Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, when they open the parking lot, the park is open (I got a BG when riding SDD). They literally can't open the park any earlier than they are, or you're still going to have same sitution.

It's just so many people are barely getting inside the park at 10, then they just stand there and that's the pic you see. 5 minutes later that crowd is gone. It's not as huge of a deal as that pic makes it look to be

However, I have always believed they should allow people try to get a BG from anywhere if they have a park reservation

Oh yes, that I know. That's why I queried either a change to the RotR boarding group process or group drop times, or CMs at the entrance trying to keep people from congregating. Maybe it should be they open the park at 10, then drop the first group at 10:30 or 11. Or as @DGsAtBLT has suggested many times, let people with DHS reservations try for boarding groups outside of the park. Idk, I'm just thinking out loud.

I know the crowding in the first tweet is not indicative of the full long-term picture, which is why I shared the second tweet showing the area 45 minutes later. If there's a way to help disperse the crowding in the first tweet, though, I'd definitely like to see them try to do it.

Agreed. I don't think this warrants freaking out, either, and I am absolutely more concerned about indoor dining. I just wondered if there's something that could be tweaked to help alleviate this back-up at the entrance from the RotR drop happening at the same time as park opening. If it's just a matter of people need to get there earlier, cool. :thumbsup2

I'm just not there and didn't know if them letting people in before park open had changed.

It's on blogmickey.com now.

Florida is removing the quarantine from the tri-state. It's a step, but it will need to be done in both directions (from NY, NJ, PA after returning form Florida).
Do you mean CT not PA? PA only has a recommended quarantine
PA does not have a mandatory quarantine for travelers coming from FL.

Is DHS allowing people in before 10? I thought there were reports of people in line for MMRR around 9:30. This situation looks wild.

Surely there's another change to the RotR boarding group process/drop times coming? Or at least earlier entry or maybe CMs dispersing people away from the entrance so people aren't just congregating like this?

People need to take action. Why stay in a crowded area when they can walk 3 minutes to an empty spot? there's no common sense. I've done DHS now 6 times since it reopened and yes Hollywood Blvd might look like this for a couple of minutes but just by walking further you find empty spots, a lot of them.

Oh yes, that I know. That's why I queried either a change to the RotR boarding group process or group drop times, or CMs at the entrance trying to keep people from congregating. Maybe it should be they open the park at 10, then drop the first group at 10:30 or 11. Or as @DGsAtBLT has suggested many times, let people with DHS reservations try for boarding groups outside of the park. Idk, I'm just thinking out loud.

I know the crowding in the first tweet is not indicative of the full long-term picture, which is why I shared the second tweet showing the area 45 minutes later. If there's a way to help disperse the crowding in the first tweet, though, I'd definitely like to see them try to do it.

I think she said have them available the night before for the people with reservations. Where we’re at in society I can’t see how it would be impossible to have the ability to recognize guests with reservations and allow those guests only to access the boarding group “lottery” the night before. This would absolutely help with the early morning congestion if people knew they had a boarding group and not feel the need to get there at park opening

I think she said have them available the night before for the people with reservations. Where we’re at in society I can’t see how it would be impossible to have the ability to recognize guests with reservations and allow those guests only to access the boarding group “lottery” the night before. This would absolutely help with the early morning congestion if people knew they had a boarding group and not feel the need to get there at park opening

Thank you! I couldn't remember her exact proposal. I agree with both of you, though!

Coincidence that right after the Q3 report that Florida rescinds the Tri State quarantine? Hard to believe this is a coincidence. Florida has been in much better shape than they are currently when NY was flattened and didn’t rescind the mandatory quarantine. Granted that turned out to be a good idea.

I’m not sure if it’s still the case, but when Cuomo first made the mandatory quarantine order coming from hot spot state’s I believe he said a 10% or lower positivity rate for 2 weeks would be required to rescinding theirs.

Oh well, at least I get to admit to going to Florida now without posters running to the mods to report my posts
There is some other metric Cuomo is using also. Somehow IL ended up on the quarantine list and we're under 4% positivity rate.

It appears New Yorkers can’t go anywhere. They are now required to quarantine if visiting one of 35 states they’ve now listed. This isn’t just a Florida/Disney issue.
Yea, I saw that, but my post was making it clear that there is no mandatory quarantine in PA for those coming from FL as the post I quoted had caused some confusion. Clearly this is not just a FL/disney issue.

There is some other metric Cuomo is using also. Somehow IL ended up on the quarantine list and we're under 4% positivity rate.

I mean, I get it for NY to have people quarantine when coming into the state. The wild spread wasn’t just because they were unprepared, but also because of the tight quarters in which NYC residents live in. This thing could shoot up again in NYC at any moment. Where I live in NY, its been contained since late April, early May. But theres also more space around here. I could walk around my block and not see a single person.

With regards to Florida, I thought it was petty for DeSantis to keep the mandate as long as he did...until their spike. I’m shocked that he lifted it now. Numbers are going down, but they’re still much higher than they were when much of NY was “safe”. I cant imagine that Disney didnt have at least a little hand in this decision. Just seems all too convenient given the quarterly reports from Universal and Disney. I think there will be an influx of guests from the Tri-State area that head down now, but not nearly enough to make a visible difference in the parks, especially with school’s opening up, whether at home, or in person.

People need to take action. Why stay in a crowded area when they can walk 3 minutes to an empty spot? there's no common sense. I've done DHS now 6 times since it reopened and yes Hollywood Blvd might look like this for a couple of minutes but just by walking further you find empty spots, a lot of them.

I’m not sure if it was here, or elsewhere that I heard/read that people are more worried about just getting into the park in time that they dont stop and think about their surroundings once they’re inside DHS. Once they’re in, their mindset is on getting that boarding group. And if they can get internet/WiFi access at the front of the park, they’re not going to risk walking somewhere else in the park, possibly losing track of the time and missing the drop, and/or risking not having a good internet connection in the new spot.

^^^ This!

My son was there this morning. They saw that crowd, headed down Sunset and it was practically empty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter