Coronavirus and DCL Megathread - Suspension of Departures for the fleet until early November. Booking only available from early December.

Yes, if you cancel and not move, you cannot keep your placeholder. I could not keep mine and lost my 200 on-board credit as well. They were not permitting anyone to move them at my PIF date and there no extensions. DCL will not revisit anyone who cancelled etc before the middle of March, despite the fact Canada had a travel advisory when I cancelled I believe. I got a firm no for everything.

I fully expect this to happen to us. It is what it is but next time we feel comfortable cruising it just makes it harder to pick DCL without that discount.

hopefully. But I just don’t see a way cruises can go safely with out a vaccine. Surly there will be a massive risk to the virus if going on a cruise with no vaccine
If you feel that way than why did you rebook from April to September when you know there will not be a vaccine?

If you feel that way than why did you rebook from April to September when you know there will not be a vaccine?

things have got a lot worse than I expected and thought things would be a bit better by sept

im not generally talking about me when I say that though. I just mean it will be a big risk and could easily spread on a ship. I’m not saying I would not go. But I hope There is a few cruises before mine so we get reports on how there are going

I also think even if cruises are sailing and people don’t want to go. I think Disney will give them some sort of offer to change dates

things have got a lot worse than I expected and thought things would be a bit better by sept

im not generally talking about me when I say that though. I just mean it will be a big risk and could easily spread on a ship. I’m not saying I would not go. But I hope There is a few cruises before mine so we get reports on how there are going

I also think even if cruises are sailing and people don’t want to go. I think Disney will give them some sort of offer to change dates
I'm not sure how things have gotten any worse. If anything things are far better than earlier predictions. So basically you're not cancelling your cruise because your hoping for a 25% cruise credit. I wouldn't count on DCL letting you out of the contract just because you don't want to sail.

This is horrible!

That article is horrible on many levels. It is America bashing throughout the article. For example it says that the U.S. baulked at providing basic emergency services for these foreign workers on foreign ships. Why is it the United States' taxpayers job to help these people? Then at the end it goes really crazy. It's hard to take them seriously when they go on about democracy, civility and truth is in peril due to the current U.S. administration. Very poorly written, biased riddled article that clearly has an agenda other than cruiseline workers. Not trying to be political, just responding to article posted on this thread.

That article is horrible on many levels. It is America bashing throughout the article. For example it says that the U.S. baulked at providing basic emergency services for these foreign workers on foreign ships. Why is it the United States' taxpayers job to help these people? Then at the end it goes really crazy. It's hard to take them seriously when they go on about democracy, civility and truth is in peril due to the current U.S. administration. Very poorly written, biased riddled article that clearly has an agenda other than cruiseline workers. Not trying to be political, just responding to article posted on this thread.
I agree it’s a horribly written article. I feel for the crew I really do, but you are right they are not American citizens and these aren’t U.S. flagged ships.

That article is horrible on many levels. It is America bashing throughout the article. For example it says that the U.S. baulked at providing basic emergency services for these foreign workers on foreign ships. Why is it the United States' taxpayers job to help these people? Then at the end it goes really crazy. It's hard to take them seriously when they go on about democracy, civility and truth is in peril due to the current U.S. administration. Very poorly written, biased oriddled article that clearly has an agenda other than cruiseline workers. Not trying to be political, just responding to article posted on this thread.
Are we reading the same article? It said the US was among the countries baulking, its not solely focused on the US, I don't see any US bashing or that it is the US tax payers job to pay...
To me the article is more explaining the dodgy ways of cruiselines by registring in low-tax countries and sailing under Bahamas flag, etc. And that the cruise line says one thing, but the crew says another.

Yes, if you cancel and not move, you cannot keep your placeholder. I could not keep mine and lost my 200 on-board credit as well. They were not permitting anyone to move them at my PIF date and there no extensions. DCL will not revisit anyone who cancelled etc before the middle of March, despite the fact Canada had a travel advisory when I cancelled I believe. I got a firm no for everything.
I moved my Baltic with the hope of possibly moving it back. I may end up cancelling it in the long run.
Its nice having next years cruise paid off, but It’s a long time to have the money tied up. I’d like that money for a few land trips this Summer if I can’t cruise. I have a feeling I will be able to find a better price on NCL next year anyway.

"Are we reading the same article?"

Read the bottom of the page titled "America Faces an Epic Choice". Links like that have no place on this board. Also I can't believe they say we baulked at helping, our country helps more of the world's citizens than any other nation on earth.

Read the bottom of the page titled "America Faces an Epic Choice". Links like that have no place on this board. Also I can't believe they say we baulked at helping, our country helps more of the world's citizens than any other nation on earth.
Ok, that part doesn't show up in my feed. It is not part of the article for me. But when I Google it, I think I know what you are referring to.

But as politics are not allowed on the Dis, I think it's best to skip this part of the article and only focus on the part about the crew members.

I'm not sure how things have gotten any worse. If anything things are far better than earlier predictions. So basically you're not cancelling your cruise because your hoping for a 25% cruise credit. I wouldn't count on DCL letting you out of the contract just because you don't want to sail.

my cruise got cancelled in March. I am in the UK and things have been changing on a daily basis. Plenty has happened over the last few weeks here that’s for sure. That’s why cruises keep getting cancelled more and more as they never expected it to be as bad. After the stories I’m seeing it’s now starting to put me off a bit but I’ll wait and see what happens in the coming weeks/ months

and no I already have the extra 25% credit for this cruise anyway

I also think if your More vulnerable dcl won’t yet u travel if u don’t want to

Are we reading the same article? It said the US was among the countries baulking, its not solely focused on the US, I don't see any US bashing or that it is the US tax payers job to pay...
To me the article is more explaining the dodgy ways of cruiselines by registring in low-tax countries and sailing under Bahamas flag, etc. And that the cruise line says one thing, but the crew says another.

Same... they do call out specifics about the ships in and near US waters, but this is set to the US edition so that makes sense that the article would be written for that audience. It mentions many other countries not taking care of ships in and near their waters either.

I also do not see this at the bottom of the page. We have no control over links and ads on other websites and the original link is to a news source that isn't blocked by the filter so that means The Guardian is allowed.

Lets get the thread back on topic please...!

We were booked on the Halloween on the High Seas cruise in October out of NYC, but we decided to push our honeymoon back to next year to be safe. We ended up switching to the cruise my in-laws are going on as it will be their first time and my fiance (then husband's) first cruise.

I'm bummed because I was looking forward to a different itinerary as we (my mom and I) keep ending up on the Bahamian cruises for one reason or another, but I'm excited to experience it with people who have never done a Disney Cruise.
And hopefully if my fiance gets hooked, we can do another itinerary the year after for our anniversary :P.

my cruise got cancelled in March. I am in the UK and things have been changing on a daily basis. Plenty has happened over the last few weeks here that’s for sure. That’s why cruises keep getting cancelled more and more as they never expected it to be as bad. After the stories I’m seeing it’s now starting to put me off a bit but I’ll wait and see what happens in the coming weeks/ months

and no I already have the extra 25% credit for this cruise anyway

I also think if your More vulnerable dcl won’t yet u travel if u don’t want to
If the cruise sails. DCL is not going to let you cancel at the last minute because you’re afraid to sail. That’s what insurance is for. Unless DCL adopts a 24 hour cancelation policy for ALlL guests then you will need to use your insurance. Don’t expect Disney to make an exception for you because your vulnerable. You knew you were vulnerable when you booked.

The absolute best case scenario won't have a vaccine by fall. Maybe not even fall 2021. Vaccine science takes time and there are only so many corners that can be cut to speed it.

We were booked on the Halloween on the High Seas cruise in October out of NYC, but we decided to push our honeymoon back to next year to be safe. We ended up switching to the cruise my in-laws are going on as it will be their first time and my fiance (then husband's) first cruise.

I'm bummed because I was looking forward to a different itinerary as we (my mom and I) keep ending up on the Bahamian cruises for one reason or another, but I'm excited to experience it with people who have never done a Disney Cruise.
And hopefully if my fiance gets hooked, we can do another itinerary the year after for our anniversary :P.

I’m booked on an October HOTHS cruise as well. Even if DCL goes forward with the sailing, hard to see how they can keep any of the Halloween entertainment, trick or treating in the atrium, etc. I’ve thought about rebooking for the same cruise in Oct 2021 but even post-vaccine I doubt the experience will be the same. I could see this being the end of the themed cruises that involve guests crowding together for special entertainment.

If the cruise sails. DCL is not going to let you cancel at the last minute because you’re afraid to sail. That’s what insurance is for. Unless DCL adopts a 24 hour cancelation policy for ALlL guests then you will need to use your insurance. Don’t expect Disney to make an exception for you because your vulnerable. You knew you were vulnerable when you booked.

I Never said I was vulnerable, I just think there will be choices given to people if they are though

I no royal Caribbean are letting u cancel your cruise up to September so far to pick another date and can cancel up to 48 hours before your cruise for another date

I no Disney are already letting people change there mid July to end of July cruises on the magic for another date and I think that will be extended as a lot of cruise lines are giving people more options. I think disney will follow. If people are to worried and want to change dates I can’t see Disney not doing this when other lines are

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter