Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone doing wait time tracking to see if it seems like either capacity is increasing or guest patterns are changing? I could see both happening over the coming weeks. 1) Disney increases capacity where wait times are crazy low like AK, 2) People like us "in the know" from reading forums constantly start showing up later in the day to take advantage of the low afternoon wait times compared to mornings.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out once all of the parks are officially open and the initial "burst" wears off.

In case this helps anyone: I called back about booking the Capture Your Moment photopass session since @TISHLOVESDISNEY was able to book one and this CM said that he remembered being told something about them starting back in August and put me on hold. Came back and said they were opening up on August 3.

I was trying for July 28 but have another MK park reservation for August 9 so I just booked it for then.

Fairly painless and wide open availability anytime after August 3.

Has MK been letting people on Main Street ahead of opening like they used to, or holding all guests outside until 9 am? How are the lines for Main Street Bakery?

Is anyone doing wait time tracking to see if it seems like either capacity is increasing or guest patterns are changing? I could see both happening over the coming weeks. 1) Disney increases capacity where wait times are crazy low like AK, 2) People like us "in the know" from reading forums constantly start showing up later in the day to take advantage of the low afternoon wait times compared to mornings.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out once all of the parks are officially open and the initial "burst" wears off.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...orlds-new-normal.3807253/page-2#post-62129510
This shows wait times at different times each day.

Are comments cards still the way to go? I think it goes in their file or something and is passed along to senior management in their area. I’ve been seeing notes on this thread about using Twitter? Not really a twitter fan but whatever I need to do to recognize cast members we will do.
The Twitter hashtag if you are interested is #CastCompliment.

I know pre covid there was no discount.

I really want Ahsoka saber, but just don't know if I can justify spending that much right now

Thanks! My boyfriend built one at Savi's last fall and he thinks he used his discount for the accessories at Dok Ondar's, but wasn't sure of the situation with the actual lightsaber itself. If you can use the discount, I should probably bring an extra suitcase.

With QS restaurants, can you only enter if you've placed a mobile order and your order must be called? If so, does this mean that anyone that brings food into the parks can only eat outside?
this has been a rule that was not enforced, you were supposed to be allowed to eat at QS locations only if you bought their food, as with many Disney rules it wasn't enforced. You are not allowed to go into any QS right now unless you have a MO and only after the order is ready. You can take your food to any relaxation area and eat at those without any issues

Has MK been letting people on Main Street ahead of opening like they used to, or holding all guests outside until 9 am? How are the lines for Main Street Bakery?
Getting into MS now before the park officially opens is tricky and I have only been able to get there around 8:45am, by that time the entire park was open. Non existent lines first thing

Just back from AK, LOVED the security check now, lord I hope they expand to all the parks. very empty first thing, walked on to Safari and was on the first truck of the morning, witnessed the lionesses roaring while the lion looked on, very majestic. Also was the first into Gorila Falls Trail and of course baby Grace is the one to visit, LOVED the social distance spacing finally don't have to tiptoe to be able to see over people's heads
LOVED all the boat caravans
Mobile Order at Restaurantosaaurus at 11am, no one there obviously, the cobb salad can give the one at Brown Derby a run for it's money imho
Walked on to FoP and 15 min for NRJ.
A great day, almost 100% mask compliance
I agree with many that have mentioned there needs to be spacing at the EXIT of attractions. People just forget and all want to leave at the same time, I let everyone disembark the safari truck before I got up, same with FoP, let people walk ahead of me

I can’t emphasize this enough. We are semi-regulars at the BCV (3-4 trips a year over the past several years- less now but staying longer) and have made it a point to get to know the cast members. We have even had some recognize us when we couldn’t get into our favorite resort and were staying at another Dvc on property. We have been told many times how much they love us because we actually make a point of talking to them and getting to know them and we try to follow the rules and not act entitled as opposed to other guests. We hear many stories about guests who may come as often if not more so than us that they recognize but with whom they have never had a conversation, or the guest acts entitled or tries to circumvent the rules. Can’t count the number of times a little extra pixie dust has been sprinkled our way just because we treated the cast members with friendship and respect. We have written dozens of comment cards (I forget the name they have for them) over the years that we have left at the front desk. We often take a pic of the person with their name tag after confirming their. Are comments cards still the way to go? I think it goes in their file or something and is passed along to senior management in their area. I’ve been seeing notes on this thread about using Twitter? Not really a twitter fan but whatever I need to do to recognize cast members we will do.

On twitter, use the hashtag #castcompliment and tag @WDWGuestService - include as much info about the interaction and CM as you can! The compliments get matched to the CM. :goodvibes

I have reservations for DHS tomorrow (first day to the public) and just got this email

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance...
The virtual queue is back
We're excited you have a reservation to visit Disney's Hollywood Studios®. And whether you're a fan of the Force or just a fan of big fun, we've got some news you should find pretty exciting, too! Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will once again be using a virtual queue in the My Disney Experience* app.

And if you've joined the Resistance before, you'll want to note a few changes to the process beginning July 15:

• Most importantly––as availability allows––Guests will have an opportunity at 10 a.m., 1 p.m.or 4 p.m. to request to join the virtual queue.This means there is no need to arrive early to the Park to check the virtual queue.
  • If you don't already have it, make sure you download the My Disney Experience app. Then once you enter the Park, log in to your account at one of the distribution times (10 a.m., 1 p.m. or 4 p.m.) and select "Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue" on the home screen. You will then be able to view the current status and next steps for joining the virtual queue. The app will indicate when there is no availability for a specific distribution time. Some Guests may join backup groups.
  • As long as your My Disney Experience account is linked to Park tickets for you and the others in your group, you can enroll everyone in the virtual queue at the same time. In order to give as many Guests as possible the opportunity to join the Resistance, each Guest can enter the virtual queue no more than once per day.
  • Make sure push notifications are turned ON for My Disney Experience so you'll be alerted if your group is called to return. You'll have up to an hour from the time of the alert to go to the entrance of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
  • Please note that joining the virtual queue does not guarantee the ability to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.

If you have any questions or need assistance, Cast Members at Guest Experience Team locations throughout the Park are available to assist. And we just can't wait to welcome you back to the magic.​

I have reservations for DHS tomorrow (first day to the public) and just got this email

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance...
The virtual queue is back
We're excited you have a reservation to visit Disney's Hollywood Studios®. And whether you're a fan of the Force or just a fan of big fun, we've got some news you should find pretty exciting, too! Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will once again be using a virtual queue in the My Disney Experience* app.

And if you've joined the Resistance before, you'll want to note a few changes to the process beginning July 15:
‌​
  • Most importantly––as availability allows––Guests will have an opportunity at 10 a.m., 1 p.m.or 4 p.m. to request to join the virtual queue.This means there is no need to arrive early to the Park to check the virtual queue.
  • If you don't already have it, make sure you download the My Disney Experience app. Then once you enter the Park, log in to your account at one of the distribution times (10 a.m., 1 p.m. or 4 p.m.) and select "Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue" on the home screen. You will then be able to view the current status and next steps for joining the virtual queue. The app will indicate when there is no availability for a specific distribution time. Some Guests may join backup groups.
  • As long as your My Disney Experience account is linked to Park tickets for you and the others in your group, you can enroll everyone in the virtual queue at the same time. In order to give as many Guests as possible the opportunity to join the Resistance, each Guest can enter the virtual queue no more than once per day.
  • Make sure push notifications are turned ON for My Disney Experience so you'll be alerted if your group is called to return. You'll have up to an hour from the time of the alert to go to the entrance of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
  • Please note that joining the virtual queue does not guarantee the ability to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.

If you have any questions or need assistance, Cast Members at Guest Experience Team locations throughout the Park are available to assist. And we just can't wait to welcome you back to the magic.​

Oh wow. I hope they can keep the part I bolded about requesting to join the virtual queue from here on out!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter