Calling all Princesses! (2014 Princess half marathon board)

Status
Not open for further replies.
emilyindisney said:
Glad to see everyone is already as excited as I am! Only one year to go, ladies!

How was the weather? And the new expo location? Would you mind telling us a little bit about this year's experience? I'd love to hear!

The weather was horrid this year. High amounts of humidity shot quiet a few people's chances mine included. A sharp contrast to the 2012 edition which had temperatures in the 60s/70s with a bit of humidity but nothing severe. Hoping for 2012 conditions for 2014.

As for the expo, well it was a mad house to put it lightly. Lines for everything, bags and t shirts not ready, and an official merchandise area where the biggest question was 'Wheres the line start?' Them moving us to a smaller venue was a bad, bad idea. Hope they think of something better next year even going to WWOS which admittedly was a bit cramped would be better than Coronado with the current layout.

I will say though that the race organization itself was spectacular. They may have fell short everywhere else but they did a damn good job with the race itself.

I think the main problem was apparently no one at Run Disney actually though about the effects of adding several thousand more runners to a race does to everything. They were going about it like we had the same amount as last year which it wasn't. Hoping they don't make that mistake next year.

They generally put on a really good race it just didn't go that great this year.

Me! Me! I have had my eye on the Princess half for a few years and 2014 is the year I will make it happen! I have been set back in my running with injuries quite a few times, so I'm transitioning to barefoot/minimal running and plan to build myself up all year.

I was wondering how the expo move would go, I wonder if they will have it at CSR when it seems to have been a mess doing it there!

I am planning on doing it, I think I'm going to be Ariel this time. Purple sports bra with shells, and gotta design the tail.

Danhockey04 said:
I am planning on doing it, I think I'm going to be Ariel this time. Purple sports bra with shells, and gotta design the tail.

Just don't do what that one dude did today! You probably didn't see him bc you finishe way ahead, but he was wearing emerald green lamé leggings and let me tell you, I cannot imagine the swamp that he had going on! Those pants are NOT wicking!! Hahahaha! Great job today Dan! I showed DH your pic and he was super impressed! You rock!

Well, the costume today was a two dress, cotton outfit. Also, had the tech shirt on the bottom. It wasn't too bad, but the design this time will be a tech material this time, just hope it's not cold next year since my stomach will be exposed.

I am planning on running or run/walking the princess half in 2014! I am also new to running and need to loose a few lbs! I am ver excited for next feb!

Danhockey04 said:

I saw some really cool leggings on etsy. Google mermaid leggings. They were a little pricey, but way cool. I can't wait to see pictures of what you come up with. You did a great job on your Rapunzel dress!

I just realized the shells are purple, so I need a nude sports bra. Well either way, I decide the right color match, it should be getting altogether sometime in August

Also, I have a seamstress that is on etsy, my costume I wore and designed partly (took her original and modified it) she sells on there. I will work with her to come up with the design. Only thing is I'm in FL, she is in CAL.

I'm so jealous- I'd love to run ToT and go to the villain after party! Unfortunately, I'm a broke college student who can't afford that many trips :confused3

I wasnt planning on doing ToT originally, but I kept going on the Run Disney website and it just looked so much fun that I decided to bite the bullet and do it. I figure it will be good preparation for the Princess 1/2 and I will get an idea of what Run Disney races are like.

Princesses who have done this race in the past -- what is your opinion on the race retreat?? Is it worth the extra money?

I am thinking "yes" to pasta in the park.

Probable "yes" to 5K, but if so, is the breakfast following that worth the money?

Registration needs to hurry up and get here -- but I am guessing it will be like the other races, about 8-ish months out :rolleyes1

Danhockey04 said:

Your Rapunzel outfit was spectacular, can't wait to see the LM!

Seeing all the pictures on Facebook and the disboards have me so excited to do this race next year! I have restarted couch to 5k (I don't think I have gone on a run since I ran the princess in 2012 so needless to say I am out of shape). I'm going to ramp up my Grace Adele business in order to have the money to go (I have a hard time convincing my husband sometimes to spend this kind of money on just me). And I'm going to go through all of our "junk" and sell it on craigslist or eBay to add to my race fund (I'm gonna need some cute running clothes and some new running shoes).

Moral of the story: I am GOING TO DO THIS RACE!!!!! I'm not going to let being out of shape or no extra money stop me from crossing that finish line!!!!

Me, me, me, me, me!! :cool1:

I'm so excited about PHM '14. I've been waiting for the new thread for a few weeks now (I felt kind of awkward stalking this years thread all these months).

I'm Christy, and this will be my first RunDisney race. I started running 5K's about 3 years ago, tapered off and quit as a new mom, and then started back with gusto late last year. I'm signed up for a 5K on Saturday, another 5K in March and I plan to add a 10K in August so that I'll have a time to submit with registration for the Princess. I'm going to try to do our local 10 mile Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Day, to give me the confidence to know that I can do 13.1 miles. I've always struggled with distance, so this race is going to be a huge goal for me. Can't wait to get to know my fellow runners on the thread. Hopefully I'll find a few other solo princesses before the big day next year!

Seeing all the pictures on Facebook and the disboards have me so excited to do this race next year! I have restarted couch to 5k (I don't think I have gone on a run since I ran the princess in 2012 so needless to say I am out of shape). I'm going to ramp up my Grace Adele business in order to have the money to go (I have a hard time convincing my husband sometimes to spend this kind of money on just me). And I'm going to go through all of our "junk" and sell it on craigslist or eBay to add to my race fund (I'm gonna need some cute running clothes and some new running shoes).

Moral of the story: I am GOING TO DO THIS RACE!!!!! I'm not going to let being out of shape or no extra money stop me from crossing that finish line!!!!

I know what you mean! I have been seeing pictures on FB & reading tweets all day from runners this morning and hearing about PHM weekend. Cant wait until next year!

I'm so excited about PHM '14. I've been waiting for the new thread for a few weeks now (I felt kind of awkward stalking this years thread all these months).

I'm Christy, and this will be my first RunDisney race. I started running 5K's about 3 years ago, tapered off and quit as a new mom, and then started back with gusto late last year. I'm signed up for a 5K on Saturday, another 5K in March and I plan to add a 10K in August so that I'll have a time to submit with registration for the Princess. I'm going to try to do our local 10 mile Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Day, to give me the confidence to know that I can do 13.1 miles. I've always struggled with distance, so this race is going to be a huge goal for me. Can't wait to get to know my fellow runners on the thread. Hopefully I'll find a few other solo princesses before the big day next year!

Welcome!! I will be running this race solo too :)

Hi everyone :wave2:

I'm trying to talk my friend into the 2014 PHM with me after looking at this year's pictures. It looks like so much fun!

We are not runners, so still trying to decide if this is actually possible. It is a year away, after all... Her words were "you are crazy, but I guess if there were ever a half marathon for us to do it would have to be a Disney one :)" So, there you have it - the seed has been planted.

Now, to convince DH that the girls running off to WDW is a good idea. :rolleyes1

Christy, I have been stalking for months as well! You are not alone! :lmao:

Welcome!! I will be running this race solo too :)

I would love to see a meet up happen for solo runners this year!:)

Christy, I have been stalking for months as well! You are not alone! :lmao:

That makes me feel better! It feels so good to be able to participate in conversation this time around!

I've read some not so stellar race reports from this year's Princess. I'm kind of hoping that they will scale back the general chaos a little bit, because it seems like they've lost some of the Disney magic the past few years. I really hope that next year is all that I imagine it to be. This will be our first family trip to WDW, and I'm so looking forward to sharing the experience with my two sweet boys. Our three year old has special needs, and one of the reasons I started running again was to give him an example to never, ever give up. I can't wait until he sees me finish.

I am planning on doing the PHM. I am hoping that my friend will walk with me. I am currently working on getting my pace faster so that I have time for the important things like pictures and potty breaks. I joined moon joggers as part of my training plan. So far I have completed 159 miles of my 1000 mile commitment. In 41 days I will be doing my first practice half at Atlantic City. I might try another one in the fall. Vicki

I'll be running it with one of my bridesmaids. We will have custom shirts. I'm going to get a white running skirt and possibly bird cage veil too :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter