CRT lunch review.... we were disappointed

katebeth

Mouseketeer
First of all let me say that we have been to CRT for breakfast and had a wonderful experience. I have read a lot of reviews good and bad about the lunch and tried hard to keep and open mind and not have any expectations. We (me and DH) realized that we were doing CRT for our girls and the joy that they would get being at the castle, seeing the princess'. That being said........

We had ADR's for a 2:00 lunch. We waited about 20 min., and then we were seated. Half way through our wait, the Fairy God Mother came out and greeted the families in the waiting area.

We were seated in the very middle section of the castle, and my first complaint is that it (the ceiling) dripped water on me the entire meal. When I asked a CM about it, they laughed and said that the humidity made it do that all summer. Kind of annoying, but I tried not to let it bother me

We were extremely rushed through the whole process. The seating was cramped. We had a window seat for our breakfast CRT and it did not seem nearly as cramped. Anyway, The hostess immediatly took our order (me and DH had Major Domino's Pie, DH4 had pretzel dogs and DH2 had the complimentary buttered pasta.) They brought the food and drinks out and we started to eat. The princess' were no where in the restaurant, but while we were eating our appitizers, they came in and started making their rotations. About 5 min. after they brought us the appitizers, they brought us our meal. The major Domino's pies were cold, which made me think that they were pre-made and sitting out for awhile, but we still did not let that bother us, because we were there to see the Princess!!!!

Talk about rushed..... Each princess came to our table and spent maybe 1/2 a min with my girls. Now I know that it is crowded, but they really did not spend any time with them at all. We quickly took a picture with each one, and then they were on their way. Maybe it was because it was late in the afternoon and they were tired. I don't know, but we were very disappointed :guilty: To put the icing on the cake, Princess Aurora did not come to our table. The hostess had to go get her before she left and all she did was pose for a picture. She did not even sign the girls books. She was majorly rushed.

The one good thing, was the dessert. We really liked to blueberry buckle. It was warm and tasted yummy. So that was good

When it was all said and done, (and $60 later) we decided that next year we will try another character breakfast or lunch. Eating in the castle is a great experince, but for the money, the food was not filling or tastey and the interaction was Blah!

I hope that other people have a better experience. I know that every experience is different for each person, I just hope that there are more haoppier experiences than ours.

We've tried it again and again and again, during the length of its whole existence in its various manifestations and we have never had a good meal.

But, that said, it's always nice to be in the castle and I think they count on that!

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

I'm sorry to hear you had such a bad time of it. It was honestly one of our favorite Disney dining experiences when we were there. The food was great, I had the Major Domo Pie and it wasn't cold at all and my son had the salmon and loved it. My daughter had chicken strips at every meal, so they are well, chicken strips. The princesses didn't spend a ton of time with us, but we didn't feel that they rushed us either. They did come to our table before we had a chance to order. In a way, I kind of liked that because the rest of our meal was leisurely and I didn't have to worry about the kids dipping their autograph books in their plates or desserts. I think we ate there at about 1:30pm, though our ADR was 2:10, we arrived early and were seated early.

Having been in the castle several times over the years, we stopped going to CRT long ago. The only reason I would return is if someone in our party had never done it before. :earsboy:

I have a question. If you go to CRT for lunch is it only 1 ts or is it still 2. I have never been to CRT and I have heard some bad reviews but I still really want to try it but I don't know if I want to waste 2 ts on it.
thanks,
Shelly

It's definitely not worth 2TS. We paid OOP when we went in August for lunch and enjoyed it. The food is only fair (we used to love the rolls and prime rib, neither of which is available for lunch any more). Nonetheless, the kids enjoy the castle and we enjoy seeing the princesses.

Having been in the castle several times over the years, we stopped going to CRT long ago. The only reason I would return is if someone in our party had never done it before. :earsboy:

i agree
ive been fortunate to do breakfast twice before it was 2 credits, i don't think its worth it now:confused3

i agree
ive been fortunate to do breakfast twice before it was 2 credits, i don't think its worth it now:confused3

Ditto. I'm glad we did it before it became 2 TS credits. If I were to try it again, I would pay OOP, but I don't see it in our future again. My DDs loved eating in the castle and seeing the princesses, but we were totally rushed.

We had the same experiience. I call it Cinderella's Royal Ripoff! I also knew it going into it but we had a first timer along.

Once was enough for us as well at CRT. I guess they can get away with mediocrity since they are always packed.

We've tried it again and again and again, during the length of its whole existence in its various manifestations and we have never had a good meal.

But, that said, it's always nice to be in the castle and I think they count on that!

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

I wholeheartedly agree.

Thank goodness all of the girls in our family are now over the age of 10 so we don't ever have to go back.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Thank goodness all of the girls in our family are now over the age of 10 so we don't ever have to go back.

Yes, we were home free for a decade or so (with the infrequent visit for a first time guest), but the dear niece is just about to turn four and I can see me now, pulling out all the stops for CRT meal next December!!! :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter