Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little information about wait times from my insider Disney friend. As most who have been have noticed, wait times are inflated. We noticed this also when we went in July. This is not intentional. Most CM's can make an educated guess just by looking at the line but they used to get a more accurate time when they would hand you a flick card. They scan it, give it to a guest and the guest gives it to another CM at the end of the line to scan to update the wait time. With social distancing and lower crowds they are not doing this so its hard to guess with the 6 feet apart between parties.

A little information about wait times from my insider Disney friend. As most who have been have noticed, wait times are inflated. We noticed this also when we went in July. This is not intentional. Most CM's can make an educated guess just by looking at the line but they used to get a more accurate time when they would hand you a flick card. They scan it, give it to a guest and the guest gives it to another CM at the end of the line to scan to update the wait time. With social distancing and lower crowds they are not doing this so its hard to guess with the 6 feet apart between parties.
This is good info. Kind of what I figured. I assumed they stopped handing out the card.

I actually told DH I suspected this was the reason.

I've seen two videos of the reopened full building experience at Savi's. Without spoiling, the experience seems the same as before except for reduced capacity, face coverings, and social distancing. And two of my favorite Kembes are back! :-)

Since everyone was posting their Universal plans, just adding I purchased OI meetup tickets for DS8 and I for Dec 6th. Was debating, but decided 🤷‍♀️ something new to experience.
Staying at Hard Rock, stayed there once before, usually stay LRP, but nothing available there.
Surprised they are still doing these right now, very curious to see how it goes.

Honestly excited already to get back to Disney since I have now added part time teacher to my list of many job descriptions. I don't enjoy. They teach things way different than I learned 40 years ago. It makes me feel not so smart... 🤦‍♀️

Since everyone was posting their Universal plans, just adding I purchased OI meetup tickets for DS8 and I for Dec 6th. Was debating, but decided 🤷‍♀️ something new to experience.
Staying at Hard Rock, stayed there once before, usually stay LRP, but nothing available there.
Surprised they are still doing these right now, very curious to see how it goes.

Honestly excited already to get back to Disney since I have now added part time teacher to my list of many job descriptions. I don't enjoy. They teach things way different than I learned 40 years ago. It makes me feel not so smart... 🤦‍♀️

OI always does such a great job with their events I’m sure this time will be no different. Sounds like you deserve a break - enjoy!

I had also seen it speculated that they are listing the maximum the wait would be if a full cleaning cycle happens while you are in line (or at least erring on the side of inflating them a bit incase of that cleaning cycle)

I had also seen it speculated that they are listing the maximum the wait would be if a full cleaning cycle happens while you are in line (or at least erring on the side of inflating them a bit incase of that cleaning cycle)

Anyone who’s been over the past few weeks can also confirm that their actual wait times have been shorter than posted, sometimes significantly.

Anyone who’s been over the past few weeks can also confirm that their actual wait times have been shorter than posted, sometimes significantly.

It really depends on the cleanings too. My wait times were pretty accurate, some were longer than posted, some shorter. For the most part they were accurate. RnRc and ToT seemed to be the 2 main ones that were shorter than the posted time every time for us. And then of course the last ride of the night where they Jack the posted time up to deter people from getting in line. MMRR was posted at 55 min when I get in line 5 min before park close and having stood in an actual 55 min line earlier in the day I knew it was much shorter. I think it wound up being about 10 minutes.

Space Mtn was shorter. Everytime I went on I walked from the entrance to the ride platform without stopping even though it was posted at 20 min. Splash was longer than the posted time, but that was because it was being cleaned, same with HM and Pirates.

It really depends on the cleanings too. My wait times were pretty accurate, some were longer than posted, some shorter. For the most part they were accurate. RnRc and ToT seemed to be the 2 main ones that were shorter than the posted time every time for us. And then of course the last ride of the night where they Jack the posted time up to deter people from getting in line. MMRR was posted at 55 min when I get in line 5 min before park close and having stood in an actual 55 min line earlier in the day I knew it was much shorter. I think it wound up being about 10 minutes.

Space Mtn was shorter. Everytime I went on I walked from the entrance to the ride platform without stopping even though it was posted at 20 min. Splash was longer than the posted time, but that was because it was being cleaned, same with HM and Pirates.

Hmmm I feel like we were there around the same dates and this was not my experience at all. I made a note of my wait times to share on the boards and with the exception of that blasted carousel they were all shorter, from 5 minutes to 35 minutes less. You may have gotten unlucky (or I may have gotten very lucky) with the cleaning cycles. Just goes to show I think that everyone’s experiences and perceptions right now are a little different!

Hmmm I feel like we were there around the same dates and this was not my experience at all. I made a note of my wait times to share on the boards and with the exception of that blasted carousel they were all shorter, from 5 minutes to 35 minutes less. You may have gotten unlucky (or I may have gotten very lucky) with the cleaning cycles. Just goes to show I think that everyone’s experiences and perceptions right now are a little different!

I was very unlucky with cleaning cycles. I would say probably 30-40% of the rides I went to had to be cleaned while I was in line. There’s really no set times (that I know of) for the cleaning, so its really just timing. But even with the cleaning, I never waited longer than an hour for anything, so it never negatively impeded on my experience, not when you’re used to waiting in at least one 90 minute line every day you’re at the parks in normal situations

Thanks for sharing this info guys, Are people being fairly good at listening to CMs in regards to social distancing and masks?

Thanks for sharing this info guys, Are people being fairly good at listening to CMs in regards to social distancing and masks?
We've been twice since reopening and while I have seen CMs ask guests to put their masks on properly, that doesn't occur in lines when no CM is around or on rides -- and more than once people took their masks off on rides when we were there. Basically, if there's no CMs around to monitor things, you will see people with their masks off or not on properly. Not a ton, mind you, but there are always the outliers.

Distancing in lines, in my experience, wasn't being enforced by CMs because they're simply not there to do anything about it. 99% of the time people pay attention to the markers and stand where they're supposed to, but I did have to ask a few times in line for the people behind me to please back up because they simply were ignoring the physical distancing markers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter