Caryn and Mark PJ- SBP/LSS/PI >>>>>>AND WE'RE OFF<<<<<<

Caryn! You are almost there!! HOLD ON!!!:hug: You have thought of everything and everything looks GREAT! :goodvibes

I am leaving in 2 days to head to Florida for our planning session- a couple of days with my "I dont know how to rsvp" family!!:eek: then on to Disney! I have barely started to pack and yet when my children give me a moment here I am! Not what I should be doing but yet so much more fun! :cool1: And venting and listening to others is somewhat therapeutic!:upsidedow

Your day will be beautiful!:)

caryn~

thank you sooo much for making me laugh :rotfl: i really needed it , i'm glad i'm not the only one losing it and lashing out for no reason :rolleyes1 , i'm 2.5 wks away i just changed my photographer i keep coming up with "ideas" my poor fiance is about to kill me, i don't know what i'd do if i was not getting married at disney where they do almost everything for you. can you imagine if we had to do all the tracking down and everything on our own???? i'd be locked up by now! i keep thinking back to an old bridezilla show where the girls is riding around talking about her friend xanax. and how she was popping pills every other minute to keep calm....

i am so looking forward to that honeymoon cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caryn just dont show up at the market and start taking apart the hotdog bun packages screaming about how they only sell 12 hot dog buns and its a conspiracy between the hot dog people and the bun people!!!!!!!! All shall be well just think this time next week you'll really be flipping out AND mom will be there to yell at you for it WELCOME TO MY WORLD!!!!! Ok prob not making you feel better but ill be there to help you and so will dad and linds. just take it one day at a time .. enjoy these next few days and next week cause soon it will be over and you'll be wondering where all the time went. as i tell me patients deep breaths .. in your nose and out your mouth!!!

Everything looks great... I hope you have a LARGE car Lindsay!

Thank you Kristen. No, I do not have a large car!! It's a two door hatchback :rotfl2:
Thankfully I won't have to ship 32 1/2 dozen cookies (remember that plan?)

Don't worry, I'll be posting pics

:grouphug: Thanks for sharing your frustrations, I really needed to know that I'm not the only one freaking out (and to think I still have 6 weeks :scared:) Just remember in a few days you'll be at the happiest place on earth getting married pixiedust: so there can't be anything better!

Caryn you sound like you need a :hug: I think every bride-to-be looses their mind a few days before the wedding! That's why you go on honeymoons, so you can re-gain your sanity!!! Stay away from the mall!!:rotfl:

OH CARYN!! I'm so proud of you for making it this far. I'm still two and a half weeks out and I've already started losing it. I'm not quite completely over the edge yet. But I'm getting there.

I just wish I could wrap you in :grouphug: :cloud9: :love: :goodvibes (which translates into hugs, happy place, love and good vibes) However, since I know this will never work... I'm going to let it go. I also know at this point it is useless to tell you to relax, and it is useless to tell you that it's all going to work out. The truth of the matter is, you're going to have to live through the next week and let the events unfold and handle them the best you can. That, I know, you will do. Can't wait to see you on the other side of this!!! :hug:

i remember being at 2.5 weeks...that was a happy, peaceful time...thanks for the hugs!

Feel better! Everything will be fine. Reading through your planning journal you seem very prepaired!

i'm a planning freak (look at the size of the pj...) and a perfectionist and i stress all the time. i'm sure everything will be fine. i keep telling myself that anyways...

....Or you might be doing lat pulldowns at the gym and decide you want to attach hot-pink corset straps to the neckline of your white strapless gown....:rotfl:

OMG was that you???? was that YOUR thought? that is so funny!

RELAX - RELATE - RELEASE

Everytime you feel stressed out just repete these words over and over. I seen this on an old episode of a DIfferant World and have been doing it for years! LOL

RELAX - RELATE - RELEASE

i think i saw that episode! i used to say that to myself when i had to give speeches in college!

Caryn! You are almost there!! HOLD ON!!!:hug: You have thought of everything and everything looks GREAT! :goodvibes

I am leaving in 2 days to head to Florida for our planning session- a couple of days with my "I dont know how to rsvp" family!!:eek: then on to Disney! I have barely started to pack and yet when my children give me a moment here I am! Not what I should be doing but yet so much more fun! :cool1: And venting and listening to others is somewhat therapeutic!:upsidedow

Your day will be beautiful!:)

i know what you mean about absorbing yourself in others venting, i must have read wendy's journal 7 times today...

caryn~

thank you sooo much for making me laugh :rotfl: i really needed it , i'm glad i'm not the only one losing it and lashing out for no reason :rolleyes1 , i'm 2.5 wks away i just changed my photographer i keep coming up with "ideas" my poor fiance is about to kill me, i don't know what i'd do if i was not getting married at disney where they do almost everything for you. can you imagine if we had to do all the tracking down and everything on our own???? i'd be locked up by now! i keep thinking back to an old bridezilla show where the girls is riding around talking about her friend xanax. and how she was popping pills every other minute to keep calm....

i am so looking forward to that honeymoon cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i saw that bridezilla show...no xanax for me...tequila yes, xanax no...mark would constantly yell at me for "adding" projects...i kept telling him that projects are like accessories, they are very necessary, though one might not think so at first...

Caryn just dont show up at the market and start taking apart the hotdog bun packages screaming about how they only sell 12 hot dog buns and its a conspiracy between the hot dog people and the bun people!!!!!!!! All shall be well just think this time next week you'll really be flipping out AND mom will be there to yell at you for it WELCOME TO MY WORLD!!!!! Ok prob not making you feel better but ill be there to help you and so will dad and linds. just take it one day at a time .. enjoy these next few days and next week cause soon it will be over and you'll be wondering where all the time went. as i tell me patients deep breaths .. in your nose and out your mouth!!!

i need to watch that movie again tonight...

Thank you Kristen. No, I do not have a large car!! It's a two door hatchback :rotfl2:
Thankfully I won't have to ship 32 1/2 dozen cookies (remember that plan?)

Don't worry, I'll be posting pics

wow. i forgot about the martha cookies...

:lmao: I almost forgot about that!

glad that one didn't pan out!!! could you IMAGINE me making all those cookies NOW?????

:grouphug: Thanks for sharing your frustrations, I really needed to know that I'm not the only one freaking out (and to think I still have 6 weeks :scared:) Just remember in a few days you'll be at the happiest place on earth getting married pixiedust: so there can't be anything better!

you're right. don't worry vanessa, you're not the only one. i am totally freaking right now.

Caryn you sound like you need a :hug: I think every bride-to-be looses their mind a few days before the wedding! That's why you go on honeymoons, so you can re-gain your sanity!!! Stay away from the mall!!:rotfl:

thanks kendra. i agree with the honeymoon, though we still don't have that planned yet...

so WHY did my mother have to send me an email telling me not to change my dress again. coming from the woman who wore an OSCAR DE LA RENTA handmade gown for her wedding...i really feel like i am allowed some DRESS STRESS. ugh! besides, i am SO OBVIOUSLY DREAMING! where would i get another dress, get it altered etc at this point in the game??? in my dreams, that's where.

so, remember that sex and the city episode when charlotte and harry are getting married and he see's her in her dress and TOTALLY freaks out and screams, "oooohhhhhhh nooooooo, this is sssooooooo baaaaadddddd" and anthony goes on to tell harry that one of his brides had a nervous breakdown, but "pulled it together for the big day though." THAT is how i feel. so what is my plan for tomorrow? i'm going to lock myself in my house with a bottle of wine and clean/pack/play with my cats and watch mindless television while munching on brownies.

bachelor/bachelorette party #2 is on friday and i have to rest up for that. we had 2 people pull out today, which is fine with me because i haven't given a final count yet.

LOL!!!
Caryn you are allowed to be stressed BUT everyone here knows that you'll have an absolutely beautiful wedding... :)

Which I am going to miss by 1 day... grumble ... grumble...

Anyways... I'll be thinking about you next thursday while I'm at work... !!!!

You are allowed to be a little crazy a week before the wedding!!! :eek: Enjoy your lock-in!!! Let loose at you bachelorette party! You'll feel better- I bet you'll settle down once your on Disney soil!!! :goodvibes

DF has agreed we should be wedding groupies for your ceremony! :yay: I thought maybe he'd think I was nuts (probably am :upsidedow)

so, remember that sex and the city episode when charlotte and harry are getting married and he see's her in her dress and TOTALLY freaks out and screams, "oooohhhhhhh nooooooo, this is sssooooooo baaaaadddddd" and anthony goes on to tell harry that one of his brides had a nervous breakdown, but "pulled it together for the big day though." THAT is how i feel. so what is my plan for tomorrow? i'm going to lock myself in my house with a bottle of wine and clean/pack/play with my cats and watch mindless television while munching on brownies.
Long-time lurker to this area of the boards...had to come out of lurkdom though because of this paragraph! I LOVE SATC and I can totally hear Charlotte's voice in the way you typed that! She's running around trying to hide...sigh...I miss that show! Good thing the movie's coming soon! :)

Also wanted to say that your wedding will be spectacular! It's been awhile since I've been through the wedding planning stuff, but I understand the stress and pressure that bubbles over with planning. I went through the big ordeal with my first wedding. Everone chiming in their two cents worth of advice and making me nuts at the time. But I did it the right way for my second marriage (in 2002)...DH and I got married in a small chapel in Kissimmee. No one else was there...just us. It was exactly the way it needed to be! Although, I really wanted the DFTW, but it was beyond our means at the time. I lurk here a lot because I am planning on doing a vow renewal at Disney! Just won't be for a few more years...maybe our 10 year wedding anniversary!

Relax...breathe...your day will be perfect! :wizard: (an extra sprinkling of pixie dust never hurt anyone!)

Caryn -- I am so happy for you! I know you are feeling very stressed right now, but please be assured that your planning and creativity have been so inspirational to so many Disney brides here. You are in such GREAT shape compared to what many people deal with for a home-town wedding, and here you are pulling everything off so beautifully for a destination wedding with all of those incredible, gorgeous personal touches!

Thank you so much for sharing the process with the rest of us mere mortals! You inspire the heck out of me. :laughing: I just have to rein myself in and keep reminding myself that I am "not Caryn." and do not have a creative bone in my body! LOL!!!

Good luck, sweetie! Can't wait to see it all come together for you!

Locking yourself in with brownies and your cat sounds like a good idea... chocolate cures everything doesn't it? :rotfl:

Enjoy your bachelorette party on Friday party:

Just think C .. this time next week you will be Mr and Mrs Mark and Caryn!!!! IM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!! HORAY!!!! Its going to be a great great day and i know im gonna cry so get over it now. were gonna have a great week next week. See ya tuesday!

You are allowed to be a little crazy a week before the wedding!!! :eek: Enjoy your lock-in!!! Let loose at you bachelorette party! You'll feel better- I bet you'll settle down once your on Disney soil!!! :goodvibes

DF has agreed we should be wedding groupies for your ceremony! :yay: I thought maybe he'd think I was nuts (probably am :upsidedow)

i think that i am SO GLAD that i'll be in disney in a few short days. i always have such an easy time relaxing there, especially at the boardwalk!!! yaaaaaaay for groupies!!! mark would think i was insane for wanting to do that! i'll wave to you!!!

Long-time lurker to this area of the boards...had to come out of lurkdom though because of this paragraph! I LOVE SATC and I can totally hear Charlotte's voice in the way you typed that! She's running around trying to hide...sigh...I miss that show! Good thing the movie's coming soon! :)

Also wanted to say that your wedding will be spectacular! It's been awhile since I've been through the wedding planning stuff, but I understand the stress and pressure that bubbles over with planning. I went through the big ordeal with my first wedding. Everone chiming in their two cents worth of advice and making me nuts at the time. But I did it the right way for my second marriage (in 2002)...DH and I got married in a small chapel in Kissimmee. No one else was there...just us. It was exactly the way it needed to be! Although, I really wanted the DFTW, but it was beyond our means at the time. I lurk here a lot because I am planning on doing a vow renewal at Disney! Just won't be for a few more years...maybe our 10 year wedding anniversary!

Relax...breathe...your day will be perfect! :wizard: (an extra sprinkling of pixie dust never hurt anyone!)

OMG! i LOVE satc. mark figured out how to break the copyright on the dvd's and make them mp4 files so i can have them on my ipod for the plane!!! i CAN'T WAIT for the movie to come out. i think carrie gets married...

i am miranda and charlotte combined with carrie's fashion sense. i love when miranda got married and she was dress shopping on her lunch break (CLASSIC)!

thanks for reading and coming out of lurk-dom to post!

Caryn -- I am so happy for you! I know you are feeling very stressed right now, but please be assured that your planning and creativity have been so inspirational to so many Disney brides here. You are in such GREAT shape compared to what many people deal with for a home-town wedding, and here you are pulling everything off so beautifully for a destination wedding with all of those incredible, gorgeous personal touches!

Thank you so much for sharing the process with the rest of us mere mortals! You inspire the heck out of me. :laughing: I just have to rein myself in and keep reminding myself that I am "not Caryn." and do not have a creative bone in my body! LOL!!!

Good luck, sweetie! Can't wait to see it all come together for you!

oh cam, you're so sweet! i was telling mark about you the other day, the houston marathon was on and i was saying how i wanted to run the disney marathon one of these days...his comment was, "you can't even run 3 miles without stopping." which is not true, i just can't keep up with HIM and i refuse to run when its' 100 degrees out with 90% humidity! YOU are MY inspiration!

Locking yourself in with brownies and your cat sounds like a good idea... chocolate cures everything doesn't it? :rotfl:

Enjoy your bachelorette party on Friday party:

i have three types of chocolate within arms reach right now and i'm watching emeril and opening wedding presents :thumbsup2 . the brownies were vetoed though, i don't have eggs and i refuse to break today's pattern to go to the store...

Just think C .. this time next week you will be Mr and Mrs Mark and Caryn!!!! IM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!! HORAY!!!! Its going to be a great great day and i know im gonna cry so get over it now. were gonna have a great week next week. See ya tuesday!

i know, mark woke up this morning and said the same thing. oh, i have a job for you...well, i might have a job for you. if i can't con him into getting a manicure with me on wed, i need you to entertain him in the parks. can you do that for me? then i want to go to fireworks that night...and maybe eat tapas or something @ world showcase.

tomorrow we are going to have a dance lesson...mark's idea, which is fine with me. he's nervous about the whole dancing thing. some of our guests are leaving today! they're driving and stopping along the way for some travel fun! this is so real now! i made a mani/pedi/eyebrow appt for sat at 6pm, they're not open sunday so i wanted to make sure i got the latest that i could get before we leave early on monday morning. i need to find a boom box down there...i need a way to play our dance song. guess i need to tell marion that...

i can't wait for your trip report!! you better update immediately or i might freak out.. same with kristen and wendy. i'll come straight through the computer screen :surfweb: i'm hooked and my boyfriend laughs at me, especially since i'm not going to be a dis bride. but whatev!

Caryn, hang in there chica! I have no advice other than (like said) you are allowed to be stressed! Try to take each little task one-at-a-time and let the rest go. Have your sensible self tell the perfectionist & creative self that its too late to make changes or paint your gown. Just try wrapping up the stuff that you have to do and let the rest be done (you have done a beautiful job), focus on getting to Disney, soak up the magic and enjoy! :grouphug:

Carrie, I love the pink strap idea! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter