Could GCV Provide A Hint Into CRV

ADP

<marquee><font color=red>I'm a huggin' fool</marqu
With the recent announcement of the Grand Californian Villas I was thinking that maybe the new Contemporary Resort tower may be the same format. Could the Contemporary have a mix of guest rooms and DVC?

The expansion of the Grand Californian will also include a viewing spot on the roof for the fireworks show. Wouldn't it be great if the new Contemporary tower offered the same benefit? A viewing spot on top of the new tower at the Contemporary for Wishes would be awesome.

With the recent announcement of the Grand Californian Villas I was thinking that maybe the new Contemporary Resort tower may be the same format. Could the Contemporary have a mix of guest rooms and DVC?

The expansion of the Grand Californian will also include a viewing spot on the roof for the fireworks show. Wouldn't it be great if the new Contemporary tower offered the same benefit? A viewing spot on top of the new tower at the Contemporary for Wishes would be awesome.

With so much talk about "suites" going in at CR, I think that your prediction is worth considering.

As for the Fireworks viewing spot, anything that gets me "far from the maddening crowd" is a great thing. I wonder if they'll check key-cards for such a thing. :rolleyes:

hate to say it, ala the CA Grill; it would be "too hot of a ticket" imo.

unless ALL the suites have a MK view, really think they'd need to restrict it to guests staying:confused3 onsite.

Why yes, yes it would. :rolleyes:

NOTE: This is fake, not real, it would never be this close to the castle and is currently not there now, its just an idea.

3320733207CRVPOOL.jpg

jade1, I snicker every time you post that image.

ADP, I thought the same thing when I read the announcement. And perhaps it will be like AKL with some hotel rooms planned from the beginning to be eventually converted to DVC.:confused3

I didn't read of the rooftop viewing but only skimmed after the beginning of the announcement.

Just thinking out my wazoo here... wonder if they would ever consider piggybacking GCV and CRV together as one "home" resort... something like a premium parkside accomodation and give you an 11-month priority at either. That way if they only had a handful of DVC units at both, there would be options to handle more owners.

Like I said -- complete left-wall thinking there.

jade1, I snicker every time you post that image.

ADP, I thought the same thing when I read the announcement. And perhaps it will be like AKL with some hotel rooms planned from the beginning to be eventually converted to DVC.:confused3

I didn't read of the rooftop viewing but only skimmed after the beginning of the announcement.

I thought of this too. 50-100 villas is too few, but they certainly could build it with the idea that they can later convert hotel rooms to more villas if the need arises.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter