"Correccted" 2010 Point Charts now available on the Member site

I think that Disney is seen by some of us as something that is run for our benefit.:rotfl2: It's just a business, trying to get by, with the changes in economy.:confused3 I am glad that I did a 50 point add-on 2 weeks ago & I had no knowledge of the coming point changes...I guess I can say that I am very happy that I have the ability to be a DVCer...Period!:cool1: We were going to do our first Sun-Thurs stay in June 2010 to attend our friends' vow renewal at WDW...Since it's going to be an extra 15 points, I may just go from Sat - Fri...:rolleyes:

Seeing the 2010 point charts got me thinking. Most timeshares selling point is that you can lock in your vacation at today's prices. That is not the case with Disney since they can change the point requirement of the same vacation that you take each year by changing the point charts. That means that each year your same vacation could cost more or less depending on Disney. I think that this is a very importnant point that everyone needs to consider when buying. Other timeshares allow you to lock in your vacation while Disney gives you flexibility. The flexibility has a cost that we all know can and will happen.

We are new members and I think it really stinks that they did this. Yes, they had a right to, but it still stinks!

We have a Sept 09 trip scheduled and with the new charts, that same trip will cost us 15 more points next year.

We bought DVC based on the point charts at that time. It was a good deal for us then. Now, I'm not so sure!

I acknowledge that "some" people will beneit by this reallocation, but the majority of us won't....or Disney would have left things as they were. They can claim that it was because the Members were asking for it but that's just BUNK! Their data showed that the majority of Members visited SUN-THU and Disney wanted to get a bigger piece of that pie! So Sad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter