Club 33 coming to all four WDW parks

American Adventure

Dino land

Adventureland

DHS is unsure

Isn't here that lounge/private party area inside Tower of Terror? That could work

Where in Dinoland? That seems an odd choice unless it is something with a good view of Rivers of Light, etc

Wouldn't it be cool if they put it in Cinderella's castle? Epcot - one of the empty pavilions, obviously. HS - who knows, the whole place is under construction. Maybe put it in the Tower of Terror. AK - thinking it was already planned to be in Pandora. They haven't released maps for it, right?
I was thinking the Castle was the perfect place! Avatar would make sense.
Not sure I understand. Is there unused space in the castle?

Isn't here that lounge/private party area inside Tower of Terror? That could work

Where in Dinoland? That seems an odd choice unless it is something with a good view of Rivers of Light, etc
The Dino Lounge. Which is currently a special event venue.

Club 33 has always seemed like something created to make rich people who love Disney feel more sophisticated. "No I'm not one of those losers waiting in line to ride Dumbo... I'm in a secret society!"

Club 33 has always seemed like something created to make rich people who love Disney feel more sophisticated. "No I'm not one of those losers waiting in line to ride Dumbo... I'm in a secret society!"

It was actually created by Walt Disney for the 33 original corporate sponsors of Disneyland.

Still waiting for the details, but we are seriously considering joining the WDW one. If it includes the same perks as the DL one, we will most likely join (hoping the 4 locations have drop-in privileges though) if we can get in. We've been on the DL waiting list for almost a decade. I don't think the perks include instant access to Dumbo . . .

I believe it is in the Dinosaur building.

Huh. Probably no RoL view then.

Yeah, those locations mostly suck. The only thing they have going for them is that they're vacant and would be cheap and easy to renovate, which I guess is Disney's plan.

Not a huge draw for a potential WDW Club 33 member, though. The lounges need good park views like the ones in Disneyland

Huh. Probably no RoL view then.

Yeah, those locations mostly suck. The only thing they have going for them is that they're vacant and would be cheap and easy to renovate, which I guess is Disney's plan.

Not a huge draw for a potential WDW Club 33 member, though. The lounges need good park views like the ones in Disneyland
Club 33 venues are not known for their views in most cases. They are known for their exclusivity. Club 33 at Disneyland is also a full service restaurant. The WDW Club 33's are said to be just lounges.

In terms of AK I don't rally know of any place that could give a view of RoL. Disney is going to use existing spaces rather than building new.

Walt's original intent makes sense. Bringing it to WDW seems ridiculous.

Club 33 venues are not known for their views in most cases. They are known for their exclusivity. Club 33 at Disneyland is also a full service restaurant. The WDW Club 33's are said to be just lounges.

In terms of AK I don't rally know of any place that could give a view of RoL. Disney is going to use existing spaces rather than building new.

Exclusive, yes, but at Disneyland you can look out over New Orleans Square, which is a much better view than even the best view of Dinoland, for example.

per this link which lists out all the areas you can have private events, the Dinosaur Lounge is marked as being in the Dinosaur building - says it can only hold a max of 80 people ... is that about the size they are looking for?

http://disneyeventgroup.com/section...-animal-kingdom-theme-park/map-event-details/
Yes, that is the location. I am sure they will and can make modifications to that spot if they so please but since they want these open by the end of the year I can't see them doing major work.

Exclusive, yes, but at Disneyland you can look out over New Orleans Square, which is a much better view than even the best view of Dinoland, for example.
I get that but there isn't much in terms of existing spaces that can be ready by the end of the year. So most of the spaces they are using are already in use private event spaces. The Epcot location should have decent views though.

I get that but there isn't much in terms of existing spaces that can be ready by the end of the year. So most of the spaces they are using are already in use private event spaces. The Epcot location should have decent views though.

I'd rather they spent an extra 6-12 months and had something fantastic, rather than just going with quick and easy.

And since I'm another who is actually considering membership, it makes a difference to me.

I'd rather they spent an extra 6-12 months and had something fantastic, rather than just going with quick and easy.

And since I'm another who is actually considering membership, it makes a difference to me.
Understandable. It doesn't seem that is the route they are going though. We will have to wait and see though.

Would it surprise anyone that if it proves really popular they will eventually add better spaces? Of course at that point, if you didn't get in at the beginning when the spaces were mediocre, you are likely to be on a very long waiting list...

Would it surprise anyone that if it proves really popular they will eventually add better spaces? Of course at that point, if you didn't get in at the beginning when the spaces were mediocre, you are likely to be on a very long waiting list...
It's possible but something that costs 10s of thousands of dollars doesn't always have the biggest demand. Also I believe it has been said that you would only "buy into" one location rather than being able to go to all of them.

It's possible but something that costs 10s of thousands of dollars doesn't always have the biggest demand. Also I believe it has been said that you would only "buy into" one location rather than being able to go to all of them.

Oh really? I had assumed it was one big membership thing - interesting

Well, your opinion is exactly that - your opinion. I don't share it. I think that members feel a special connection to the park and Disney in general. They may be more sophisticated, they may not. Just having the funds to afford a membership doesn't mean a person is sophisticated. Maybe after they refresh themselves at Club 33, they head out into the park and wait in line to ride Dumbo.

It was actually created by Walt Disney for the 33 original corporate sponsors of Disneyland.
Yes, that was the original intention. Too bad Walt never saw it come to fruition as it opened months after he passed.

Walt's original intent makes sense. Bringing it to WDW seems ridiculous.
How so? If it has continuing relevance at DL/DCA why would it then be ridiculous at WDW?

I'm not going to pre-judge how much effort is going into this. Lets see the result. If they are taking over (or making over) a former corporate lounge then much of the work might already be done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter