cost of taxi from DLP to Montaigne,Paris

boboman

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

I will be going to DLP with my husband and daughter
in January for two nights. I was wondering does anyone know how much it would cost to go by taxi from DLP to the Louis Vuitton boutique at Montaigne and how long would it take ? My husband said he won't go with me, as he hates shopping, so I have to go by myself, but I have no sense of directions and I'm sure I would get lost if I don't go by taxi.
So if anyone can help, and give me some ideas on the time and cost, I would be most grateful. Thanks !

Hi boboman :wave2: and welcome to the DIS!!

Obviously none of us have much idea how much and how long a taxi would be to this place!! Ask us how to get from the airport to DLP and we can give you all sorts of answers!! :D

Having said that, the taxi ride from CDG airport to Disney takes about 40 minutes and can apparently cost anywhere between 30 and 100 euros!! I should imagine that the trip to Paris would be fairly similar?

Probably best to ask at the guest service desk at your hotel, they should be able to help you.

I'm sorry this is no help for you, but I just want you to know that your first post hasn't been ignore, and that maybe, by bumping this thread back up to the top of the list, someone else might have a much better answer. :D

One option that might be dramatically less expensive is to take the RER train (whose A Line begins at DLP) into downtown Paris and get off at the Auber station. Then it is a short taxi ride (10-15 blocks?) to the boutique. The train runs very frequently (every 10 minutes during the day, even on weekends) and takes only 45 minutes. With traffic it can take that long just to get from one end of Paris to the other, and you'll be coming in from the far east and heading over to the west side of downtown. Just make sure that when you get on the return train on you're on a Line A to Marne-la-Vallee, not Boissy-Saint-Leger (the line forks). A ticket is something less than EU10 each way. Depending on traffic, a cab is going to be near EU100 each way. Now, maybe if you're going to LV, you don't care, but the train is faster and cheaper. Plus, learning to navigate the Parisian train system is part of the whole experience!

One of the most amusing sights on my last trip to Paris was the line down the block and around the corner of people waiting to get in the boutique.

Walt

So glad you told me about the long queue to get into the boutique, there is no way I'm going to stand in a line so that I could buy myself a handbag, it's so embarrassing !

Thanks so much for the info, I can now forget about going to Paris on this trip and just concentrate on having fun with my daughter in DLP
:D

Well, you never know. We were there in mid June 2001, things might settle down in January. At times it seemed like every female tourist was carrying a shopping bag from Vuitton, YSL, Cartier, Hermes, or the others! If you get to the end of the trip and still feel like shopping, the Charles de Gaulle airport has quite a bit in the way of duty-free shopping, although according to their website no Vuitton.

Whatever you chose to do, have a great time!

Walt

Edit: Ooh, I found the picture. Here was the line at Vuitton:

vuitton.jpg

walt,

that picture really makes me laugh, are those people crazy !:)

After reading your post, I decided not to waste my time and go shopping in LV Paris. Instead I call Hermes in London and you know what ? I bought myself a Hermes birkin bag, no waiting (there was suppose to be a 2 years waiting list) no hassle !

Thanks so much !!! if it wasn't for your post I might wasted a whole day in Paris, instead of enjoying my trip with my daughter :)

wnissen - that picture!! :earseek: Why would anyone want to do that!?!

boboman - looks like you've saved yourself a lot of time, money (apart from the Hermes bag, of course) :teeth: and effort. Have a wonderful, relaxing trip to DLP. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter