Cheeseburger Pods at Satu'li??

Sparrow'sLady

Mouseketeer
Do The Cheeseburger Pods at Satu'li taste like ethnic food or are they more American in a steamed pod? I keep seeing FB reels about these and people are raving. Most of the menu appears to be ethnic flavors. We do not care for Indian , most Middle Eastern and even some Asian flavors. It is just not our thing. Not a fan of things like chutney, curry, chimichurri, kimchi, hummus, to name a few. I do not even like Rosemary. I am Italian and could not stand it when they put too much of it in the bread or on the chicken. The cheeseburger pods look like a tasty snack, but nobody can afford to waste money in this economy. ;)

Think McDonald's cheeseburger in a bao bun. Nothing exotic about then at all.

Steve

That is exactly what they taste like, though I do find that they are a bit fresher/hotter than typcial McDonalds fare. I actually really like them but, yeah, tehy are not exoctic/ethnic or anything. They are one of my go-to's though for a good lunch, and the veggie chips they are served with are great too.

It’s my daughter’s favorite and it is totally American and like stared a better tasting McDonald’s cheeseburger.

They taste like a McDonalds cheeseburger in a pod, there are no seasonings other than ketchup.

Side note - what exactly do you guys eat on a regular basis? Your list of things "we don't eat" contains a huge variety of flavors....like, all of them.

I didn’t care for them because of the steamed bao bun. Seemed too doughy to me. And I don’t remember much flavor, so I guess it was like a McDonald’s burger!
I thought the same - the dough to meat ratio was way much for me. I really wanted to like it but it was too dough overpowering the meat for me.

OP, if your not sure and just want to try them, get the kids meal and save a few bucks, at least.

I just had one! I got a side of the creamy herb dressing and put half a packet of mustard in. Much improved, and considering bringing some dried dill for the trifecta.

I love ethnic food and it definitely didn’t taste ethnic to me. It didn’t have much flavor in my opinion and was dry and had lots of small white hard pieces in with the meat. I am assuming it was cow bones. I am assuming not everyone gets those pieces in their pods since I only read a couple posts complaining about it.

I don't think anything at Satu'li tastes "ethnic" really. I have a very broad palate but my mom is a typical Midwestern hot dog and spaghetti gal and nothing at Satu'li offends her. I don't think they even use much for seasoning, the only predominant flavor I get is salt (and not overly so). If you've had chicken or steak from Chipotle, I think Satu'li is far less seasoned than that. (The descriptions make everything sound fancy but it's really quite basic.)

The kid's hot dog wrapped in pastry is as close to pigs in a blanket as you can get, if you're looking for another good plain option. I think people like Satu'li (myself included) because it tastes fresh and has recognizable ingredients, which isn't always an option in theme park food. Not because it's particularly adventurous or innovative!

The McDonald's taste is surprisingly accurate, like they're using all the same suppliers. They're pretty good.

Everything at Satui is really just your common bowl served at many fast food places. Not saying they are bad as they are a welcomed change for many. Personally we will eat at Flame Tree 80% of the time with Satui filling in the rest. Both are good. If your goal is a Burger then you will likely do better at Restaurantosaurus only because it has AC as well otherwise a normal Burger.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter