Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
With regards to Florida, I thought it was petty for DeSantis to keep the mandate as long as he did...until their spike. I’m shocked that he lifted it now. Numbers are going down, but they’re still much higher than they were when much of NY was “safe”. I cant imagine that Disney didnt have at least a little hand in this decision.
I caught myself doing this when I read it - and not because of Disney, just the situation as a whole.

Apparently Chicago is now on a list showing a slow uptick in cases. There’s a lot of information from health sources that ny is probably looking at trying to manage the virus.

Well, we are actually blaming downstate Illinois. This time it's not all our fault! :D Luckily in Chicago our hospitalization rate is not going up (so far).

New York will end up with a slow uptick at some point also. Ebb and flow will be the way with slow re-openings until there is a vaccine.

Well, we are actually blaming downstate Illinois. This time it's not all our fault! :D Luckily in Chicago our hospitalization rate is not going up (so far).

New York will end up with a slow uptick at some point also. Ebb and flow will be the way with slow re-openings until there is a vaccine.
I agree. Florida never really had a peak before this so I’m not surprised. Hopefully it will continue to decline and level off here and all the states. Will be interesting to see if Disney becomes more crowded as olfloeida and other states decline.

There is some other metric Cuomo is using also. Somehow IL ended up on the quarantine list and we're under 4% positivity rate.
Either 10 percent test positivity rate or more than 10 per 100,000 residents testing positive for covid over a 7 day rolling average. Population of Illinois is 12.67 million, so more than 1,267 positive cases over 7 day rolling average. Illinois is currently just shy of 2,000 cases per day over a 7 day rolling average.

Last edited:
More bad cruising news. Europe outbreaks and now Alaska on small ships. We lost our anniversary cruise in April, we lost our November cruise we rescheduled from April, and now our early February for the kid's first cruise doesn't look good.☹

I have faith that 2021 will resume cruising in a limited capacity format. I am hearing a rumor about a cruise line that has, what they feel, a very strong case/procedure/protocol for re-opening more safely. I'll post it once it is released to the public in a few days.

I have faith that 2021 will resume cruising in a limited capacity format. I am hearing a rumor about a cruise line that has, what they feel, a very strong case/procedure/protocol for re-opening more safely. I'll post it once it is released to the public in a few days.

Is one of the new procedures having to wear this? It keeps the germs out, and it doubles as a floatation device. 18548BD3-9423-4563-8F17-E62437AA2FFE.jpeg

It's on blogmickey.com now.

Florida is removing the quarantine from the tri-state. It's a step, but it will need to be done in both directions (from NY, NJ, PA after returning form Florida).
NY just tightened their restrictions by adding road checkpoints and are blaming something like half their cases on travel. That ban will be lucky to be lifted by the holidays.

DHS should make the boarding pass system start at 10:15 instead of 10 am to give a bit of leeway time for everyone to filter into the park. That’s not too much “downtime” between the park opening and guests getting their boarding pass, considering how much the ride breaks down as it is.

More bad cruising news. Europe outbreaks and now Alaska on small ships. We lost our anniversary cruise in April, we lost our November cruise we rescheduled from April, and now our early February for the kid's first cruise doesn't look good.☹
A ship in Tahiti has one too. Personally I see no future for the industry until this is over and done with.

DHS should make the boarding pass system start at 10:15 instead of 10 am to give a bit of leeway time for everyone to filter into the park. That’s not too much “downtime” between the park opening and guests getting their boarding pass, considering how much the ride breaks down as it is.
Unfortunately this wouldn't change anything except allow 15 min more of people to congregate and 15 min less ride time. People just need to keep walking once they enter the park so that those arriving behind them can do the same.

Nothing to see here....just keep walking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter