Could someone explain the "free dining plan" please?

Disneykim

Mouseketeer
My family and I are going during easter week and staying at the WL. Was wondering what the free dining plan was and if we could do it during our stay! Thanks ahead of time!

No, the free dining is for stays in August and September...to get people into WDW during hurricane season. Enjoy your trip!

The free dining is only from August 13 to September 30, 2006. However you can pay for the dining plan at $37.99 for ages 10 and up, $10.99 for 3-9 years old. Many people think it is a good deal. There are a ton of threads right here on this page about the pros and cons. Here is a link to Disney's 'official' page on the DDP. Have fun!

DDP

depending on the ages of your party and how much and how you like to eat, you may find this to be a good deal. As I said, check out the above link to the official rules and sift through the threads to find out if it works for your group. $37.99 per adult gets you 1 counter service meal (drink, entree and dessert), 1 TS meal (sitdown appetizer, entree, dessert, non-alcoholic drink) and one (kind of limited but not bad) snack, per person, per day. The kids are simply supposed to order off of the kids menu, but heck, it's only 10.99 per child and they can eat at buffets for that price too. You can use the DDP at tons of restaurants and use 2 of the TS credits for some of the dinner shows and Signature restaurants.

It may be worth it if your party likes to eat well and somewhat regularly planned meals. Don't forget to make ADR's for most if not all TS dining whether or not you use the DDP as it can be hard to get a seat during dining hours--especially at Holiday times.

Either way, have a wonderful trip and enjoy the magic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter