"Correccted" 2010 Point Charts now available on the Member site

Thanks for posting the direct links Doc. I am unable to access the members' website at the moment and those links go to publicly accessible pages, so I'm able to see them. :thumbsup2

In addition to better reflecting the changes in Members' vacationing patterns, the adjusted charts make accommodations more affordable during many popular Walt Disney World® events, such as Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and ESPN The Weekend.

Huh? I've never even heard of it!:rotfl2:

What about adjusting to make President's Day, MNSSHP and F&W time "more affordable" too? Or can we expect another reallocation next year? I'll just keep my eyes open for a raise in price or minimum purchase. That will be the indication that the points required for your vacation are going up! They'll notify you right after the increase and then they'll implement it a week later. That should give everyone ample time to plan accordingly.:crazy2:

I checked both BCV and AKV and they are identical to the leaked charts.

I haven't read all the posts yet...is BLT still the same? I was wondering since it's not even open yet.

Has anybody done a comparison that they could share to show what went up/down for each of the resorts?

I checked both BCV and AKV and they are identical to the leaked charts.

I haven't read all the posts yet...is BLT still the same? I was wondering since it's not even open yet.

BLT is the same as the leaked points chart.:sad2:

In light of the surprise reallocation.....I sure hope they rethink their decision to allow only 1 transfer in or out per year. Maybe they could allow 3-5 small transfers (maybe max 10 pts each) back and forth per year so those missing just a few points to finish a reservation could get them transferred into their account from another member and have it not be their only transfer for the year.

In light of the surprise reallocation.....I sure hope they rethink their decision to allow only 1 transfer in or out per year. Maybe they could allow 3-5 small transfers (maybe max 10 pts each) back and forth per year so those missing just a few points to finish a reservation could get them transferred into their account from another member and have it not be their only transfer for the year.

Cue the music to When You Wish Upon a Star. ;)

I said this before on another thread, I am annoyed that only 4 months after BLT opens, they will already be changing the points. The good thing is that since I can't make my reservations until March 1st, I now have time to re-think just how many days I am willing to spend there this year. Probably will mean less days in the parks, dining, spending money there etc. Oh well...

Now that they are official I guess I will start my total point check between the two different allocations to see of the total points are actually the same

bookwormde

I just checked the new points totals and it will affect my vacation by one day! I'll now be three points off! Unreal, just a major bummer. My wife and I were going to see about an add on when we are there this coming week. Notice I said WERE. Between the change in calling for reservations, the shoddy houskeeping and now this, I can officially say I'm done with adding on. It's going to take something really magical this week when I'm there to make me a happy camper with dvc again!! If we had been given A BETTER NOTICE of this happening It wouldn't sting me as bad.
Eric

I REALLY feel for the BLT people who just bought and haven't made a ressie YET!!!!!

For us, 2010 is a big year for group trips, and I was already banking some '09 and borrowing almost all '11 points to pull it off. Our March 2010 2br BCV is now 285 not 275 (Sun - Sat stay) and 2-2 BR's at BCV in August are 253 each not 242. All in, I am now short 8 BCV points even after borrowing 100% of 2011's allotment.

So we're still outside 30-days to adjust our upcoming 1BR BCV in March, also Sun to Sat. stay. Fri night is 60 points, and our flight Sat am is early, so I'm cancelling the night, leaving bags at bell services, and getting a room at the Hyatt right in MCO. After dinner, we'll just take a cab to the airport and already be there for early am flight - won't even unpack just use an overnight bag as if we're on a cruise! Banking that 60 points will solve my 8-point problem plus some premium for spite.

I'm acutely aware that the whole operation is a zero-sum game, and there are those that benefit and those that lose. It's just weird to feel relieved that I have a creative option instead of being 100% screwed - if our upcoming trip was Feb, for example, I wouldn't be able to cancel and bank. Yikes. I spent way too much money to all of a sudden find myself risking a near-miss. Also glad we recently bought Marriott and will be expanding our horizons a little... between this and the 11-mo from check-in change (I'm a consumer of SV and 2BR-2Q rooms) I've had new risk concerns twice in a few months about Disney, although to their credit I've not had a problem yet with the new reservation rules.

For us, 2010 is a big year for group trips, and I was already banking some '09 and borrowing almost all '11 points to pull it off. Our March 2010 2br BCV is now 285 not 275 (Sun - Sat stay) and 2-2 BR's at BCV in August are 253 each not 242. All in, I am now short 8 BCV points even after borrowing 100% of 2011's allotment.

So we're still outside 30-days to adjust our upcoming 1BR BCV in March, also Sun to Sat. stay. Fri night is 60 points, and our flight Sat am is early, so I'm cancelling the night, leaving bags at bell services, and getting a room at the Hyatt right in MCO. After dinner, we'll just take a cab to the airport and already be there for early am flight - won't even unpack just use an overnight bag as if we're on a cruise! Banking that 60 points will solve my 8-point problem plus some premium for spite.

I'm acutely aware that the whole operation is a zero-sum game, and there are those that benefit and those that lose. It's just weird to feel relieved that I have a creative option instead of being 100% screwed - if our upcoming trip was Feb, for example, I wouldn't be able to cancel and bank. Yikes. I spent way too much money to all of a sudden find myself risking a near-miss. Also glad we recently bought Marriott and will be expanding our horizons a little... between this and the 11-mo from check-in change (I'm a consumer of SV and 2BR-2Q rooms) I've had new risk concerns twice in a few months about Disney, although to their credit I've not had a problem yet with the new reservation rules.

I would have changed our Feb trip if we were given more notice. Now I will be short for our planned Feb 2010 trip.

Denise in MI

I see only one change is the PR, where they added
"To help address a growing Member interest in weekend stays and to better manage inventory of available rooms at Disney Vacation Club Resorts, Disney Vacation Club has adjusted 2010 Vacation Points charts, primarily reducing Vacation Point requirements for most Friday and Saturday nights.
I think this confims what I thought was the real reason - combine member interest in weekend stays with lower points and rooms left unused on weekends and you have a mayor change in the charts.

They look good to me (few more pts here, a few less there, it all works out - kind of like growing older :lmao: )

Thanks Doc!

I just did some planning last week for June 2010. For us the new point charts save a few points. We usually stay at least a week and may have three weekend nights in there.

Obviously it is the members that predominantly stay Sun-Thurs that will be affected most. We were fortunate enough to afford to buy a little more points than our average vacation so we vary what we do each year, bank, borrow, etc. etc.

If I remember correctly, somewhere in that new reservation change, a comment was made by DVC that the average stay is 7 days. They must be moving towards promoting that through the set up of the points, reservations etc

I guess we are the average as the changes of the last two years have worked for us.

I totally agree that the BLT change stinks. I just sent my signed contract in yesterday, and now we'll be short four points every year. DH is so ticked, I doubt he'd spend the $448 for the extra points, even if we were allowed to change the contract. So annoying!

For what it's worth, I compared the vacations I have planned for 2009 against the 2010 charts and I'll actually save points (2BR at BWV). Then again, we stay over the weekends.

So this is good news for me and my travel buddies.

Cyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter