Celebrities?

Funny ~ I don't know if it is a regional thing or not... but I could really care less to see a "celebrity". I am more excited when I see someone I know from home! Like the barber or someone I went to HS with and haven't seen for years.

I am thinking it is a Maine thing... b/c most people I know here feel the same.

That being said .... to my knowledge I have not seen anyone... of course they would be just another guest to me and it probably wouldn't click. LOL!

It must be a maine thing because we are from maine too and we get excited when we see someone from Maine. =)

Back when DH and I were in college (and he was more of a DB), some friends of ours went on RnR and saw some boy band doing the same. I want to say it was N'SYNC, but I'm not sure.

Back when DH and I were in college (and he was more of a DB), some friends of ours went on RnR and saw some boy band doing the same. I want to say it was N'SYNC, but I'm not sure.

on a side note, *N SYNC did their Disney Channel Concert in 98 at DHS (I am so oblivious to when rides started before I started LIVING at disney haha) and then they did their Epcot Christmas spot in 99......not really sure when else they would have been all together.....

We also saw the teen girl that plays Raven's best friend. I don't know her name though. She was having lunch at Peco Bills and sat at the table beside us.

Anneliese van der Pol! Yeah.....I have a knack for remembering people's names....

We were in the same restaurant as Pat Sajak but we never saw him.

We have seen tons of people that we know from home, though.

I saw pat sajak!!! haha- my ONLY famous person I saw at disney :-)

I was eating at Cape May adn he was staying at Beach Club that week from what we had heard. It was like 16 years ago and I was a kid and saw him walking down the hallway and I was right by the railings and stood up and screamed and pointed and was like "LOOK it's PAT SAJAK!!!!"
You woulda thought I just saw Elvis :-) I'm SUCH a huge Wheel fan and always have been :-)

About 3 years ago I JUST missed seeing Neal patrick Harris- my sister saw him and called me and by the time i got htere he was gone. We were staying at AKL and he was waiting to get into either Jiko or Boma and he was with a man and my sister said that they looked like a couple but this was b4 he was "out". I remember when he finally came out we were like "duh, we coulda told u that."
He was very nice to my sister though adn let her take a pic and stuff :-)

We saw Marie Osmond and her family at the gift shop of Rockin Roller Coaster.
Also saw the basketball player Patrick Ewing at Columbia Harbor House, he had a VIP guide with him that was keeping people from asking for autographs.
Both of those were in the same trip in 2001.

OMG Celine Dion!!

While I was working there: Paris Hilton, Geri Halliwell (Spice Girls), Michael Phelps, Mariah Carey...biggest diva on the planet! She was staying at Yacht and Beach.

Whilst on vacation: Jonathon Ross at Animal Kingdom and the airport!, Davina Mccall at Sea World, Donny Osmond on Tower of Terror, David Seamon, someone from the band Bused, Richard and Judy (for the brits - at Grand Floridian), Helen Baxendale (Claire from Friends by the pool at GF)

OMG Celine Dion!!

While I was working there: Paris Hilton, Geri Halliwell (Spice Girls), Michael Phelps, Mariah Carey...biggest diva on the planet! She was staying at Yacht and Beach.

Whilst on vacation: Jonathon Ross at Animal Kingdom and the airport!, Davina Mccall at Sea World, Donny Osmond on Tower of Terror, David Seamon, someone from the band Bused, Richard and Judy (for the brits - at Grand Floridian), Helen Baxendale (Claire from Friends by the pool at GF)

Who was Claire in Friends? I have the entire series on DVD and I don't remember that character?

Thanks everybody for joining in on the on the fun...I have enjoyed reading your replys...:grouphug:

Over the last couple years I've seen Kelly Ripa, Marilyn Manson, Tommy Hilfiger, Jermaine Dupris, Mandy Moore, Shaq, and Joey Fatone. It's harder to recognize the celebrities when they aren't all made up.

Marilyn Manson?? Really?? He just.. doesn't... seem like the um... WDW type... :confused3

My gosh, this must have been 20+ years ago...I was with my family at Pleasure Island, walking around when Patricia (or Rosanna?) Arquette and Peter Gabriel walked, hand in hand, right past me. This was around the time when whisperings were going around in the media that they were an item...I believe one, if not both of them, was married at the time. :eek:

also passed Regis going into MK - we had to take a detour since Main Street was roped off for the Christmas parade. He was headed to the parade, which we were skipping, and he stopped to talk to us and esp my sister. My sister is down syndrome and in a wheel chair so I thought that was nice that he sought her out to shake her hand and say "hi". She, on the other hand, just looked at this strange man like " and who in the world are YOU?!" It was funny but sweet.

This is a funny thread, because last week at mk, my wife had had her fill of tourists, and when some guy shoved by her, i heard her holler watch out jerk! when i turned to see who she was mixing it up with, i totally recognized the guy. he kept walking but i know he was an actor. i have no idea how, but i knew this guy! Im like, didnt you recognize that guy? well, she didnt, but i know..lol

In April I was with my friend’s 6 year old daughter, who just had a spiffy makeover at the BBB. We lunched at Norway and the decided to look in the big shop in the Japan area. While looking at some random stuff this lady standing by us commented on how beautiful my friend’s daughter looked. I looked up at the women and instantly thought “yikes!”:scared1: she was wearing this ugly minidress and her eye makeup was way over dark and over done. I then walked over to my friend and pointed out the lady to my friend and we both agreed she looked ugly and only wished she looked as beautiful as the 6 year old. Well a few minutes later we went into the area where they sell all the different kinds of snacks and stuff and I noticed a group of teenage girls giggling and snapping pics with their cellphones. I turned to see what/who they were looking at and it was the lady with the bad dress/eye make up! I asked them who she was and the said Katy Perry (the singer)! I couldn’t believe it I started laughing and went over to tell my friend. If I had only recognized her earlier I would have had asked for a picture, oh well!

Was on Test Track once... in the pre ride film room. When the film was over the doors were supposed to open. Well they didnt... for like 10 mins...

Then the door opens... and who is getting off the ride (with his entourage)?

Michael Jackson

I aslo had a second run in with Michael Jackson at a Broadway show. He sat right in front of me (he was in disguise)

figure this one is worth a repost considering the recent news...

I've been to WDW over 35 times since 1988 and I have never seen a celebrity. Well, except for Mickey Mouse!! :rotfl:

June 4, 2009 I saw Gwen Stefani, members of No Doubt and her kids. They were doing a meet and greet with photos with Goofy at MK. Then on our way out we saw them having dinner at Tony's. I have pics of the meet and greet but don't know how to post them here.

On our most recent trip in February, My family saw Tom Cruise at Magic Kingdom with his family. They were in the grass area right in front of Cinderella's Castle with Cinderella. I have always been a fan of his movies so It was great to see him at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter