Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same, since cell phones I’ve never looked at that sign. Now before phones that sign was crucial to know the wait times!
See, I had no idea wait times were ever listed there as I'm usually flying past there to race to whatever attraction we've deemed a priority. And yes @AmberMV , most times I'm holding my DD by the arm and pulling her along as quickly as possible!!

I’m curious about this, as well. We have a reservation to build a droid tomorrow. I don’t recall seeing this package last September.
I believe the backpack and droid has been around for 149.99, the only thing that is additional is the personality chip, which last year retailed for 14.99. I would say it's just a bundling of items and you can get the chip put in right away, but no real discount.

I can’t keep up with this thread with being at the parks, so I apologize if others have already shared this. I received a survey from Disney a day after visiting MK. It was lengthy and asked all sorts of questions about how I felt about various park changes, both the safety changes and the modified experiences. One of the questions was along the lines of if I experienced guest behaviors in the park that affected my feeling of safety.

I think there are a couple of interesting things to point out in regards to maybe how Disney is currently doing. Yes, the availability calendar is pretty darn full-packed, even, if you're an AP. However, they JUST announced a brand-wide AP discount of 30% for the next month. Last week, they announced FL resident and AP discounts through September to the tune of 35% and 40% off resort rooms. I THINK, that we will start seeing Disney change course a little and perhaps even offer more discounts to entice visitors. I think they MAY have started to see the err of their ways in trying to alienate APs and now may be falling back on those same APs loyalty to stay afloat.

(Italicized words because it's all just my opinion based on what we've started to see)

I would be so curious to see what actual spending has been like. Out of the 3 groups, it’s APs who are completely filling the bucket, which begs the question of what actual ticket sales are looking like. Both actual dining revenues and obviously the DDP have to have taken a massive hit, given how some of it just flat out doesn’t exist right now, some is modified, and guests as a whole are not going to be there as long nor are as many of them captive resort guests as usual. No special events right now. They upped the AP merch discount and certainly not out of the goodness of their hearts. They are trying to entice people back to the resorts sooner than we all speculated, weeks ago the question was still “how are they going to fit all these people who won’t cancel?”

Its certainly better for every single one of us going now or anytime in the future if Disney has to work harder to entice guests to spend again.

I can’t keep up with this thread with being at the parks, so I apologize if others have already shared this. I received a survey from Disney a day after visiting MK. It was lengthy and asked all sorts of questions about how I felt about various park changes, both the safety changes and the modified experiences. One of the questions was along the lines of if I experienced guest behaviors in the park that affected my feeling of safety.
I haven't seen that posted yet, thank you for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter