Comfort Inn Maingate East

Bonnie40

<font color=red>Sweet tomatoes, yum<br><font color
We just got back from WDW yesterday, and I thought I would post my opinion of the CIME located on Florida Plaza Dr., behind Old Town. We stayed 7 nights and loved it! The hotel was clean, the housekeeping was great, the continental breakfast was the best we've ever had, and the pool was very clean and very warm! The room was a good size and we didn't feel at all cramped. We slept as well as we would at home - not at all noisy considering it was full. The only comment was that they should almost have more than 2 elevators. Sometimes you had to wait a while for one. Great spot - VERY affordable and very convenient to all amenities!

Bonnie

Thanks for the info!
I just booked it for one night in APril before we check into OKW.
Glad to hear it is nice.
Kamy :)

how far from downtown disney? we need one nite before reservations starts and want to really shop a lot at DTD.
thanks,
mikewdw

Bonnie40,
Welcome back. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. I'm really looking forward to going in August. You said from my previous post that you would let me know what was around resort, like restaurants and activities (mini-golf). Do you happen to remember any and did you go to them? Also, did you use the hotel shuttles to any of the parks? Any comments on anything to do with this resort is helpful. Thanks alot.

Hey Kathy...

Thanks for the note. There is a really nice minature golf course right before the hotel. Super easy to walk to. Old Town is next door and it has amusement rides, and lots of neat stores and street entertainers. Great place to walk around later in the evenings. You are very close to all restaurants, a Pizza Hut is on the same road and is convenient if you get the urge for pizza late at night. There is a convenience store/souvenier store as well that's close by. We didn't use the shuttle service although it's free to guests. I felt that it would tie us down as to when to leave and I wanted the flexibility. I would suggest spending the $6 and coming and going as you please. It was very convenient to zip into WDW and we found that if you just continue on 192 West instead of jumping on I 4 for DTD it was more fun driving the WDW roadways.

BTW, an earlier post asked about how close to DTD it was. Not close. You would be better to stay at a DTD hotel if that's what you want. Although we didn't find it a problem to drive.

Hope this helps. Kathy...you will enjoy yourself. Let me know how it goes...

Bonnie

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like a very nice motel! Glad you had a wonderful vacation too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter