Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s probably going to be crazy busy but you can make reservations on open table for all the non-Disney restaurants at Disney springs. They tend to have more available times than the Disney app. There was nothing for wine bar George for the weekend before thanksgiving when I decided to move our dates and had to get reservations after the 60 day window opened on the app but had tons of times available for our party of six on open table.
The dining ressie's site is also kind of weird. I have not been able to get a few times and places I want and settle elsewhere but check back a week later and can get my original wish. Don't know if it is a cancelation thing or just as they open a new place, it opens up space. We now have every one we want including Plaza for lunch, Homecoming and Toppolino's.

The dining ressie's site is also kind of weird. I have not been able to get a few times and places I want and settle elsewhere but check back a week later and can get my original wish. Don't know if it is a cancelation thing or just as they open a new place, it opens up space. We now have every one we want including Plaza for lunch, Homecoming and Toppolino's.
We got 2 lunches at the Plaza, yay! Yep, we also got all our restaurants but had to rearange a few days here and there. And yes, this is for over Christmas week. I think Beaches and Cream was the most difficult for me, and dinner at Tepan Edo, 4pm was the latest we could get, but we did get it.
I'm trying to prepare my kids that we'll probably be spending a lot of time waiting in lines but after all this home school stuff they are very ready for a vacation.

You’re on a Disney forum. You seem to keep forgetting that. You can both be optimistic while also having realistic expectations. For example, when I say I could see fireworks returning at Epcot within the next 2-4 months, I’m not calling up my bookie and putting money on it.
Yes eventually things will get better. I have my doubts everything will return. Fireworks will return some day but I wouldn't be surprised parades continue as cavalcades. IMO Chapek is more about ROI then most of you want to believe. Shows at the parks will return but shows in the resorts may not as they have very little ROI.

My main frustration is how much Disney focusses on cutting things then trying to make money. I look at parks like Cedar Point who have added trick or treating to fill reservations. Disney should do more to the fill their weekday reservations. Instead it feels like they have been doing the bear minimum right now.

Yes eventually things will get better. I have my doubts everything will return. Fireworks will return some day but I wouldn't be surprised parades continue as cavalcades. IMO Chapek is more about ROI then most of you want to believe. Shows at the parks will return but shows in the resorts may not as they have very little ROI.
I don’t think anyone here is denying Chapek is focused on ROI but he’s also not solely focused on the parks right now. Disney isn’t just theme parks.

My main frustration is how much Disney focusses on cutting things then trying to make money. I look at parks like Cedar Point who have added trick or treating to fill reservations. Disney should do more to the fill their weekday reservations. Instead it feels like they have been doing the bear minimum right now.

I doubt they just toss out parade floats that they spent a lot of money on. The Maleficent float? Doesn’t fit as a cavalcade float, and highly unlikely to just be scrapped for metal. They restarted the parades in the Asian parks, we just haven’t caught up to what they’re able to do safety wise. Same with fireworks.

Everyone that knows the name “Chapek” knows he’s money first, have for quite a few years. This isn’t new just because he’s the CEO. Shows in resorts are the Disney experience. While they may not come back for a while, and not the way they were, they’ll return one day. If Disney becomes rides and restaurants, there’s nothing separating them from being a Cedar Fair or Six Flags park.

The bare minimum isn’t what they want to offer, nor is it preferable for the guest, but it’s what they can do right now, budget wise and safety wise. I would bet that the vast minority of people are leaving the parks wishing they could trick or treat. Sure, that would be a nice addition, but I think most would agree that if it’s one year without trick or treating in the parks, it’s a very minor inconvenience. We’ve almost been in the pandemic the same amount of time between now and when Halloween starts again at Disney. Much of what is noticeably gone from the park experience will be back before we know it. The parks being closed seemed like an eternity, but they’ve been reopened almost as long they were shut down, and it feels like they’ve been open for much shorter.

We got 2 lunches at the Plaza, yay! Yep, we also got all our restaurants but had to rearange a few days here and there. And yes, this is for over Christmas week. I think Beaches and Cream was the most difficult for me, and dinner at Tepan Edo, 4pm was the latest we could get, but we did get it.
I'm trying to prepare my kids that we'll probably be spending a lot of time waiting in lines but after all this home school stuff they are very ready for a vacation.
Hard to fund a good Iced Tea at disneu Plaza is one of the few.

I doubt they just toss out parade floats that they spent a lot of money on. The Maleficent float? Doesn’t fit as a cavalcade float, and highly unlikely to just be scrapped for metal. They restarted the parades in the Asian parks, we just haven’t caught up to what they’re able to do safety wise. Same with fireworks.

Everyone that knows the name “Chapek” knows he’s money first, have for quite a few years. This isn’t new just because he’s the CEO. Shows in resorts are the Disney experience. While they may not come back for a while, and not the way they were, they’ll return one day. If Disney becomes rides and restaurants, there’s nothing separating them from being a Cedar Fair or Six Flags park.

The bare minimum isn’t what they want to offer, nor is it preferable for the guest, but it’s what they can do right now, budget wise and safety wise. I would bet that the vast minority of people are leaving the parks wishing they could trick or treat. Sure, that would be a nice addition, but I think most would agree that if it’s one year without trick or treating in the parks, it’s a very minor inconvenience. We’ve almost been in the pandemic the same amount of time between now and when Halloween starts again at Disney. Much of what is noticeably gone from the park experience will be back before we know it. The parks being closed seemed like an eternity, but they’ve been reopened almost as long they were shut down, and it feels like they’ve been open for much shorter.
I agree at some point the in park things will be back. I could see them going to seasonal fireworks in the future like Universal does as a cost savings measure.

Out of park entertainment coming back anytime soon is where I think the long term effects will be. I honestly believe the resorts are where the cuts will be be felt the most.

I know some feel I hate Disney but I don't. I love what they have done with Marvel and what they once were. My thing is always been I wish they would focus more on what made them great instead of IP bombardment.

My dream is Epcot's World Showcase is actually finished with most of the original attractions planned
from the beginning. My one other thing is I look at Velocicoaster and can't stop thinking how better the Disney parks would be if they had their theming to go with that intensity.

I agree at some point the in park things will be back. I could see them going to seasonal fireworks in the future like Universal does as a cost savings measure.

Out of park entertainment coming back anytime soon is where I think the long term effects will be. I honestly believe the resorts are where the cuts will be be felt the most.

I know some feel I hate Disney but I don't. I love what they have done with Marvel and what they once were. My thing is always been I wish they would focus more on what made them great instead of IP bombardment.

My dream is Epcot's World Showcase is actually finished with most of the original attractions planned
from the beginning. My one other thing is I look at Velocicoaster and can't stop thinking how better the Disney parks would be if they had their theming to go with that intensity.

So you’ve said. Many times.

The problem is it seems you want and enjoy seeing Disney reduce their experiences. Maybe you don’t feel that way, but it’s how you come across. For 7 months. If anyone posts hopeful or positive ideas you put a black cloud on it.

You know this board is full of Disney die hards. People are here to discuss Disney parks. Aren’t you tired of having the same argument?

The problem is it seems you want and enjoy seeing Disney reduce their experiences. Maybe you don’t feel that way, but it’s how you come across. For 7 months. If anyone posts hopeful or positive ideas you put a black cloud on it.

You know this board is full of Disney die hards. People are here to discuss Disney parks. Aren’t you tired of having the same argument?

You wouldn't like him when he's angry. 😄

I don't mean to come across that way. I don't want Disney to fail, it just saddens me to see how much they have changed for the worse. I grew up going to the parks in the 80s and early 90s. I feel the parks were much better then they are now.

We made reservations for our December trip about a week ago. I would be able to make 5-7 reservations and then all of the sudden the site wouldn’t return any availability whatsoever. I’d have to close the browser and come back in to get it to work. The phone app was even worse.

I don't mean to come across that way. I don't want Disney to fail, it just saddens me to see how much they have changed for the worse. I grew up going to the parks in the 80s and early 90s. I feel the parks were much better then they are now.

That’s fine and many have the same opinion, but it’s 2020 and we are in a pandemic and we are praying to the theme park gods that Disney can come back from this.

I love the parks as they were in March of this year. I hope with all of my heart we can get back there. I see enough negativity on Facebook. I come here to get away from that.

I don’t think anyone here is denying Chapek is focused on ROI but he’s also not solely focused on the parks right now. Disney isn’t just theme parks.

Right.

And the day parades actually do serve a financial purpose. One of the reasons the parades are at 3:00pm is to keep people in the parks spending money - people who may otherwise be tempted to take a mid-afternoon nap or swim break instead. When the hours are longer and the parks busier (and covid less of an issue) I definitely see a day parade returning.

I’m waiting on Oga’s & Topolino’s for my trip in a couple weeks. Never seen a spot for Oga’s, Topolino keeps opening when I’m asleep. But you were able to get stuff for freaking Xmas week so it gives me hope something will pop up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter