Club 33 coming to all four WDW parks

Disney doesn't allow the unauthorized 3rd party selling of its tickets.

You say "sell", I say it's a "gift", with the receiver just happening to "gift" me some cash back. :D

I actually wasn't serious about selling the tickets - I don't think any one that has that kind of cash to throw around needs to worry about trying to sell extra tickets for cash!

Someone on another forum posted this breakdown:

Platinum Membership in Club 33
Platinum Membership requires a $25,000 initiation fee and annual dues of $10,000.

Platinum Membership includes:

• 4 Premier Annual Passes (valid at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World)
  • 50 Park Hopper tickets per year for friends and family
  • 5 VIP Tours per year
  • Ability to reserve meals at Club 33
  • Access to 1901 lounge in DCA
  • Access to Club 33 Member Services, which makes all reservations/arrangements: hotel, restaurant, VIP Fantasmic! viewing, VIP seating for World of Color, etc.
  • Automatic upgrade at all three Disneyland Resort hotels & access to Concierge Lounge
  • Free valet parking at Grand Californian
  • 6 Instant Fastpasses per visit
  • Annual renewal gift

I'd have to sell both my kidneys, but I might be able to swing a year of membership!

This isn't that expensive, if you compare it to other country clubs. There are three exclusive country clubs in my city, and they all come with a $100,000 initiation fee. Yes. $100,000. Then you have monthly dues on top of that $100,000. Plus whatever charges you incur dining, tennis lessons etc etc.

Club 33 isn't in our budget, but it's actually decent when you're comparing it to other exclusive clubs, considering you get 4 annual passes, fast passes, 5 VIP tours, etc etc.

This isn't that expensive, if you compare it to other country clubs. There are three exclusive country clubs in my city, and they all come with a $100,000 initiation fee. Yes. $100,000. Then you have monthly dues on top of that $100,000. Plus whatever charges you incur dining, tennis lessons etc etc.

Club 33 isn't in our budget, but it's actually decent when you're comparing it to other exclusive clubs, considering you get 4 annual passes, fast passes, 5 VIP tours, etc etc.

I agree it is a reasonable price if you have that kind of money. I just don't think the average person does, but then again I guess that's the point isn't it? This is meant to be an "exclusive" club.

Not that I'll ever have a chance to be a member anyway:rotfl:... but just for discussion, does anyone else think this kind of ruins/cheapens the exclusive and special feel of Club 33 Disneyland? :scratchin

Japan also has a Club 33, I doubt Disneyland members think about it too much.

I think what would cheapen the exclusive feel is if the WDW version wasn't as nice. I hope WDW will have an actual Club 33 restaurant along with the lounges.

Japan also has a Club 33, I doubt Disneyland members think about it too much.

I think what would cheapen the exclusive feel is if the WDW version wasn't as nice. I hope WDW will have an actual Club 33 restaurant along with the lounges.
Oh I didn't even know Japan had one! That proves your point that DL people don't think about it hahaha.

And Yes I agree it greatly depends on the execution of the venue, it has to be extremely upscale... I think what is bugging me the most is that they are building FOUR at WDW, not just one. It seems like they are money grubbing and cheapening the exclusive brand of Club 33 by expanding the presence by so much. Perhaps they will have different names like 1901 at California Adventure. Maybe I would feel better if three of them are just lounges and then the MK venue the only one actually having a restaurant.

Someone on another forum posted this breakdown:

Platinum Membership in Club 33
Platinum Membership requires a $25,000 initiation fee and annual dues of $10,000.

Platinum Membership includes:

• 4 Premier Annual Passes (valid at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World)
  • 50 Park Hopper tickets per year for friends and family
  • 5 VIP Tours per year
  • Ability to reserve meals at Club 33
  • Access to 1901 lounge in DCA
  • Access to Club 33 Member Services, which makes all reservations/arrangements: hotel, restaurant, VIP Fantasmic! viewing, VIP seating for World of Color, etc.
  • Automatic upgrade at all three Disneyland Resort hotels & access to Concierge Lounge
  • Free valet parking at Grand Californian
  • 6 Instant Fastpasses per visit
  • Annual renewal gift

I'd have to sell both my kidneys, but I might be able to swing a year of membership!

Honestly, when you think about what's included, it doesn't sound like a bad deal at all.

Honestly, when you think about what's included, it doesn't sound like a bad deal at all.

I think those are the prices for Disneyland Club 33 in 2012, I've read the yearly fee is more like $15,000 now.

And Yes I agree it greatly depends on the execution of the venue, it has to be extremely upscale... I think what is bugging me the most is that they are building FOUR at WDW, not just one. It seems like they are money grubbing and cheapening the exclusive brand of Club 33 by expanding the presence by so much. Perhaps they will have different names like 1901 at California Adventure. Maybe I would feel better if three of them are just lounges and then the MK venue the only one actually having a restaurant.

Yeah it does seem worrisome they are opening four locations, because to me that makes it seem like they will be allowing a lot of people to join. Part of the exclusive nature of Club 33 in Disneyland is that even if you can afford it you can't join because the waitlist takes years and possibly decades if the waitlist is even open at all :rotfl2:

On the one hand I might like it if the WDW was less expensive/less exclusive, because then maybe I could afford to join. But on the other hand it wouldn't really be Club 33 anymore at that point, and they should just call it something else. Also to me there isn't anything that exclusive or valuable about lounges. There are many lounges in theme parks sponsored by credit card brands or other companies, or clubs like DVC. It's nice to take a break there, but if they are going to call something like that Club 33 they better offer a lot more IMO.

I think those are the prices for Disneyland Club 33 in 2012, I've read the yearly fee is more like $15,000 now.

Ah, well, that explains it! Still, even $15,000 per year isn't obscene when you consider what's included. Can I afford to drop $15k every year on membership costs? Nope, not without MAJOR lifestyle changes. But I think it's a pretty reasonable deal for people who can afford it.

It looks like WDW's incarnation will be much, much more expensive. Oh well...

Wouldn't it be cool if they put it in Cinderella's castle? Epcot - one of the empty pavilions, obviously. HS - who knows, the whole place is under construction. Maybe put it in the Tower of Terror. AK - thinking it was already planned to be in Pandora. They haven't released maps for it, right?

Wouldn't it be cool if they put it in Cinderella's castle? Epcot - one of the empty pavilions, obviously. HS - who knows, the whole place is under construction. Maybe put it in the Tower of Terror. AK - thinking it was already planned to be in Pandora. They haven't released maps for it, right?

I was thinking the Castle was the perfect place! Avatar would make sense.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about this. No, I'm not their target market. I just enjoy hearing about such things. I've been fortunate enough to get into both Club 33 and 1901 in California and it was fun seeing them. The food at Club 33 (we had breakfast) was good and the service was excellent. We didn't get to sample the service at 1901 but its basically a lounge, not a restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter