Could the reopening be pushed back?

That doesnt seem to be true in the very short run at least. I was shocked to find a ton of availability in the next 90 days. Even CCV studios!

It's because people don't want to go there just yet. I think local DVC owners (within 2-4 hours driving distance) will go for a "break" from their home life, but anyone that has to fly won't go for a resorts-only vacation (unless they can get a really good deal on airfare)

It's because people don't want to go there just yet. I think local DVC owners (within 2-4 hours driving distance) will go for a "break" from their home life, but anyone that has to fly won't go for a resorts-only vacation (unless they can get a really good deal on airfare)
Exactly.

I predict a lot of people's points are going to waste for a bit.

Anyhow, back to the original question, my answer is still "No" the re-opening is unlikely to be pushed back. I would think that Disney (and the other theme parks) had to have an idea that if the numbers went up, whether they would still re-open.

With active cleaning, mask requirement everywhere on property, and reduction in allowed attendance there is not much more you can do. If you are shutting it down its for months from now.

I think that even if they push back park opening, they may not close down DVCs unless an executive order is in place closing the entire state down again.
I agree. As timeshares, I don't believe Disney has the legal authority to close the DVC Resorts without some sort of executive order from the governor or a state agency.

Not just states, my county in PA is ‘recommending’ self quarantine for those coming back into the state from travel.

good luck with that when so many people won’t even wear masks unless it’s enforced

http://wtae.com/article/allegheny-c...-of-alcohol-bars-restaurants/32991912?src=app
You must be from the same area as I am (hi neighbor 😃) I’ve noticed so many more people around here that don’t even pretend to have their masks on anymore😡 self quarantine definitely won’t happen by most!

7000 Cast Members have already signed a petition and the Actors Equity Union has asked Disney to delay opening. We need to see what happens with the other WDW unions (Unite Here! 737 and 362, IATSE 631, Teamsters 385, TCU 1908, and UFCW 1625) Workers do not need to need to die so we can see the mouse.
Take away the extra $600 and I bet they sing a different tune. Break the Union and hire new employees.

7000 Cast Members have already signed a petition and the Actors Equity Union has asked Disney to delay opening. We need to see what happens with the other WDW unions (Unite Here! 737 and 362, IATSE 631, Teamsters 385, TCU 1908, and UFCW 1625) Workers do not need to need to die so we can see the mouse.

First of all the petition which is on moveon.org(a political organization).

2nd it’s 7000 signature, there is no way to prove it’s from cast members since it’s an online petition. It’s most likely random people on the internet with no skin in the fame. This article even clarifies that. https://www.bing.com/amp/s/www.cnbc...ld-employees-petition-to-delay-reopening.html

3rd) the actors union only represents 700 cast members at Disney world. Out of 77,000

From an article posted above, Literally the last paragraph:
“Some of the hospitals had told us they were just using their ICU wing as their COVID wing,” he said. “The surgeon general just wanted to know, ’OK, if you are doing that, how many (serious cases) are actually there or not?”

Sounds like they just asked for clarification.

With active cleaning, mask requirement everywhere on property, and reduction in allowed attendance there is not much more you can do. If you are shutting it down its for months from now.

But that's the problem. A large segment of the country sees the mask as a political statement and aren't wearing one. Even with what's going on in Florida right now, I'd probably still feel safe in a park if there was 100% compliance on CDC recommendations.

I can tell you things have changed drastically here regarding masks. Since the county by county face covering mandates in public spaces have gone into effect over the last week or 2, the compliance is very much at or near 100%. About a month ago, you'd be hard pressed to see more than half of people in a grocery store wearing them. Now? Completely different environment. I'm sure there are the scattered few making a "statement" by not wearing one, but I can assure you the vast majority of us here in FL are taking the uptick in cases very seriously.

That doesnt seem to be true in the very short run at least. I was shocked to find a ton of availability in the next 90 days. Even CCV studios!

Short term, I can see why there is availability. People are just unsure of traveling right now. Perhaps a better way for me to have put it should have been that the demand next year, assuming all of this is behind us, will be staggering with so many people having DVC points for canceled 2020 trips extended by a year

Short term, I can see why there is availability. People are just unsure of traveling right now. Perhaps a better way for me to have put it should have been that the demand next year, assuming all of this is behind us, will be staggering with so many people having DVC points for canceled 2020 trips extended by a year

I agree..may be looking at a few nights in a bungalow!

Since pass holder preview registrations went out and filled up an hour ago, this train ain’t stopping for anything short of a government forced shut down. And that’s not happening at the state level.

But that's the problem. A large segment of the country sees the mask as a political statement and aren't wearing one. Even with what's going on in Florida right now, I'd probably still feel safe in a park if there was 100% compliance on CDC recommendations.

Agree.

Personally, I think the parks will open, but if they struggle getting people to comply with the mask wearing (including things like leaving your nose out) they will shut back down. They can't have cast members fighting the guests on this and the masks are probably the most important part of infection control. Even if they choose to turn a blind eye for a bit, it will only be a matter of time until CMs start falling ill and they will be forced to close.

Otherwise, I think they're going to stay open until FL hospitals are overrun and the whole state is completely locked down again.

It remains to be seen how strictly Disney will enforce the mandatory mask policy
If it was me, I would prefer that anyone who violates the policy is asked to leave for the day, with no possibility of returning
Yes, it is harsh, but it is the only way to force compliance

Agree.

Personally, I think the parks will open, but if they struggle getting people to comply with the mask wearing (including things like leaving your nose out) they will shut back down. They can't have cast members fighting the guests on this and the masks are probably the most important part of infection control. Even if they choose to turn a blind eye for a bit, it will only be a matter of time until CMs start falling ill and they will be forced to close.

Otherwise, I think they're going to stay open until FL hospitals are overrun and the whole state is completely locked down again.

I am one who resisted the masks. I do still think they are useless. But, we will comply to go have a good vacation. I would hope anyone going right now is doing so with the idea in mind there just is no getting around it. We'll be in full compliance with the rules while we are there.

You must be from the same area as I am (hi neighbor 😃) I’ve noticed so many more people around here that don’t even pretend to have their masks on anymore😡 self quarantine definitely won’t happen by most!
I had to take looong drive up to kittaning today to grab a test results disK at hospital there. stopped at nearby grocery store...not a single person had on a mask. Not even the clerks. Saw no sort of social distancing precautions set up, ugh
Take away the extra $600 and I bet they sing a different tune. Break the Union and hire new employees.
FYI, FL is a right to work state, those not in their company’s represented union but have most of the same protections.

There are many people in various states (PA for one) that filed for UE waaay back the middle of March, after being mandatedly closed/laid off. Even my dentist was effected. Don’t think for a hot minute it’s only the low wage earners involved.

Many deemed eligible are still awaiting some/all combination of funds to which they are entitled: UE check, federal kicker (which ends last of July) or even their stimulus check...so, yeah, I can imagine the mournful tune they are singing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter