Confession Time! What's your secret shame?

rudetreehill

Mouseketeer
I don't have any clue why, but every single time I see the Voyage Of The Little Mermaid, when they sing Part Of Your World, I get misty-eyed.

I'm not proud of this fact.

I'll also confess that the "kid-friendly" Stitch's Great Escape scares the crap out of me (weirdly, more-so than did Alien Encounter, which I loved).

So, 'fess up... what's your secret shame when it comes to attractions at Walt Disney World?

Your secret's safe with me. (And the million other Disboard posters...) LOL

Richard/Tralfie

I would run a marathon,if they would bring back If You Had Wings...shame? no..just a guilty pleasure

Went skinny dipping with my girlfriend at the time, in one of the Caribbean Beach Resort pools at 3AM in February, after a late night at Pleasure Island, in the early 90's!

(What?!? You did say "secret" and "confession") ;)

I think the Dumbo ride is too fast and too high. Splash mountain, no problems! Something about it just scares the crap out of me. Whenever we go I suddenly have something important to attend to elsewhere when everyone wants to ride Dumbo.

I am 50 and I can't ride a roller coaster without screaming. When I get off RNR, EE or TOT the people near me either laugh at me or look very annoyed.

Went skinny dipping with my girlfriend at the time, in one of the Caribbean Beach Resort pools at 3AM in February, after a late night at Pleasure Island, in the early 90's!

DH and I did this at BW after an evening at Jellyrolls.:eek:

I have been to Disney twice in the last 2 years and have not seen one single show (think Festival of the Lion King, Finding Nemo, Fantasmic) or fireworks show.
Not one. The boys in my family are ride junkies and never want to sit for a show. I finally put my foot down.. there will be shows on this trip for Mom. Mark my words.:rotfl:

My confession is that although I have ridden many very high/scary roller coasters (at many theme parks) ... Astro Orbiter scares me to DEATH! Rode it once ... that was it! I know it is not like roller coasters but come on ... how can I be that scared!!! But I am ... :scared1:

I would run a marathon,if they would bring back If You Had Wings...shame? no..just a guilty pleasure

Me too!!! I miss that ride so much. So much so that I am quite resentful of Buzz Lightyear. I mean, I ride it but I think of the old, better ride. Especially in the tunnel at the end when you used to be flying through on an airboat (I think that's what it was, at least in my mind it is, lol).

My secret is that I get teary eyed at the "American Experience" show at Epcot. I just LOVE it and it makes me proud and sad at the same time. Of course, I have my BA in History with a concentration on early american history.

My confession is that although I have ridden many very high/scary roller coasters (at many theme parks) ... Astro Orbiter scares me to DEATH! Rode it once ... that was it! I know it is not like roller coasters but come on ... how can I be that scared!!! But I am ... :scared1:

I HATE Astro Orbiter. I rode it once (as a teenager with my friends, darn peer pressure) and hated it. You are high up and spinning, a double whammy for me. I really don't like those kind of spinny rides, like Dumbo, Alladin's carpets. Yet, I will ride the highest and faster coasters around. I guess its because you don't stay that high up.

I don't have any clue why, but every single time I see the Voyage Of The Little Mermaid, when they sing Part Of Your World, I get misty-eyed.

I'm not proud of this fact.

OP, I think you SHOULD be proud of the fact that you get teary-eyed when they sing "Part of Your World." It shows you are a sensitive, caring human being who is not too cynical or jaded or cool to react appropriately to a beautifully composed, exquisitely sentimental song. Good for you.

My secret shame: while I love WDW, I've never had any real connection to the classic Disney cartoon characters. Nothing against 'em, but I tended to watch Warner Brothers cartoons growing up. Just shows to go you can love Disney while being more or less indifferent to Mickey Mouse and gang.

I gotta agree. I don't recall a terribly reassuring restraint system (if any) on that one.

I think disney 24/7. Really. I am always on the look out for "new disney" stuffto buy. My (not my kids) bathroom is done in the mickey mouse stuff at Target. I plan to surprise my kids with a "Disney" Christmas tree this year. I want to buy a few ornaments a month from the Disney Store so won't break the bank and have a Disney ornament set by Christmas.

and hmmmm I think I may want to try the skinny dipping thing:rotfl:

In all the times I've been to Disney World, never once have I spent more than 10 minutes at the America pavilion in Epcot. For most of the trips my mom wouldn't let us spend any time there because "it's for people who visit from other countries," so when just my sister and I went last March, we decided to look around it, and honestly, nothing there appealed to us...

i have fallen asleep in the carousel of progress, hall of presidents, and at the show at the american pavilion at epcot. in my defense, in all of these circumstances, i had been up all night the night before, driving us to wdw.

I also HATE Astro Orbiter. I hate anything that is high in the air and slow. Bring on Space Mountain or any rollercoaster that takes you upside down or whatever. When they had the Skyway I hated that too. Weird huh?

:thumbsup2

This is a good one. The rest of you aren't trying hard enough. C'mon -- this thread has real potential. Don't let me down!

I'm a ride junkie, I'll ride really scary coasters, and I'm not afraid of spinning rides, but I'm afraid to try either side of Mission: Space.

My confession?

Okay...

*in a hushed tone*

It's a Small World is one of my favorite MK attractions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter