Christmas at Fort Wilderness Campground 2009

Dave,

You can add me to your list! We'll be there Dec 12 - 18. Probably in Loop 300 as I've reserved a preferred and have dogs.

Hopefully I'll have my new Mickey Lamp Post out!

See you then!

Great ! A new Mickey Lamp Post,,, SWEEEEEEET !!! Look forward to meeting you guys!

Dave

Oh man, I am really bumbed out. Sure gona miss you this year shan-man.:confused3

No, we’re going to be there! I just had to trim the days we couldn't use. I had originally reserved Nov 29-Dec 18, and my wife just can't be gone that long. We are still going to be there Dec 3-15... just to see Tink's FW debut! Are Paul and Linda joining y'all again this year? It'd be fun to do a followup visit with the grandkids, especially since I'll have my suit with me this year!

ShantaClausSm.png

No, we’re going to be there! I just had to trim the days we couldn't use. I had originally reserved Nov 29-Dec 18, and my wife just can't be gone that long. We are still going to be there Dec 3-15... just to see Tink's FW debut! Are Paul and Linda joining y'all again this year? It'd be fun to do a followup visit with the grandkids, especially since I'll have my suit with me this year!

ShantaClausSm.png

Oh Man, now the pressure is really on me !! Glad you're going to be there, Shan-man. Look forward to seeing you again. :woohoo:

Dave

ShantaClausSm.png

Hey Shan-man, you still out there? You must be getting excited. You will be at FW in a couple of weeks!!! Lucky you.

Dave

I think the word is panicked! We are trying to leave Friday so we can spend a few days in Atlanta (Kennesaw really) with the boy and granddaughter, and another day in Ocala (Summerfield really) with my parents before the Fort. We've never loaded for a 3.5 week trip before, much less done it at Christmas with all the décor! It's going to be an interesting few days around here!

Is anybody going to Disapalooza? I just got my credentials Saturday and am stoked! I asked if I could come in my full Santa regalia, but they said they are not allowed to provide their own entertainment, so I will be in my everydays, which are still pretty Santa-esque... so just look for the jolly fat man in red!

ShantaClausSm.png

I think the word is panicked! We are trying to leave Friday so we can spend a few days in Atlanta (Kennesaw really) with the boy and granddaughter, and another day in Ocala (Summerfield really) with my parents before the Fort. We've never loaded for a 3.5 week trip before, much less done it at Christmas with all the décor! It's going to be an interesting few days around here!

Is anybody going to Disapalooza? I just got my credentials Saturday and am stoked! I asked if I could come in my full Santa regalia, but they said they are not allowed to provide their own entertainment, so I will be in my everydays, which are still pretty Santa-esque... so just look for the jolly fat man in red!

ShantaClausSm.png

Getting so excited to meet you. You are almost ready to head out. How fabulous. We'll see you there, and safe travels.

I don't know what Disapalooza is? Can you clue me in?

Thanks and have a Happy Thanksgiving.

we will be there from dec. 19 till the 2nd of jan. This is our tenth year at the fort and every year we love it more and more.

Getting so excited to meet you. You are almost ready to head out. How fabulous. We'll see you there, and safe travels.

I don't know what Disapalooza is? Can you clue me in?

Thanks and have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Unfortunately, telling you at this point is just cruel, since the window for booking has long closed. But, the DIS (hosts of this board) are having a private party at DHS on the 12th, and attendees will be able to ride Toy Story Mania non-stop for hours and enjoy midway-type foods and hang with other DISers. Should be a great party! Sorry you can't make it, but maybe they will do it again next year... this is the second year they've done it.

ShantaClausSm.png

Unfortunately, telling you at this point is just cruel, since the window for booking has long closed. But, the DIS (hosts of this board) are having a private party at DHS on the 12th, and attendees will be able to ride Toy Story Mania non-stop for hours and enjoy midway-type foods and hang with other DISers. Should be a great party! Sorry you can't make it, but maybe they will do it again next year... this is the second year they've done it.

ShantaClausSm.png

Oh well, now that I know I'll have to watch more closely next year. We'll be there the same time. This year on the 12th my company is hosting our office Christmas Party :dance3:in WDW just for me! They're flying down just for the weekend so I wouldn't have been available on the 12th this year.

I'm sure you will have lots of fun.

This year on the 12th my company is hosting our office Christmas Party :dance3:in WDW just for me! They're flying down just for the weekend so I wouldn't have been available on the 12th this year.

Really? That is interesting. Are they flying all the other employees down for the party too? What area are they hosting the party in? Maybe I'm working for the wrong company here!

Hope you have a wonderful time!

Really? That is interesting. Are they flying all the other employees down for the party too? What area are they hosting the party in? Maybe I'm working for the wrong company here!

Hope you have a wonderful time!

We are a small office. Two other people work with me, and they are flying down with their wives and children...so 9 of us total. Since we vacation in WDW at the Fort it's very hard for them to find a time for our usual Christmas dinner together. So I told them to come on down and we could go to dinner in WDW :cool1: Since it's our 10th Anniversary, the CFO said, let's do it! They fly down Friday afternoon and home Sunday afternoon. Got them really good deal at Coronado and they are even going to Mickey's Chritmas party Friday night after they arrive from Magical Express. Not a minute is wasted. It will be fun since they have never been with all the Christmas decorations and the dancing lights at the Studios. They're actually paying for it themselves, except for the Saturday night dinner we are having at Schula's Steakhouse at the Dolphin. Originally had it in the Castle, but we really want to have wine and really, really good food. It's going to be a blast!

Yes, I work for a very nice company who puts up with my Disney obsession :yay:

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Yes, I work for a very nice company who puts up with my Disney obsession :yay:

It's nice when employees/employers put up with our obsessions. I've gotten to where I don't talk about my upcoming trip - because they just don't get it!

I know you'll enjoy sharing all the Christmas magic with your co-workers!

Have fun!:cool1:

We will be there from the 19th- 2nd! We are in the planning stages, and have everything already to the side, waiting to get loaded! Can't wait to see y'all there:cool1::santa::cloud9::yay:

We will be there from the 19th- 2nd! We are in the planning stages, and have everything already to the side, waiting to get loaded! Can't wait to see y'all there:cool1::santa::cloud9::yay:

WOW, only 14 days till our Fort Wilderness Christmas Vacation! I am totally STOKED !!!!! Look forward to meeting you everybody. :woohoo:

Dave

My family and I will be staying in the cabins at the Fort from Dec 27 thru Jan 2nd. After finding this thread, I'm even more excited to see everyone's decorations. I was wondering if people decorate the cabins too?
Kellea

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter