Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So do masks need to go under your chin or to the bottom of your chin? Just finished making one and I forgot about seam allowances. It goes to the bottom of my chin but not under. Dunno if that meets Disneys standards as I haven’t been yet.

So do masks need to go under your chin or to the bottom of your chin? Just finished making one and I forgot about seam allowances. It goes to the bottom of my chin but not under. Dunno if that meets Disneys standards as I haven’t been yet.
As long as it fully covers your nose and mouth and is secured with loops or ties and is not mesh and made of at least 2 layers without exhaust valves and is the color purple and also has a rainbow decal you should be fine.

I think that as long as your nose and mouth are covered and it has ear loops you are ok. The more the fabric fits the shape of your face without buckling the more protection you will have.

I would think as long as it covers mouth and nose, okay?

As long as it fully covers your nose and mouth and is secured with loops or ties and is not mesh and made of at least 2 layers without exhaust valves and is the color purple and also has a rainbow decal you should be fine.
LoL, looks like I'm gonna need to find a purple mask, I've got the other requirements covered :)

Anyone been to the pools at the resorts?

I feel like at least 100 times per trip I’m having children and adults either swim into my legs or backing into me on accident. And this happens even if the pools are empty. I guess what I’m asking, are people being more mindful and aware of their surroundings inside of the pools during these new times?

I think that as long as your nose and mouth are covered and it has ear loops you are ok. The more the fabric fits the shape of your face without buckling the more protection you will have.

Lol, well, I want my masks to blend in with SW cosplay once summer is over and I can wear non-wicking clothing again, so no purple or rainbows for me. It’s fairly snug. Definitely closer to the skin than oversized paper masks that gape several inches.

They have a large group of cm who are not doing anything. Standing in front of closed attractions/ shows/ restaurants, these are cm from the water parks and resorts that are closed, so If someone comes down sick they have people to cover, i believe they have enough surplus of cms to open a restaurant, it's just the demand isn't there

2 weeks ago, we noticed a large group of CMs outside the new Club 33 locale in AK. They were dressed in typical Character attendant costume, with trash grabbers. They were all talking to a couple of guests. From what I overheard as we walked by, they were all non-equity Festival of the Lion king dancers. I thought that was random, but at least they have a job to work!

I feel like at least 100 times per trip I’m having children and adults either swim into my legs or backing into me on accident. And this happens even if the pools are empty. I guess what I’m asking, are people being more mindful and aware of their surroundings inside of the pools during these new times?

We went to the pools at Boardwalk and Grand Floridian. At both pools people were mostly mindful, but you do have the occasional kid that isn't being supervised and isn't distancing. I will say it is happening much less than normal and I was completely comfortable at both pools.

Serious question. Not being critical - everyone has their right to their own opinion and comfort level during this.

Do you feel you will catch the virus if an infected person bumps into you briefly? In a pool? Outside? I'm not rushing into a crowded indoor pool anytime soon, but I feel outside pools are relatively safe.

From what I've heard (and know of viruses) ...the opposite seems to be true: prolonged contact (10+ minues) near an infected person, usually indoors, where you are sharing the same "breathing" space. That's why I am surprised that Disney actually opened a lot of its theater attractions (like Philharmagic). Even distanced .. you have a lot of people sharing the same recirculated air space and I am sure a lot of people take that break in the darkness to pull the mask off (I know I would if I needed a breath of fresh air).

Being inside A/C is one of the theories why Florida/Texas/Arizaon/California saw these massive spikes in July. It's hot .. more people congregate inside A/C spaces and thus more cases.

My point is .. complete 6 foot social distancing in a public place (even with capacity restrictions) is practically impossible. .. I wouldn't fret about the occasional bump -- or walking past someone who isn't wearing a mask. We need to be careful, but not afraid that the virus is lurking around every corner.

Without a vaccine (and who knows when will ever show up and be readily available) .. we need to get comfortable again having close interactions with people (with and without masks, with and without social distancing) ... on vacations, at work, at stores, at schools, to be able to get those industries back to "normal" (or closer to it).

I can only speak for universal pools: the adults, yes. The children, no. Children were great at the parks. At the pool we kept having to swim away. I would imagine Disney is similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter