Changes to hotel express

phamton

The Other Orlando Themepark
In a few days the hotel express will be a seperate pass with your picture on it. The pass with your picture will be processed at the hotels with a few kiosks at the parks for those who lost or forgot thiers. The express will remain the same but the look will be different. You will not be able to share your express pass unless you have an identical twin. ;)

Well, well, well. Wonder if there was a lot of cheating going on? I'm happy with anything that keeps express for those who actually paid for it.

I think it is great, rather that then doing away with it or going to a different system.

Now, I can just see a bunch of stressed out tourist pictures because you know check in will be lots of fun until all the bugs are worked out :)

Is the hotel express going to be a plastic card or the strong paper like the park tickets?

This is a great idea. Like others said, at least it will keep it honest and for people that paid.

i support this new policy fully.

i'm glad it is happening.

thanx phamton for the heads up!

Is the hotel express going to be a plastic card or the strong paper like the park tickets?

This is a great idea. Like others said, at least it will keep it honest and for people that paid.

I believe they will be plastic but I haven't seen one yet since they start making them on Monday. They have been putting in the kiosks this week.

Sounds good to me! We scrimp and save to get the bonus for staying onsite and I hate it when other people try and cheat their system. I'm all for it!

I believe they will be plastic but I haven't seen one yet since they start making them on Monday. They have been putting in the kiosks this week.
Hmmmm...I wonder if that could mean the return of plastic APs with your picture on it? I still have mine from 2005 and my Frequent Fear Pass from HHN in 2004...that was plastic too. ;)

Picture, ugh.

If there was cheating, how on earth did they figure it out?

There has been talk on these boards about giving passes to others when you leave. So reading internet boards could give them some idea.

TMs just observing ages and names could also have lead to a lot of suspicious use.

Also, there could be people "losing" their cards quite frequently.

I think this is a good move too :thumbsup2

I don`t take a good picture though :sad2:

Terrific idea! :thumbsup2 I'll be there in a week during a busy time we'll see how quickly check-in goes.

I like this idea too. One, if not the main, reason we stay onsite is for Express pass. I'm glad it will keep those queue's honest :thumbsup2

I like the idea! We will be there March 29 - April 5. Wonder if it wiil be up & running?

Hmmm. I don't mind at all. I just hope I'm not getting my picture taken at check in. We'll have been travelling all night and it will be one in the morning. It won't be pretty:rotfl:

They are self service kiosks so you can get your picture done when you want to. Think of it as similar to those photo do-it-yourself booths.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter