College Program Questions Thread, Pt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I'm new to the boards so hopefully I'm doing this right. I was wondering if anyone that has participated in the CP before (or just has general knowledge of the area) might know of some good off site apartments to live in during the CP. I will be participating in the spring and my husband will be doing a Disney Professional Internship so our program dates don't match up to do the married housing in the CP. I've been looking around a little bit but I'm hoping to find a reasonably priced place as close to the resort as possible. Any suggestions welcome! Thanks!

So I'm kind of considering applying for the Disneyland college program but don't know much about it. Does anyone know of any good blogs from those who have done it that I could check out?

What is the fastest that anyone ever heard back with an acceptance or denial after the interview?

It seems that people who have gotten rejected based on their interview heard back in a couple of days. I think the fastest I've heard of anyone hearing back with an acceptance is 3-4 days, and I've also heard from someone who was pended after 4 days.

However, some people have also been waiting 7-8 weeks and haven't heard anything, including if they've been pended.

So this is my first time posting! I've been reading the College Board ever since I applied 11-02-2011. I had my phone interview on 11-07-2011. I am so ready to find out whether I've been accepted. I recieved an email today from Disney that said thanks for taking time to interview with us, you'll hear back within two weeks. Has anyone else recieved this email? Is this a good sign? I'm just not good at waiting and REALLY want this :) Thanks!!

So this is my first time posting! I've been reading the College Board ever since I applied 11-02-2011. I had my phone interview on 11-07-2011. I am so ready to find out whether I've been accepted. I recieved an email today from Disney that said thanks for taking time to interview with us, you'll hear back within two weeks. Has anyone else recieved this email? Is this a good sign? I'm just not good at waiting and REALLY want this :) Thanks!!

Everybody receives that e-mail, so it's neither a good nor bad sign. Of course, as I posted right above you, you may not hear back in two weeks. However, I'm finding that the waiting gets easier as time goes on.

This goes with my last question, but what's the longest anyone has heard of it taking before someone got a rejection (other than pending/waitlisted)?

I have not been accepted yet, but I thought it would be a good idea to meet with the study abroad people before I know if I know if I get accepted so I could figure some things out. Little did I know, the man in charge of it all on my campus needs to know if I am accpeted by December 1. Disney said I'll find out by the first part of December or December 19th (according to this board.) Does anyone know if Disney can let me know before the first? Should I just email the college program and let them know my problem? I don't want this to mess up my chances of going. :confused3

I have not been accepted yet, but I thought it would be a good idea to meet with the study abroad people before I know if I know if I get accepted so I could figure some things out. Little did I know, the man in charge of it all on my campus needs to know if I am accpeted by December 1. Disney said I'll find out by the first part of December or December 19th (according to this board.) Does anyone know if Disney can let me know before the first? Should I just email the college program and let them know my problem? I don't want this to mess up my chances of going. :confused3

Why are you meeting with study abroad? At my school, I met with the dean of the college because I will be getting internship credit through my home school. I would not e-mail them because I honestly don't think it will make them speed up the process, but that's just me. Technically, my residence life office said they need to know if I'm staying by November 21st, but if I get accepted after that, I'm still going.

I just called them this morning asking if I could change my role before I accepted it. The lady on the phone was very rude to me! If she wasn't so rude it wouldn't have bothered me but she was unbelivably rude!! Just ruined my morning! Her name was Sandra, FYI :confused3

I talked with her and she was very nice to me. I called asking information about making a mistake on the application. She was actually the nicest person I have talked to so far from casting.

Why are you meeting with study abroad? At my school, I met with the dean of the college because I will be getting internship credit through my home school. I would not e-mail them because I honestly don't think it will make them speed up the process, but that's just me. Technically, my residence life office said they need to know if I'm staying by November 21st, but if I get accepted after that, I'm still going.

I talked to him because he is the one that deals with it all on my campus :) but I got accepted for Merchandise today so no worries now!!! I saw you got accepted too!! Congrats!!!!

How do I log into the Mission Timekeeper game? I've been using the login that takes me to my dashboard, etc. but that doesn't seem to be working. I heard it was something to do with your birthday and SS number but I'm not sure what order to put things in?

How do I log into the Mission Timekeeper game? I've been using the login that takes me to my dashboard, etc. but that doesn't seem to be working. I heard it was something to do with your birthday and SS number but I'm not sure what order to put things in?

In the offer letter it tells you that your candidate ID is needed to access it, so I tried that; didn't work. I've also heard that the log in info is included on your congratulatory postcard, but I don't have that yet so can't confirm. :confused3

This goes with my last question, but what's the longest anyone has heard of it taking before someone got a rejection (other than pending/waitlisted)?

ugh... not a good question, but i figured it's worse to not have an answer and feel ignored. (DO NOT GET DEPRESSED READING THIS!!!! okay?) I knew someone who was pending since the end of August/beginning of September last year and were rejected on the last day in December. HOWEVER!! She is now having the time of her life in the Disneyland CP, which wouldn't have happened if she had been accepted to the DW program.

I ALSO know someone who was pending the same time, and was ACCEPTED on the last day, so it can go either way!! Just keep thinking good thoughts!! :thumbsup2

ugh... not a good question, but i figured it's worse to not have an answer and feel ignored. (DO NOT GET DEPRESSED READING THIS!!!! okay?) I knew someone who was pending since the end of August/beginning of September last year and were rejected on the last day in December. HOWEVER!! She is now having the time of her life in the Disneyland CP, which wouldn't have happened if she had been accepted to the DW program.

I ALSO know someone who was pending the same time, and was ACCEPTED on the last day, so it can go either way!! Just keep thinking good thoughts!! :thumbsup2

I ended up getting in a few days after my interview, so I didn't even need to worry, thanks though :D

Did anyone else pay on Friday 11-11-2011 after getting accepted? If so, have you received your next email so you can choose your dates? I just thought it was weird I haven't gotten mine. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter