CLOSED COMPLETE Disney Sketch Swap

I think I'll wait. There's only one single-page group left and that's what I'm used to scrapping. I don't do two-page layouts in my own books very often and I'm just afraid I wouldn't be happy with the results (I tend to over-obsess about pages). Doesn't seem very economical to send just one group. Thanks for the offer, though. Maybe I'll be able to join in the next page swap. I'll be watching all of your work, and wishing I had joined. ;)

Are you sure? I have not started any of mine. I would be more than happy to give you my spot in a sketch group you like.

Only if you are really, really sure you don't mind my hijacking one of your groups. This is your swap, after all.

:flower3: Of course I don't mind. I don't offer if I'm not willing to deliver. :thumbsup2

Just pick. :)

OK, you've twisted my arm. Now I just hope that I'm able to deliver worthy pages. (I will be taking you up on the open and honest criticism.) Could I do the open group A2 - layout A3 with Magic Kingdom; and group B1 - layout B3 with EPCOT?
Thanks to you all. Now, I can use any paper but need to follow the layout pattern. Is that all there is to it? I will, of course, follow all the swap rules :).
Anything else I need to know?

Yes, you can have those groups. I'll go fix the OP in a minute.

The only things to remember are to use quality paper, check you already do that.
Use the sketch as a guideline.
You can use pattern or solids interchangeably with these. The sketch uses them to differentiate between the layers. You can use what you like. :thumbsup2

DIT-will go put you in too. :)

Does "use quality paper, check you already do that" mean I'm OK with the paper I've been using in previous swaps, or that I should check because I haven't. Sorry, I'ts been a long day.

:banana: My first page swap :banana:

AWM - I got a bit of inspiration from sketch 3...I'd like to do it in Mickey theme if you are interested. I know you gave up a spot, so thought I'd see...and DIT said she'd take more...and maybe someone else wants something. Anyway, if you want...I would like to do it and REALLY make it my last. If not, I will be using the sketch and making the page for my book anyway!! LOL

I actually started cutting for these pages tonight at DS's baseball practice!

And, glad to see PN96 joining in! Hope you are enjoying the world!

Does "use quality paper, check you already do that" mean I'm OK with the paper I've been using in previous swaps, or that I should check because I haven't. Sorry, I'ts been a long day.

:banana: My first page swap :banana:

:rotfl2:

It means I haven't seen you use not nice paper. Your choices have been good.

I actually don't see that very often, the not as nice paper. And I think it has been a more of a learning curve when I did see it. I am guilty of not knowing any better when I first started. :wave: I haven't been able to throw it away, but I don't use it. :rotfl:

Welcome to your first complete page swap!! :cheer2:

AWM - I got a bit of inspiration from sketch 3...I'd like to do it in Mickey theme if you are interested. I know you gave up a spot, so thought I'd see...and DIT said she'd take more...and maybe someone else wants something. Anyway, if you want...I would like to do it and REALLY make it my last. If not, I will be using the sketch and making the page for my book anyway!! LOL

I actually started cutting for these pages tonight at DS's baseball practice!

And, glad to see PN96 joining in! Hope you are enjoying the world!

Of course it is okay. I am keeping this open until Sunday.

Who can't always use another Mickey page? :confused3 He is top mouse for a reason. :thumbsup2 Other than safari photos, most of mine have him in there somewhere. :rotfl2:

AWM, I wish we lived just a little bit closer. I think you and I would make quite the pair! We probably wouldn't be allowed in public together. :lmao:

Nope, being in public together would be a fineable offense for sure. :rotfl2:

I really do wish air travel didn't cost so much. It would be so awesome to get together and just hang out.

Of course it is okay. I am keeping this open until Sunday.

Who can't always use another Mickey page? :confused3 He is top mouse for a reason. :thumbsup2 Other than safari photos, most of mine have him in there somewhere. :rotfl2:

LOL Ok!!! I am excited about that more than any other now!!! It's kind of funny because at first that was the only sketch I didn't have any inspiration for!!

Another question....when there is an addition for "date" do we have to fill it in, or can we leave it blank? Or, should we ask the others in the group so we can try to do something that works for everyone? I don't want to put a certain year on and the recipients not be able to use it. :confused3

Now, I have to start packing up my swap supplies for the weekend at the in-laws!! We leave after DS's baseball game Saturday. They live by the beach...which is great during the day. But, at night, I need busy work!!! :thumbsup2

You know what, I think we should just ignore that. I started out thinking we could ask each other and put them in and then I realized what a nightmare that could be when I start to swap out. I would be sick to my stomach for a fortnight if I sent someone the wrong date.

And there is more than one sketch with it.

So ignore the date. Just be sure to use a pattern or solid that is easy to write on with either a sharpie type pen or gel/glaze pen. I'll go put that in the instructions. Thanks. :flower3:

You know what, I think we should just ignore that. I started out thinking we could ask each other and put them in and then I realized what a nightmare that could be when I start to swap out. I would be sick to my stomach for a fortnight if I sent someone the wrong date.

And there is more than one sketch with it.

So ignore the date. Just be sure to use a pattern or solid that is easy to write on with either a sharpie type pen or gel/glaze pen. I'll go put that in the instructions. Thanks. :flower3:

Gotcha!!!! It would be quite a bit of extra work for you in the end!! (Unless everyone was there in the same year??)

Well, if you ever decide you need a road trip you can come here. I work for a judge and with all the local police departments. I'll just put them on alert for the time you're visiting. :rotfl:

I'll take a spot in Sketch 3 and I'll do Minnie Mouse.

For my spot in 5B (I think that's what it is???) - the 2 page layout, can I do a general Disney theme even though 123SA is doing Disney World? Or, would you prefer I pick something else?

I'll take a spot in Sketch 3 and I'll do Minnie Mouse.

For my spot in 5B (I think that's what it is???) - the 2 page layout, can I do a general Disney theme even though 123SA is doing Disney World? Or, would you prefer I pick something else?

I'm guessing that Susan had more of all the parks feeling for her layout. But even if she didn't, yes, two general Disney themes would be fine. What are the chances that you both would use the same paper and embellishments? I'm guessing pretty slim.

I need to go fix the OP. It didn't take the first time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter