Cheating on Mickey with Harry Part 1

(On a side note...my son surprised me with a day trip to NYC to see the Harry Potter exhibit. I can't wait!)

:thumbsup2 My husband and I were just looking at the exhibit in NY online yesterday morning! It looks awesome. Please post back and tell us how it was! :goodvibes

Oh and you definitely missed 2 of the best rides in all the parks, Jurassic Park boat ride and the Mummy. Both are doable IMO (for those that are scared or apprehensive about thrill rides.) I've been with people that hate roller coasters and drops, but all were able to, and ended up loving both of these rides. Give you something to conquer on your next visit. I don't think you'll be disapppointed at all. They are definitely 2 of my favorites at the parks. Only second to Spiderman and FJ.

I really enjoyed your trip report!
My family was planning a split trip between WDW and Universal. I finally got too stressed over the WDW portion of the planning and totally scrubbed it! If we go to WDW it will probably be DHS or MK for one day and that's it!

Have fun on your Aug trip!!:yay:

Oh and you definitely missed 2 of the best rides in all the parks, Jurassic Park boat ride and the Mummy. Both are doable IMO (for those that are scared or apprehensive about thrill rides.) I've been with people that hate roller coasters and drops, but all were able to, and ended up loving both of these rides. Give you something to conquer on your next visit. I don't think you'll be disapppointed at all. They are definitely 2 of my favorites at the parks. Only second to Spiderman and FJ.

I'm such a big ride baby ... :sad1: I think in August I'll definitely try for The Mummy. From what I've been able to see in some of the YouTube videos, the rides looks like a lot of fun. And if the drop is only 30 or 40 feet (People keep giving me different numbers), I'll be able to handle it. Splash Mountain is 50/52 feet, right?

Jurassic Park, though ... I just don't know. Why does it have to be an 80 foot drop? ;)

I'd love to be able to conquer both of these in August. Possibly Dudley Do-Right, too. I've been reading that IOA is where you want to be if you're looking to be drenched. I'll probably want this in August! :)

I'm such a big ride baby ... :sad1: I think in August I'll definitely try for The Mummy. From what I've been able to see in some of the YouTube videos, the rides looks like a lot of fun. And if the drop is only 30 or 40 feet (People keep giving me different numbers), I'll be able to handle it. Splash Mountain is 50/52 feet, right?
ROTM is really a lot of fun...nothing to worry about. Make sure you enjoy the queue...it's really cool.

Here's the technical information about ROTM:

http://www.rcdb.com/2232.htm

Loved your TR!! Thanks so much for all the great details! My family is cheating on Mickey with Harry for the first time this summer. Granted, we are only doing two days at Universal then we are off to our beloved Mickey (and DONALD of course) for a week. As a massive Potter nerd I am beyond excited for our trip! We are even staying at the massively overpriced Portofino Bay Resort for two nights just so we can get into PotterLand early and have front of the line privileges! (although I understand that FOTL doesn't work for FJ.:headache:) OH well...we are just thrilled to be able to be there, to try Butterbeer and see Honeydukes and the Hogwarts express!! Your TR was a fun read! We will be there August 7 and 8th!:thumbsup2

I have just read this entire thread & loved all of it! Our family has also recently "discovered" Harry Potter (both books & movies) and I'm trying to figure out the best way to work in a day or 2 at WWOHP during next June's trip. Thanks for such a great TR!!

Oh my goodness loved the intro!

I just started reading HP last August. Could not put it down and watched all the books and movies in 3 months.

Could not put it down and watched all the books and movies in 3 months.
1.gif

:rotfl:

Thanks for a fantastic TR! We are coming for our visit ever trip - visiting both the light and the dark sides ;) - in September/October. Now I am even more excited!!!! Oh, is still feels so far away :sad2:

Thanks for a fantastic TR! We are coming for our visit ever trip - visiting both the light and the dark sides ;) - in September/October. Now I am even more excited!!!! Oh, is still feels so far away :sad2:

How exciting!! :banana: Trust me, it will be here before you know it!

I just sat and read your whole trip report in one sitting. I really enjoyed it and thanks for sharing. We haven't been to Universal in about 7 years, but are heading back this December to get our first taste of WWOHP. We have been Potter nerds from the beginning and are glad you converted. I think it is ok to love both Harry and Mickey as it seems they are really to totally different experiences.

Have a great trip in August!

Thanks for the wonderful trip report. My family and I will be making our first visit to WWOHP this coming January. Can't wait!:cool1:

Wicked awesome TR, fellow New Englander and Dunkin Donuts lover!!! You're writing style is captivating and witty!

Sorry I didn't make it here earlier, but that way I didn't experience the delays that others new to the ride endured. :)

So I have lots to comment about:

I love your family's progression to Potterheads! I'm the biggest fan in the family, my husband is a major muggle and the kids are somewhere in the middle of the spectrum.

You're description of WWoHP as breathtaking was just perfect. I had the same thought and feeling. Literally held my breath!

I was going to ask you if you went to the HP exhibit at the Museum of Science, but then remembered you are a recent convert.

I didn't see if anyone suggested the name of the Italian place. Was it Pastamore?

Loved your comment about a Stephen King theme park area. Definitely be the "It" place to be! I swear that I had that exact thought last week when we were at Universal. I am a huge fan of Stephen King and have read most of his works. Even met him once.

Your review of the rides at Universal was spot-on. Ditto on E.T. and Terminator.

You're TR name was close to my original title for my TR- "Slipping Disney a Mickey, we're hanging out with Harry and Shamu" but we ended up relenting and spent a day with the Mouse.

Thanks again for your great report.

Great report, loved reading. I'm feeling guilty for up coming trip, cheating on mickey as well. But I'm sure he will get over it :rotfl2:

Awesome trip report! :thumbsup2 I just read the whole thing start to finish. One of the reasons I love it so much is because we are cheating on Mickey for the first time in October. We go to Orlando every year, and every year we do Disney and only Disney. We decided this trip is about all the other parks that we never go to. We bought an Orlando Flex Ticket and will be enjoying US, IOA, Sea World, Aquatica and Wet n' Wild. We can't WAIT to see WWOHP!!!! :wizard: We are really excited about this trip and it was nice to read in your TR about how much fun you had, even though you normally go to Disney, like we do. We are taking a few days to do Disney, but the majority of this trip will be spent at the other theme parks. Thanks for reinforcing for me that we'll have an awesome time!! :banana:

Bumping up your first report- I re-read your first visit to get set for your new report.

Oh, I hope you tried The Mummy!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter