Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question. Carley in her instastories was in Epcot yesterday and then MK, so she clearly park hopped?

Are a lot of media being given this privilege right now? I figured no park hopping was a safety precaution so an outbreak in one place might be contained (albeit by a small degree) and I realize it’s all sort of frivolous in a theme park.

I was firmly on her side, now I am like yeah stop judging people if rules don’t apply to you. Everyone being above the rules will be the downfall of us all.

Question. Carley in her instastories was in Epcot yesterday and then MK, so she clearly park hopped?

Are a lot of media being given this privilege right now? I figured no park hopping was a safety precaution so an outbreak in one place might be contained (albeit by a small degree) and I realize it’s all sort of frivolous in a theme park.

I was firmly on her side, now I am like yeah stop judging people if rules don’t apply to you. Everyone being above the rules will be the downfall of us all.

No. No media privileges. I believe she was last minute invited by a CM as a guest to the CM preview at Epcot.

Attended MK, which is open to anyone, with a park reservation on her own AP.

Yesterday and today are CM previews for Epcot. So she was a guest of a CM and then had a park reservation for MK.

She was in Epcot with a cast member for preview (only the cast member's ticket gets scanned) and then used her own reservatioin to go to MK yesterday. so skirting the rule but not breaking it.

CM preview then a park reservation.

I'd actually consider that more of a special event and a "regular" park day than hopping.

All the CM are amazing, they have to work day and day out with people that quiet frankly treat them with disrespect and any common sense of courtesy or empathy. I always make sure to thank and engage them when I'm there, even if I'm recording or live streaming, they are all superstars in my book

I can’t emphasize this enough. We are semi-regulars at the BCV (3-4 trips a year over the past several years- less now but staying longer) and have made it a point to get to know the cast members. We have even had some recognize us when we couldn’t get into our favorite resort and were staying at another Dvc on property. We have been told many times how much they love us because we actually make a point of talking to them and getting to know them and we try to follow the rules and not act entitled as opposed to other guests. We hear many stories about guests who may come as often if not more so than us that they recognize but with whom they have never had a conversation, or the guest acts entitled or tries to circumvent the rules. Can’t count the number of times a little extra pixie dust has been sprinkled our way just because we treated the cast members with friendship and respect. We have written dozens of comment cards (I forget the name they have for them) over the years that we have left at the front desk. We often take a pic of the person with their name tag after confirming their. Are comments cards still the way to go? I think it goes in their file or something and is passed along to senior management in their area. I’ve been seeing notes on this thread about using Twitter? Not really a twitter fan but whatever I need to do to recognize cast members we will do.

I'm an introvert by nature, so anytime a CM had always waved or said something, i've kind of just smiled, nodded and kept going. But going to MK and AK, I have been a lot more engaging with them, trying to brighten up their day if just for a second

Try to do this as much as you are comfortable with. I know the cast members really appreciate it.

I love the CMs. If I see one from where I am from I stop and chat. If I recognize one I tell them I do. I thank them profusely. I've had one truly unpleasant CM experience and it almost ruined the entire day. When it's bad, it's bad.

We’ve had only a couple of bad experiences over the years with cast and we have commented about them as well, in the same email in which we praised many others so it didn’t seem like all we did was complain.

Does anyone know if you can use a discount (AP or DVC) on the legacy lightsabers? I know we could not when we went to Savi's for the full experience- but if you purchase them at Dok Ondar's or the new workshop - can discounts be applied?

I know pre covid there was no discount.

I really want Ahsoka saber, but just don't know if I can justify spending that much right now

VIP tour guests will be allowed to park hop.

If Disney is allowing media members to park hop, how is that breaking WDW rules? If she entered two parks, Disney obviously allowed it. VIP tour guests will also be allowed to park hop.
As you can see above she used a loophole with the special event, so I was mistaken.

That said, my point stands, by entering two parks she is as much risk or more to the guests she complained about and to the CMs she complained to. She had exposed herself to far more contact points and people then all those in MK that evening who had remained in that one park.

Last edited:
With QS restaurants, can you only enter if you've placed a mobile order and your order must be called? If so, does this mean that anyone that brings food into the parks can only eat outside?

The union and Disney came to terms back in April. I’m assuming that contract is still valid for those cast members not yet called back. Those covered by the agreement will not be laid off presently. They are covered to April 2021.
Presumably disney would have put clauses in there to re-furlough CMs so they could potentially furlough them again as long as possible.

With QS restaurants, can you only enter if you've placed a mobile order and your order must be called? If so, does this mean that anyone that brings food into the parks can only eat outside?
At Pinocchio Village Haus, they stop you at the door & ask to see your mobile ordering number. Not sure what happens if you say you don’t have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter