Closing Time!

Things are moving right along over here... hopefully Disney will make my DVC account quickly 🤞

Home Resort: BRV
Broker: https://www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 1/31/2023
Offer accepted: 1/31/2023
Sent to ROFR: 2/1/2023
Passed ROFR: 2/20/2023
Closing docs received: 3/1/2023
Closing docs returned: 3/1/2023 (buyer), 3/2/2023 (seller - this is my guess based on date on deed)
Funds wired: 3/1/2023
Closing: 3/6/2023
Deed recorded: 3/7/2023
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

I am looking at how quickly the title company gets the documents to the buyer. That is in their control.
It is but the seller's timeline to get documents back will be a bigger piece of it all. The longest I waited for documents to be returned by a seller was when I was with Mason and Cammy.

The other companies I used took longer to get the documents, but sellers had time to arrange schedules and the notary schedules aspect and so were returned within a few days of the document.

The emails both came from DISNEY VACATION CLUB -

--- First Subject Line: Your Disney Vacation Club Member One-Time Activation Code
--- (second arrived two hours later)
--- Second Subject Line: Welcome Home to Disney Vacation Club

First email had the "activation code", Second email had membership "Club ID #)

The emails include your directions, but basically, you will sign onto www.disneyvacationclub.com and when you go to log in, follow the prompts to sign in and set up new membership. It will likely show you have zero points at startup - in a few days it will show your points and you can Book your reservations!. You can call Membership Services (I'd wait at least 24 hours) to see if they can add them "faster" (they will go check, which takes about 10 minutes while they check with another department, I think). Mine were available about 48 hours after my emails arrived. Hope that helps :) Congratulations!
How many days after your deed was recorded did you get the membership emails?

Things are moving right along over here... hopefully Disney will make my DVC account quickly 🤞

Home Resort: BRV
Broker: https://www.dvcresalemarket.com
Offer made: 1/31/2023
Offer accepted: 1/31/2023
Sent to ROFR: 2/1/2023
Passed ROFR: 2/20/2023
Closing docs received: 3/1/2023
Closing docs returned: 3/1/2023 (buyer), 3/2/2023 (seller - this is my guess based on date on deed)
Funds wired: 3/1/2023
Closing: 3/6/2023
Deed recorded: 3/7/2023
Points in account:

Days Total:
i learned from this board last year to call Disney Membership Services as soon as they send you the email. Waiting on hold for 30-60 minutes is worth saving a week waiting for them to put the points in your account!!

Home Resort: AKL
Broker: ******************
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 01/21/2023
Offer accepted: 01/23/2023
Sent to ROFR: 01/24/2023
Passed ROFR: 02/14/2023
Closing docs received: 02/17/2023
Closing docs returned: 02/21/2023
Closing: 02/24/2023
Deed recorded: 02/27/2023
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 03/06/2023
Points in account: 03/07/2023 (called to add points)

Days Total: 45

We used DVC resale market. And they've been great, but this wait is killing me! She actually just sent this:

Yes, Disney has waived 567 contracts in the last 4 weeks so the title company is really pushing to get the closing docs out. Feast or famine right?

Nuts!!
ok ended up getting our closing documents yesterday. I got them notarized and ups out today. we did go through Mason title. Have you had any luck getting yours yet? We did pass ROFR 3/2.

ok ended up getting our closing documents yesterday. I got them notarized and ups out today. we did go through Mason title. Have you had any luck getting yours yet? We did pass ROFR 3/2.
Congrats to you!!! Still nothing and we passed a week before you. They told us by the end of NEXT WEEK. I even asked for the closing amount so we could get a cashier's check ready but they wouldn't even tell us that much. So frustrating.

Congrats to you!!! Still nothing and we passed a week before you. They told us by the end of NEXT WEEK. I even asked for the closing amount so we could get a cashier's check ready but they wouldn't even tell us that much. So frustrating.
You know i get being busy of course they are being slammed. But if another company that is being used a lot also is getting them out within days then they should be near that time frame too. It is called all hands-on deck. Cammy at Mason reached out to me and she was even off on Friday and still got it over this week. It would be helpful if they can give you the total so you can get the cashiers check for sure, I took a loan so i needed to get everything notarized so i had to get that done at the bank.

It is but the seller's timeline to get documents back will be a bigger piece of it all. The longest I waited for documents to be returned by a seller was when I was with Mason and Cammy.

The other companies I used took longer to get the documents, but sellers had time to arrange schedules and the notary schedules aspect and so were returned within a few days of the document.
Oh the Irony - I was so looking forward to a quicker process since I'm with Mason/Cammy this time around.
Cammy has been OOO for days and her assistant doesn't provide much info.
I did just find out, however, that the sellers still have not completed their documents! :badpc:
So the delay is not Cammy's fault.

You know i get being busy of course they are being slammed. But if another company that is being used a lot also is getting them out within days then they should be near that time frame too. It is called all hands-on deck. Cammy at Mason reached out to me and she was even off on Friday and still got it over this week. It would be helpful if they can give you the total so you can get the cashiers check for sure, I took a loan so i needed to get everything notarized so i had to get that done at the bank.
Agreed but unfortunately my hands are tied. I already bugged her on Monday so I'll wait until next week to bother her again!

Sympathizing with you. ROFR on 2 23 and nothing yet. I get that they are giving us the worst case scenario with timing so they don't get any of those, but you said it would be sooner emails. I wish I could get a realistic estimate though.

Sympathizing with you. ROFR on 2 23 and nothing yet. I get that they are giving us the worst case scenario with timing so they don't get any of those, but you said it would be sooner emails. I wish I could get a realistic estimate though.
when i emailed earlier this week, she said by end of next week. so they are still going with that 3 week timeline. i hope the closing process is nice and quick for both of us!

I went through cammy at Mason title. She got mine and sellers documents on the 27th and I closed this afternoon. So now waiting on Disney.

Offer went smooth, all was done in same day, ROFR only took ten days and now the closing...

Home Resort: Boardwalk Villa
Broker:DVC Resale Market
Offer made: 2/24/23
Offer accepted: 2/24/23
Sent to ROFR: 2/25/23
Accepted through Disney: ROFR 3/7/23
Estoppel submitted : 3/7/23
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

Home Resort: AUL
Broker: ******************
Title Company: First American Title
Offer made: 2/3/23
Offer accepted: 2/4/23
Sent to ROFR: 2/6/23
Passed ROFR: 2/21/23
Closing docs received: 3/6/23
Closing docs returned: 3/13/23
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Days Total:

Last edited:
Mine is in Cammy’s hands as of Tuesday….need those points in my account for a 1 BR next February!!!

Home Resort: AKV
Broker: https://www.fidelityrealestate.com
Title Company: First American Title Insurance
Offer made: 2/10
Offer accepted: 2/15
Sent to ROFR: 2/23
Passed ROFR: 3/7
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

I went through cammy at Mason title. She got mine and sellers documents on the 27th and I closed this afternoon. So now waiting on Disney.

Mine is in Cammy’s hands as of Tuesday….need those points in my account for a 1 BR next February!!!

I hope Cammy has some Pixie Dust left in her drawer - - first time with Mason, and we are still waiting on Sellers to sign closing docs.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter