• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Catherine & Jesse - PJ & TR: TR Day 2 - hair & make up trial, updated 11/5

Catherine I love your teaser pics! I can't wait to see more! You did similar colors to what I am going to do. Lavender/Lilac and ivory!! :thumbsup2

I'm glad you all like the teaser pictures. Now for the TR... Here we go!

Day 1 - October 15th (Wednesday)

I was up all night on Tuesday finishing up my last minute projects and packing. I didn't go to bed until 3am. Here is all of our stuff packed up ready to go. My mom managed to fold up my dress and fit it into the Disney bag.

DSC03527.jpg

When the alarm went off at 5:30am, I rolled out of bed to get dressed. The cab was outside at 6am and Jesse and I headed to the airport.

Check in and security was a little bit slow, but the flight was pretty fast. We landed about 20 minutes ahead of schedule. We went over to baggage claim to pick up our suitcases. While we were waiting, I got a text message from one of my friends saying that his mom was going to Orlando today too and that she should be landing any minute. Just then, I look up and she was coming down the escalator. So I went over to say hi to her. Turns out she is going to a wedding in Kissimmee on Saturday.

After Jesse picked up our bags, we went to check in at the Magical Express counter.

DSC03531.jpg

DSC03533.jpg

DSC03535.jpg

We were the last stop on the bus. I couldn't wait to get inside - I love Animal Kingdom Lodge.
DSC03536.jpg

Our room wasn't ready when we checked in so we went down to Mara to get some lunch.
DSC03539.jpg

We both got the chicken nuggets platter. These were good, but I still miss the chicken strips.

We called the number to see if our room was ready - and it was!!! We are in room 2211.
DSC03542.jpg

DSC03541.jpg

DSC03543.jpg

We were able to see a few animals from our balcony.
DSC03548.jpg

DSC03544.jpg

Here is my dress hanging in the closest.
DSC03546.jpg

Jesse and I went over to Downtown Disney for some shopping and dinner. I've been craving Earl of Sandwich, so thats where we ended up going. I had a Caprese sandwich and Jesse had the Original sandwich. It was really yummy!

DSC03550.jpg

DSC03551.jpg

We walked around a little bit more and then went back to AKL. We were so tired from only sleeping 2 hours the night before.

Up next -- Day 2: my hair and make up trial and some pixie dust!

yay! I am so excited that you are back and starting your report! Congratulations and the teaser photos are beautiful!

What a wonderful start to your TR! :goodvibes I love seeing pics of AKL, though I've never stayed there! Can't wait to read more about your trip! :goodvibes

Great start to your TR!! :cool1: I love the Earl of Sandwich, your pictures are making me hungry for it!!

Can't wait to read more!

Catherine - 2 hours of sleep!?!?!?!?!?! EEEK :eek: You must have been sleep-walking! I can't believe you had the presence of mind to take pictures. Love the view of the animals from your balcony. :lovestruc Can't wait to hear more. :banana:

Thanks for reading ladies!

Cam - as the TR goes on, you will begin to see that 2-3 hours of sleep starts to become a trend :rolleyes:

Day 2 - October 16th (Thursday)

I set the alarm for 9:30 but I was up at 8:30. I was so excited to be in Disney that I couldn't sleep anymore! I signed on to say Hi to the Disbrides on the OT and headed out to pick up some breakfast before Patricia LeJeune came to do my hair and makeup trial at 10:30.

We went down to Mara and I got some Mickey waffles and Jesse got the breakfast platter. The Mickey waffles were yummy as always.

Patricia got to my room shortly after 10:30 and got started right away. I showed her some of the pictures that I found and we ended up doing a mix of 2 different hairstyles.

DSC03566.jpg

DSC03564.jpg

DSC03567.jpg

DSC03571.jpg

I was very happy with the outcome. The hair will be neater on the wedding day, but Patricia just wanted to show me what my hair would look like with bigger curls and smaller curls. So she did one side with big and the other with small. I'm going with the bigger curls. We are also going to put the veil on top of my hair instead of under it.

Patricia was very sweet. We had a great time talking while she was working on my hair and makeup. Jesse decided to go to the pool area and read his book. In the middle of our trial, my sister (MOH) Michele had just arrived at the hotel (she flew in this morning). She came into our room and the 3 of us were chatting away.

Jesse's cousin Phil (BM) just landed in Orlando and he was going to be staying in our room for the first night. After the trial Jesse, Michele, and I went to DTD for some lunch at Earl of Sandwich and shopping while we waited for Phil to arrive. Jesse got another Original sandwich and tomato soup, I got a chicken caesar salad, and Michele got the All American sandwich.

DSC03572.jpg

Michele went to meet up with one of her friends from when she was in the college program. So Jesse and I headed back to AKL to wait for Phil to arrive. Phil rented a car so we went to the front desk to get him a parking permit. A nice CM name Julia was helping us and congratulated us on our upcoming wedding. After we got our parking permit, we asked Julia if we could combine our 2 AKL reservations.

*back story*
We had to book 2 separate ressie's at AKL because Jesse's sister got a coupon in the mail for a really great rate at AKL (standard rooms only) the week of our wedding. But the rate didn't start until the 19th (our wedding day). So we had to book the first 4 nights (10/15-10/20) at the wedding room block rate (Savannah view). Then Jesse's sister booked us the next 6 nights (10/20-10/26) with her coupon rate.
*end of back story*

We wanted to stay in the same room through the whole trip because its a pain to move all of our stuff around. We asked Julia if this would be possible. She said that since the 2nd half of our reservation was for a standard room, there would probably be a price difference if we wanted to stay in the Savannah view, but that she would ask her manager if she could upgrade us for free since it was our wedding. She came back a few minutes later and told us that her manager said they were all booked up and that if we wanted to keep the Savannah view room for the rest of the stay we would need to pay an extra $65 per night. Jesse said that would be fine and we would just pay because we liked our room and he didn't want to move. About 5 minutes after we got back into our room, the phone rang. It was Julia! She said that she asked her other manager and she got permission to upgrade us to stay in the Savannah view for free! I thanked her so many times! She told me she was happy to help and wished us all the best for our wedding. She was sooo sweet. We were really happy!

So that was our pixie dust for the day! Wow - that was really long LOL.

After I got off the phone with Julia, we went out to the balcony for some pictures.

DSC03583.jpg

DSC03584.jpg

DSC03589.jpg

Phil called and said that he was in the lobby, so I went out to get him. We all waited in the room for Michele to come back from hanging out with her friend so we could all go to dinner. Michele got back around 8 and we went to Walmart to pick up some supplies. After that we went to eat at Buffalo Wild Wings. It was pretty good. The guys enjoyed it.

Up next: Day 3

Yay for the pixie dust!! :woohoo: pixiedust:

Catherine -- I swear, you and Jesse could not be any cuter! I bet you are so much fun to hang out with. :hug:

Can't wait to hear more!

Yay for an upgrade! Your food at Earl of sandwhich looks so good!!!

i am loving you tr so far you look sooo beautifulin your teaser pics i am also enjoying reading your pj gettin some ideas from you x x

WOW Yeah for getting the free upgrade!! That's so great!! Hope it was just the start of lots of pixie dust for your wedding and honeymoon!

Yay for the Upgrade. We stayed at the AKL and loved it on our Honeymoon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter