Coronavirus and DCL Megathread - Suspension of Departures for the fleet until early November. Booking only available from early December.

I've got a Dream cruise for August 24th but I've got a catch-22 situation going. We're in Vancouver, Can/US border closed to non essential travel til May 21st, almost surely to be extended til June 21. After that it's 'most likely' going to reopen (of course no guarantee) but with enhanced measures to keep CDN's safe (including extending the 14 day mandatory quarantine once you arrive in Canada).
Paid in full, if I cancel before June 10th I'll get all money back (or can move it to another cruise we have booked). If DCL cancels after I do I could lose out on the 125% FCC. But if I don't cancel and DCL somehow miraculously sails but I'm stuck in Canada (either because the border is still closed or the 14 day quarantine is still in place) I'm screwed. Sensible thing is for me to cancel by June 10th so I don't lose any money. Airfare is already booked so I'll get a 24 month credit from Westjet.

As an aside, I'm really hating this new set up on the boards.
If you move your cruise and they cancel, there is a chance you still get the FCC, they've done it for the first waves of cancellations

If you move your cruise and they cancel, there is a chance you still get the FCC, they've done it for the first waves of cancellations
Good point. I don't want to count on that though so I'm better off cancelling and just getting all my money back (or I guess moving it to a cruise I have booked later in 2021).

I notice the page is back to normal now, must've been a funny glitch! lol

I have a mid August Fantasy scheduled. I don’t want to be one of the first sailings. I rolled the dice and paid in full. Hoping for a cancellation with 125% credit.

If they don’t cancel, they better at least offer a last minute full refund or some kind of large incentive if they force people to be first out. Cayman Islands already announced they will not be allowing ships to dock through August. That’s just one of many inconveniences that I expect will detract from the experience I’ve committed a significant amount of money to.

If they don’t cancel, they better at least offer a last minute full refund or some kind of large incentive if they force people to be first out. Cayman Islands already announced they will not be allowing ships to dock through August. That’s just one of many inconveniences that I expect will detract from the experience I’ve committed a significant amount of money to.

I took that chance too.... I would go if they sailed, but not if kids clubs, pools, etc would not be available. I am not as upset about ports (although my wife differs on that point), but if TOO many of the things that make a DCL cruise what it is were cancelled, I would be requesting 100% refund myself as well... I know it is in black and white when refunds are available and what percentage after your PIF... however, these are far from normal times... if they are going to send a DCL cruise with most of the features that make it DCL unavailable, I’d like the choice of getting a full refund. (My OPINION/gut feeling is that Disney would do that if you called and said you didn’t want to pay to sail on a “non-Disney” Disney cruise, but 🤷) Changes to ports, or to days at sea, while disappointing/annoying seem to be more “normal” in the sense that due to weather/storms you can be re-routed and not get any of your cruise fare back.... however, shutting down multiple aspects of daily life on a Disney cruise ship (the kids clubs, pools, etc) seems more out of norm and when known before a cruise departure to me would be a time for Disney to permit , and perhaps even offer, 100% refunds after PIF date if you choose not to sail
with this significantly reduced experience.

I took that chance too.... I would go if they sailed, but not if kids clubs, pools, etc would not be available. I am not as upset about ports (although my wife differs on that point), but if TOO many of the things that make a DCL cruise what it is were cancelled, I would be requesting 100% refund myself as well... I know it is in black and white when refunds are available and what percentage after your PIF... however, these are far from normal times... if they are going to send a DCL cruise with most of the features that make it DCL unavailable, I’d like the choice of getting a full refund. (My OPINION/gut feeling is that Disney would do that if you called and said you didn’t want to pay to sail on a “non-Disney” Disney cruise, but 🤷) Changes to ports, or to days at sea, while disappointing/annoying seem to be more “normal” in the sense that due to weather/storms you can be re-routed and not get any of your cruise fare back.... however, shutting down multiple aspects of daily life on a Disney cruise ship (the kids clubs, pools, etc) seems more out of norm and when known before a cruise departure to me would be a time for Disney to permit , and perhaps even offer, 100% refunds after PIF date if you choose not to sail
with this significantly reduced experience.

This is exactly my concern on our Magic cruise mid August, that and the fact we might not be able to get there if the U.K. shuts borders due to a lockdown.

You have more faith in DCL doing the right thing than me. I’ve just booked next year, to reserve what seems to rapidly vanishing staterooms. but do we pay $5,000 on Friday. 🤔

I suspect for at least the first few weeks of cruises, they will have to be at a reduced capacity. If the parks are any indication, it will have to be 50% or less. Shanghai reopening was under 30%.

Then the question becomes how do they get down to those numbers? I would think they would have to first offer a 100% refund to get guests to voluntarily cancel to get down to those numbers. I doubt too many people are cancelling on their own with a large financial loss. It’s certainly going to be interesting.

I’m hoping for this for this latest batch. We were in the July 1 and rebooked to Thanksgiving last month. We did get refund of the $500 price difference, wondering if that will affect it now. If we dont get it, it’s okay, but hoping we do!

Mine is still awful. I reported it on the tech board, but anything that isn't happening 100% of the time is obviously harder to fix.

Mine was better for a bit, but it's back to being weird.

Ok, everyone can have a little chuckle on me, because I don't really know anything about all this, except my little story.

I checked the DISboards on my iphone and it looks fine.

Here's my story;

My daughter has a web page and when she does upgrades, she has varying degrees of visual quirkiness, depending on which platform you're accessing it from. She has to call us to check her changes on our iphones/itunes because she has an Android.

So, maybe they are making some changes and they aren't showing up correctly?

Is anyone using an Android phone to follow this page?

I paid in full Sunday for my 8/10 Alaska cruise. I'm ready for DCL to cancel so I can rebook for Europe next summer. Just need dd to make up her mind on which cruise she would like to take. I want the 11-night from Dover to Copenhagen but it's her graduation trip, so her choice.

Ugh, so bummed. While I'm holding to rebook, the cruise I wanted jumped $1300 :(
So sorry to hear that. I really hope you get everything you want! We grabbed a placeholder booking last week for a cruise in 2021 but we lost our "perfect" room and are on the second dinner seating now. We're debating whether main or second is going to be a big deal for us. Also, I'm worried that we won't be able to get our same excursions and adults-only dinner reservations. Bummed that it's going to be another seven months of wondering about what we're going to be able to do on the cruise. I hope Disney does something to help people who did everything "right" the first time and are now behind the curve post-rebooking.

We booked Fantasy for next August as a back up to this August 8 cruise likely canceling.... bring on the countdown to next years cancellations!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter