Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
With QS restaurants, can you only enter if you've placed a mobile order and your order must be called? If so, does this mean that anyone that brings food into the parks can only eat outside?
You can eat in the relaxation zones.

No one is saying they will prevent any rule from being broken 100% of the time. What they are perfectly capable of is enforcing consequences when those rules are broken. If they can't do that, they need to shut the doors. Just telling people they can't have their pictures when they take their masks off during a ride isn't good enough.

So do you suggest that all businesses of any kind everywhere that do not 100% support or go above and beyond local requirements shut their doors? If so, then just about every local business I have been to should also shut down.

We arrived at Riviera today. No park visits today just hanging out at resort with some pool time.

I would say compliance at the resort today was okay but not great. Lobby area almost everyone wearing masks but maybe 75-80% wearing them correctly (a lot of exposed noses). Walking down halls towards room on upper floors I saw a few instances of no masks.

Pool was shutdown for a while because there was a thunderstorm in the afternoon. Gift shop got a bit over crowded and social distancing wasn’t great.

We sat outsider at Bar Riva for a while waiting for pool to open. I saw a few people without masks walk up to the lifeguards that were in the area to ask when the pool would reopen. Was surprised that the lifeguards didn’t really seem to comment about them not wearing masks.

All in all, I was mostly comfortable today. I would not have come if I expected perfection and 100% compliance. CMs can’t be everywhere all the time. But, from my first day at just the resort, it seems resorts are a little more lax than theme parks (based only on park reports since I haven’t been to one yet).

FL Governor DeSantis did a Roundtable discussion in Miami. Didn't see it mentioned. Here is the link to video
https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v=585121305529790&ref=search
He did mention staying at home, avoiding the "3 C's" (Closed, indoor spaces, Close contact, Crowded spaces).

Also, at least for Miami-Dade, the local government is saying that if things do not improve they will consider another full shutdown.

So do you suggest that all businesses of any kind everywhere that do not 100% support or go above and beyond local requirements shut their doors? If so, then just about every local business I have been to should also shut down.

We arrived at Riviera today. No park visits today just hanging out at resort with some pool time.

I would say compliance at the resort today was okay but not great. Lobby area almost everyone wearing masks but maybe 75-80% wearing them correctly (a lot of exposed noses). Walking down halls towards room on upper floors I saw a few instances of no masks.

Pool was shutdown for a while because there was a thunderstorm in the afternoon. Gift shop got a bit over crowded and social distancing wasn’t great.

We sat outsider at Bar Riva for a while waiting for pool to open. I saw a few people without masks walk up to the lifeguards that were in the area to ask when the pool would reopen. Was surprised that the lifeguards didn’t really seem to comment about them not wearing masks.

All in all, I was mostly comfortable today. I would not have come if I expected perfection and 100% compliance. CMs can’t be everywhere all the time. But, from my first day at just the resort, it seems resorts are a little more lax than theme parks (based only on park reports since I haven’t been to one yet).
Glad you made it! I know y’all were worried too. That’s crazy what you saw b/c at BRV, it’s been just about 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter