Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wording really isn't clear. Does "..at capacity" mean that they both are totally booked for the entire day or is it just "... at capacity" now but could change later? If the latter, then OK. If the former the wording should be clearer like "sold out" or "no additional openings available today".
there's both a standby queue and a virtual line, booth were fully booked by 9:20am

I haven't really been keeping track - how has the reliability for that ride been of late? Guess I am wondering if you only have one day are the odds in your favor for getting on?

On weekdays you can get on 2-3 times (or really as many times as you’re willing to wait the ~30 minutes in line) but weekends with VQ I’d say once, maybe twice if you’re lucky. However it is well worth it! When we were there last Thurs we waited about 15 minutes the first time (which was mostly just walking the queue) and about 35 the second time (posted wait time was 55 mins).

Should be interesting to read reports on this weekend's test
My son got there at 7:40 with many people before him. They let in a certain number in a line by the house and then cut it off. At 9:00 he was able to get a space in the virtual que. he didn’t think all the slots were taken for the entire day at once since he was able to get another slot a bit later. Guests were spaced out and he felt comfortable. Said the two houses were done well. Hopes they keep them and add more.

I wish I could have made it to the preview yesterday. Oh well. Need to find time to go back to Universal, been a couple of months

I haven't really been keeping track - how has the reliability for that ride been of late? Guess I am wondering if you only have one day are the odds in your favor for getting on?

It still has issues, but it is much better these days.

I rode it 12 times during the week of 4th of July. A couple of those days it didn’t open at park open. And a couple times our VQs became anytime same express passes. On our last day it was having issues. Prior to riding it for the last time my wife and I were stuck on Forbidden Journey for 1.5hrs before evac. We got off after park close went up to the Hagrids staff and asked if we could join the queue because we had a VQ. They said sure and walked us to the front but said it’s been having issues and we might not get one. We got on and one of the launches didn’t work and we got stuck by fluffy. Eventually it kicked in and we finished the ride. Not sure if they were able to work the rest of the queue they still had about a hour worth if people in line.

Right now it doesn’t always have a virtual queue these days so the odds of getting to ride it is really good. And waits aren’t ever near where they were pre Covid.

I waited 7+ hrs in July 2019. And then at Xmas 2019 we waited 30 minutes and a hour and 30 minutes. Those were both after the ride had been down and just came back up.

Last edited:
It still has issues, but it is much better these days.

I rode it 12 times during the week of 4th of July. A couple of those days it didn’t open at park open. And a couple times our VQs became anytime same express passes. On our last day it was having issues. Prior to riding it for the last time my wife and I were stuck on Forbidden Journey for 1.5hrs before evac. We got off after park close went up to the Hagrids staff and asked if we could join the queue because we had a VQ. They said sure and walked us to the front but said it’s been having issues and we might not get one. We got on and one of the launches didn’t work and we got stuck by fluffy. Eventually it kicked in and we finished the ride. Not sure if they were able to work the rest of the queue they still had about a hour worth if people in line.

Right now it doesn’t always have a virtual queue these days so the odds of getting to ride it is really good. And waits aren’t ever near where they were pre Covid.

I waited 7+ hrs in July 2019. And then at Xmas 2019 we waited 30 minutes and a hour and 30 minutes. Those were both after the ride had been down and just came back up.

I can't be the only one to wonder about your screen name after your experiences with IOA rides going down.

It's been years since the last time I rode FJ and I'm hoping for a smooth time on that and Hagrids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter