say to him, "Hey, why don't we go to Disney World this weekend?" And he is going to say, "Sure, let's go!" ...and we are going to head to the van as the kids are wondering if their parents are playing a really mean joke on them ;) (it is an 18 hour drive).

Then we are heading out that night and will be at the Pop Century Resort on Sunday! Can't wait to see the new resort. It looks so cute!

DJ

Originally posted by ead79
I am SO PUMPED! Since this trip is for my Disney World wedding and honeymoon, I can hardly contain myself! :Pinkbounc

Ahh, to be a bride at Disney AND at the holidays. You have to give us a trip report when you get back....I'll forward it to my BF of almost two years. Maybe I can get some ideas in his head for our trip in Dec 04. ;)

I can't wait...I am really feeling the need for a vacation, so I'm doubly anxious to get to the world. We have so much to look forward to, the new rides, different restaurants. Can time pass any slower????

I'm looking forward to EVERYTHING! Is that good enough? Just seeing my husband's face....before he tries to kill me for planning so much in the 6 days! :teeth: I'm trying not to get my hopes up, since it's not a for sure yet, but...

We are so excited about this trip it's unbelieveable. We leave on the 4th of December and it seems like time is standing still. In anticipation tonight at dinner we played a game choosing a job for each of us at the world - too fun. I am most looking forward to:

Candlelight Processional
MVMCP
Illuminations Cruise
Breakfast with Cinderella
Riding ToT with my entire family
the list could go on and on....
Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter