CowFish or Toothsome?

eiblehs

Expedition Everest Enthusiast
Universal newbie here! I’ll be visiting for the first time ever soon. Both menus for The CowFish and Toothsome Chocolate Emporium look yummy but I can only pick one. Which would you recommend over the other for dinner? (Additional question: Do you have a favorite thing on the menu?)

We did both for the first time our last visit. Both were really, really good. We did Toothsome for breakfast though. And just last week we were all saying that we would love to go back to CowFish! We didn't even think of Toothsome so I guess CowFish for us.

I just checked the menu and I can't remember what I got. I just remember being surprised that the "burger" meal I got was actually ground beef in sushi shapes. It wasn't a patty. But it was sooo yummy.

My younger daughter got the kids meal mini burgers and loved them. My husband and other daughter got different bento boxes. Everything was really good. And very different.

I have not been to Toothsome, but Cowfish was our favorite meal of our last Universal trip. We got there before it got crazy busy on a Friday evening. I want to say it was about 6:30. Food was fresh and delicious and I had the best Moscow Mule of my life. Service was fantastic. Highly recommend. My picky kid ate everything she ordered. 10/10 will go again!

Oops I think I may have gotten *The All-American Bacon Double Cheeseburgooshi ???

EDITED TO ADD: My daughter said she thinks we got the Taste Explosion Rolls.

Last edited:
Depends what you're in the mood for! I found the burgers better at Cowfish (not a sushi fan so can't speak to that), but I've also had some great meals at Toothsome including their brunch items. I think Toothsome might win out slightly over Cowfish because of the decor/ambiance and because they have those giant milkshakes!

My last few experiences at CowFish were not great - the cleanliness of the bar area was suspect IMO - food was OK - but I was not impressed as much as I had been the first few times. Even the milkshake (stick int eh mud) was not all that great.

I've been to Toothsome several times and really enjoy the appetizers - I do wish they had alcoholic milk shakes like CowFish - wonder if Cowfish has an exclusive deal on those.

Would run someone over to get the Cowfish crab rangoon dip.

Toothsome desserts are to die for and really enjoyed their soup. Is the restaurant open yet? Thought was just their sweet shop and shakes that you could get as to go.

Been to both just once, I'd go to Cowfish right now if I could (did someone say Crab Ragoon???) Toothsome - it was ok. Maybe if I was going for a super indulgent dessert only? I'd go there again.

They're both my favorite!!!!

My recommendation would be to go to Cowfish for dinner (the burgooshi is AMAZING), and then swing by Toothsome for dessert and shopping in the gift shop ;) BOOM ya get both

We like both, but we would opt for Toothsome. Cowfish is chain with locations in other cities, and Toothsome is unique to Universal. There’s a story and theme throughout the restaurant with characters that stop by your table. It’s also well appointed in line with the theme, so it makes for an interesting atmosphere.

The entrees at Toothsome are more heartier dinner ones, whereas Cowfish is mostly burgers and sushi, so depends on what your group wants too. The food is always good at Cowfish, but sometimes I want something more and I’m also not a sushi eater. But DH is, so he likes going there so he can get sushi and I can get something else.

If it was really based off those two places, I would go for Cowfish. Aside from this post, over the variety of times this has been a subject and debate, I've always heard of more mixed reviews on Toothsome, almost tipping more towards negative by a hair. Where as I've heard mainly almost all positive reviews of Cowfish. As someone else suggested, perhaps Cowfish for lunch/dinner, then Toothsome for dessert.

I'll be honest to say I've never had Toothsomes, but CowFish is such a unique menu it's hard to pass up!

Cowfish is chain with locations in other cities, and Toothsome is unique to Universal.

Cowfish isn't as big as a chain as it seems - Orlando seems to be one of three locations in the US. So I would argue it's equally as unique of an experience as Universal

Cowfish, but not for Sushi. Go for the burgers and cocktails, they are very, very good. Sushi is so much better elsewhere.

We have been so disappointed in Toothsome, food was a let down, albeit a nice atmosphere. And we aren`t big dessert folks so their milk shakes and such don`t appeal to us but many like them a lot.

We really enjoyed the atmosphere at Toothsome. The food was good, but I wouldn’t say amazing. It was dark - in a good ambience way to me, the servers were great, and the two characters roaming around were very fun. I thought they had a nice wine selection.

Cowfish was fun. I don’t know if it was just something when we went, but it smelled overwhelmingly odd inside. I can’t describe it, but it wasn’t a good smell to me. I couldn’t take it so we sat outside, which was really pleasant. We didn’t have the amazing food experience others did, but the drinks were very good, including awesome milkshakes. We ordered a bunch of unique-sounding sushi. If we go again, we’ll stick to the burgers.

We’ve gone back to Universal and I wanted to go back to toothsome. In the end we didn’t and just ended up on the porch of margaritaville eating big soft pretzels and beer cheese. (They give wikki sticks to the kids, which was a huge hit with my 9 yo.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter