Estoppel Issued: 2/24
Closing docs received: 3/11 (15 days)
Buyer Closing docs returned:
Seller Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded: 4/14
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:
Can I ask how you know the deed record date will be 4/14?
Only asking because I also just got my closing docs… I sent them back last night.

Home Resort: SSR
Broker: https://www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 2/13/2023
Offer accepted: 2/13/2023
Sent to ROFR: 2/14/2023
Passed ROFR: 2/24/2023
Closing docs received: 3/10/2023
Closing docs returned: 3/10/2023 (Buyer), 3/20/23 (Seller)
Funds wired: 3/13/2023
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Last edited:
Update !

Home Resort: Vero Beach
Broker: www.dvcresaleexperts.com
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 1/5/23
Offer accepted: 1/6/23
Sent to ROFR: 1/8/23
Passed ROFR: 1/25 ( 17 days)
Closing docs received: 1/30/23
Buyer Closing docs returned: 2/23/23
Funds wired: 2/24/2023
Closing: 2/27/23
Contract Showing on Membership ( New member): 3/6/23
Points in account: 3/7/23

I've not yet been on the Seller side, but as a buyer - I've always turned my documents around within 1 Business Day.
I think if I were to sell, I would be turning them around even faster ! ?? :earboy2:
The seller's have a little more to do, including having to get a notary for their signatures. So that means finding a time when all sellers on the contract can go in person to a notary. If people work long hours or have work, kids, other responsibilities it can take a bit to squeeze in a time during business hours to get to one.

I've noticed that some people receive and return their closing docs the same day while others have a gap of days or weeks. Is there a reason for this or is it just a personal thing?

I've noticed that some people receive and return their closing docs the same day while others have a gap of days or weeks. Is there a reason for this or is it just a personal thing?
I return mine the same day whenever possible (unless, say, I don't receive them until late in the day). I'm far enough up the corporate totem pole that I can do as I please time-wise during the week, so that needs full disclosure. However, just about every UPS store offers notary services anymore, so it's hard to find a reason not to find some time. Most are also open on Saturdays and Sundays, but you do need to call ahead to make sure the notary is there.

Side note: most states allow (but verify on your own) the notary to serve as one of the witnesses, and you can usually use another UPS store employee as your other witness (and they don't charge extra for witness signatures, unlike some notaries)

I return mine the same day whenever possible (unless, say, I don't receive them until late in the day). I'm far enough up the corporate totem pole that I can do as I please time-wise during the week, so that needs full disclosure. However, just about every UPS store offers notary services anymore, so it's hard to find a reason not to find some time. Most are also open on Saturdays and Sundays, but you do need to call ahead to make sure the notary is there.

Side note: most states allow (but verify on your own) the notary to serve as one of the witnesses, and you can usually use another UPS store employee as your other witness (and they don't charge extra for witness signatures, unlike some notaries)

Oh...so I'm dumb and didn't realize everything wasn't done online. So when we receive closing docs is that via real mail or email? Then we have to take them to a notary and mail them back? Do you have to mail them a special way so they are safe or what?

Oh...so I'm dumb and didn't realize everything wasn't done online. So when we receive closing docs is that via real mail or email? Then we have to take them to a notary and mail them back? Do you have to mail them a special way so they are safe or what?
Mine came yesterday by email.

I will send them back tomorrow.

DVC uses an online notary for their financing, so everything is electronic. Resale title companies typically send the docs via email, and you sign and have notarized any docs requiring notarization and wet signatures. The title company typically provides you with either a UPS or FedEx packing label and you send the docs back in that manner.

The notary piece is for the seller and not the buyer...with the exception of financing, and maybe Aulani???

The notary piece is for the seller and not the buyer...with the exception of financing, and maybe Aulani???

Oh. So since we're the buyer and NOT financing...we can do every single step online? (We're in ROFR right now but I want to make sure I'm prepared.)

Oh. So since we're the buyer and NOT financing...we can do every single step online? (We're in ROFR right now but I want to make sure I'm prepared.)

You should be able to if the title company you use is using docusign and electronic signatures.

Home Resort: CCV
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 2/6/23
Offer accepted: 2/6/23
Sent to ROFR: 2/7/23
Passed ROFR: 2/23/23
Closing docs received: 3/10/23
Closing docs returned: 3/12/23 (buyer)
Funds wired: 3/13/23
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:
Days Total:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter