Cases rising or dropping by you?

I wonder if contract tracers are asking Orlando area COVID positive patients if they have been to Disney/Universal/etc.

I wonder if contract tracers are asking Orlando area COVID positive patients if they have been to Disney/Universal/etc.
I would assume standard questioning is where have you been, have you attended mass gatherings or been somewhere with a lot of people and if so where and when, etc.

I'm not sure if a contact tracer in my area would ask "Have you been to Worlds of Fun recently". Sometimes the best policy it to ask open ended questions because you may get the most answers. If they had asked about Disney and Universal simply because it's in Orlando a person may not answer that they've also been to Busch Gardens in Tampa Bay or in Williamsburg as asking specifically about Disney or Universal are close ended questions.

IDK just a guess, haven't been contacted by a contact tracer as of yet so not sure what types of questions they are actually asking.

I would assume standard questioning is where have you been, have you attended mass gatherings or been somewhere with a lot of people and if so where and when, etc.
I was only speaking to there being no outbreaks connected to these places. A lot of people are not so forth coming with "where have you been" but may say yes to a direct question.

I was only speaking to there being no outbreaks connected to these places. A lot of people are not so forth coming with "where have you been" but may say yes to a direct question.
I know what you were speaking to :) They would find if there was an outbreak by figuring out where you've been. It's the same for how they've figured out certain grocery stores in my state have had outbreaks, same for how they found out a rest stop bathroom off of I-70 in my state was linked back to some cases.

Correct some people may say yes to a direct question but that was also my point. A direct question may mean they may not think to answer about other such similar places.."you only asked about...you didn't ask about.." kind of thing. Either way pros and cons to both ways of phrasing--open or close ended for sure.

Weren't you also waiting for:
* The protest outbreaks
* The Ozarks pool party outbreak
* The Disney reopening outbreak

We saw numbers spike in CA. We saw numbers spike in FL.

No idea if folks are catching COVID in FL and taking it home with them after visiting Disney. It's not like we have robust contact tracing in this country.

Sharon Stone is as dumb as a rock & the covid numbers are a lie.
OK, I'll bite...
* Do you think numbers around the world are a "lie", or just those in the US?
* What numbers exactly are a "lie"? The case counts? The hospital counts? The death counts?
* Why is this "lie" happening?
* Who is benefiting from this "lie"?

We saw numbers spike in CA. We saw numbers spike in FL.

No idea if folks are catching COVID in FL and taking it home with them after visiting Disney. It's not like we have robust contact tracing in this country.
The Ozarks are in CA? Didn't Florida's numbers go up BEFORE Disney opened?

Texas' numbers are floundering around and don't look greatly better. I thought we might see an improvement by now.

Texas' numbers are floundering around and don't look greatly better. I thought we might see an improvement by now.

I wish! Our County Judge deemed our Texas County as "the new epicenter" for the virus. Sadly, South Padre Island seems to be the example of what NOT to do.

Ugghh! I have taken Covid 19 extremely seriously since I heard about it in January, but I’m fighting against my family who thinks it’s no big deal. I have had the same argument with 2 different people two days in a row (DH and MIL). Both think the whole Covid issue is overblown.

This is what they think: Obviously neither one has experienced friends, family or their communities being ravaged by the virus; therefore, it’s not as big a deal as the media makes it out to be because it hasn’t affected them. And according to both of them the death counts are completely false because people who died in car accidents or from cancer are being counted as Covid deaths to inflate the numbers. And hospitals get paid more for Covid deaths, so they are also inflating the numbers.

How do I counter this? I explained about primary cause of death vs secondary cause of death and how it gets listed on death certificates. I also explained how Medicare pays out for Covid hospitalizations and how that’s been twisted in the media. Is there anything else I can tell them or any articles I can share to debunk their flawed thinking?

Ugghh! I have taken Covid 19 extremely seriously since I heard about it in January, but I’m fighting against my family who thinks it’s no big deal. I have had the same argument with 2 different people two days in a row (DH and MIL). Both think the whole Covid issue is overblown.

This is what they think: Obviously neither one has experienced friends, family or their communities being ravaged by the virus; therefore, it’s not as big a deal as the media makes it out to be because it hasn’t affected them. And according to both of them the death counts are completely false because people who died in car accidents or from cancer are being counted as Covid deaths to inflate the numbers. And hospitals get paid more for Covid deaths, so they are also inflating the numbers.

How do I counter this? I explained about primary cause of death vs secondary cause of death and how it gets listed on death certificates. I also explained how Medicare pays out for Covid hospitalizations and how that’s been twisted in the media. Is there anything else I can tell them or any articles I can share to debunk their flawed thinking?

You don’t. Wait until flu season in January/February. By that time more people will have been infected. Hospitals will be near capacity. And the election will be behind us. The reality should sink in by then.

In the meantime, sleep on the couch and tell your DH that you’re afraid you’ll catch COVID from him, so you’re maintaining social distancing until this is all over. A couple months of this and he’ll take it seriously. A week might work;)

If you really want to have the discussion with them...
* Have them find 100 examples of car accident & cancer victims being counted as Covid deaths. I mean, out of 170,000, surely they can find 100.
* Show this this chart. Anything over the yellow line is "excess" deaths. Source Starting in April, that's a lot of extra deaths. So is there that many car accidents and cancer deaths?

All that being said, I don't think we need to lock ourselves in our homes. And I don't think we wait for a vaccine. Wear a mask, socially distance, and wash your hands.

I’m in your general vicinity. Our numbers looked great a few weeks ago. I see a lot of mask compliance. I can’t explain why our numbers have gone up so much. It’s like Whack a Mole.

A lot of people have strong opinions about covid, the stats, masks, etc. You're probably wasting your time trying to convince them of anything they don't want to believe.

Protect yourself and hope for the best for those who won't do the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter