Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the point we’ve gotten to? Pretending that a trip to Disney is about anything other than ones desire to go? Everyday heroes 😂.

ETA - A take out habit is my good deed of the day.
"We've" gotten to? So you are going? Great! Glad to see more people going rather than some that get on here and complain all day but have no plans on going. :tigger:

Now then, I had an Alaska cruise scheduled, a trip to Banff NP scheduled and 3 trips to Disney cancelled. Might as well spend the money in the place that lets me go now.

"We've" gotten to? So you are going? Great! Glad to see more people going rather than some that get on here and complain all day but have no plans on going. :tigger:

Now then, I had an Alaska cruise scheduled, a trip to Banff NP scheduled and 3 trips to Disney cancelled. Might as well spend the money in the place that lets me go now.

Whatever you need to feel good about your trips, i guess. 👍

In a way I agree with what you said. Where so disagree IMO its more important to help your local economy over the big corporations. I would rather spend money on my local parks and my local business over a place miles away from me.
And I have done that. But the CM's are hurting just as bad as people around here and their livelihood depends on tourism dollars as do most businesses down there.

Exactly. It seems the more Disney cut, the more people want to go!

I don't think there is a correlation. I think, at this point, people just want to go someplace where they can have some modicum of enjoyment. Every place near us is offering a reduced experience, so it comes down to which reduced experience is more appealing than the other. For many Disney fans, I think any Disney experience may be better than no Disney experience. That's how I feel right now anyway. Plus, it's getting cold in many parts of the US and going to FL is just going to get more appealing in terms of weather. Especially since other popular destinations in Mexico and the Caribbean are off limits to us right now. Good weather plus something relatively fun to do - I really don't think Disney has to do much else to entice people right now.

I agree. On that front, my understanding is it's more of a holdup on the third party operator's end (Palmas) than on Disney's end, but I'm not sure what the exact "holdup" is.

Also worth noting, the three currently-open resort signatures are not showing any availability for NYE. While it's certainly possible that they've all been booked up already (I doubt it), I think they're still firming up NYE plans, given that these three locations in past have done some sort of special NYE (prepaid) menu or event. Considering that they've only extended hours through 12/30, they seem to be still figuring out NYE. One must hope they at least elect to bring back some more restaurants and shops, but then again, NYE leads right into one of the slowest times of the year and without Marathon Weekend, there won't be any buffer. It'll be a pretty steep drop off, so I'm not optimistic.
Thanks for this information I’m hoping they are going to do special NYE dinners as they have in the past. Our booking window opens next week since we aren’t checking in until the 31st. I know last year when we were there they had special menus at a lot of the signature restaurants.

I don't think there is a correlation. I think, at this point, people just want to go someplace where they can have some modicum of enjoyment. Every place near us is offering a reduced experience, so it comes down to which reduced experience is more appealing than the other. For many Disney fans, I think any Disney experience may be better than no Disney experience. That's how I feel right now anyway. Plus, it's getting cold in many parts of the US and going to FL is just going to get more appealing in terms of weather. Especially since other popular destinations in Mexico and the Caribbean are off limits to us right now. Good weather plus something relatively fun to do - I really don't think Disney has to do much else to entice people right now.
I think so .. in my experience .. people ARE going out to vacation. The only thing holding them back is some restrictions.

I'd say this (from my own experience) .. people are looking to vacation .. ANYWHERE .. but still "on a budget" .. especially with flying just seemingly risky. From traveling across the midwest and back east this summer and fall .. there are PLENTY of people traveling the roads: roads full (with a lot of campers), truck stops full, campgrounds full, tourist attractions as full as they are allowed .. and all the hotels we stayed at (whether it was weekend or weekday) (just "off the freeway" ones) are no vacancy.

I know many families (mine included) that took a fall vacation just this past week or two. Mostly in the state, but that is still a 300-400 mile journey and back.

So .. I am sure lots of people would give Disney a "try" with all the covid restrictions. I think for the people that DO want to risk going, there is still the perception it is way too expensive for such a limited experience right now (especially with reports saying it is "more crowded" (which I think is just long lines due to social distancing). I know I am going to give it a try in January because of some decent discounts, but I am pairing my expectations. My in-laws are trying it out because they have a camper (because of covid) and Fort Wilderness is about a cheap a stay as you can get at WDW!

Disney doesn't need to entice people back. They just need more people to go there and come back (and not catch the virus (which seemingly most (if not all) the people are doing) and share their experiences with their friends. They need that anecdotal evidence moreso than discounts to draw people back right now. Or .. they just need to take more steps back towards normal (bringing back M&Gs or fireworks or something).

I think so .. in my experience .. people ARE going out to vacation. The only thing holding them back is some restrictions.

I'd say this (from my own experience) .. people are looking to vacation .. ANYWHERE .. but still "on a budget" .. especially with flying just seemingly risky. From traveling across the midwest and back east this summer and fall .. there are PLENTY of people traveling the roads: roads full (with a lot of campers), truck stops full, campgrounds full, tourist attractions as full as they are allowed .. and all the hotels we stayed at (whether it was weekend or weekday) (just "off the freeway" ones) are no vacancy.

I know many families (mine included) that took a fall vacation just this past week or two. Mostly in the state, but that is still a 300-400 mile journey and back.

So .. I am sure lots of people would give Disney a "try" with all the covid restrictions. I think for the people that DO want to risk going, there is still the perception it is way too expensive for such a limited experience right now (especially with reports saying it is "more crowded" (which I think is just long lines due to social distancing). I know I am going to give it a try in January because of some decent discounts, but I am pairing my expectations. My in-laws are trying it out because they have a camper (because of covid) and Fort Wilderness is about a cheap a stay as you can get at WDW!

Disney doesn't need to entice people back. They just need more people to go there and come back (and not catch the virus (which seemingly most (if not all) the people are doing) and share their experiences with their friends. They need that anecdotal evidence moreso than discounts to draw people back right now. Or .. they just need to take more steps back towards normal (bringing back M&Gs or fireworks or something).
I agree. I did a nearly 2 month long road trip this summer, hiking and camping through most of the national parks. It was as if nothing was going on, plenty of people out on vacation. This was from early June - end of July.

My concern is the lack of dining reservations available Dec 21-25 is concerning me for our Christmas trip. Coronado wasn’t awful for us, but we did a lot of research and then I just always made sure to make sure my kids ate something before leaving the park.... which resulted in us hitting up Three Bridges about every night at 9pm... but the kids loved the burgers and fries.

Whatever they are doing with resorts, they need to make sure the resorts can adequately feed the guests! From what I've been reading CSR is a mess with the food situation. They really need to get that quick service open

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter