Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing that terrifies me about a cruise right now is the ship being quarantined for weeks out at sea. I. Would. Die!

Yeah that's a hard pass for me too. I've been with my DW for almost 13 years and I finally convinced her in the fall of 2019 to take a DCL Cruise that we would plan around our Anniversary in April of 2021. She's had 2 really crummy experiences on cruises including one that crashed into a reef.

After all that effort to get her to agree to go on one, the pandemic struck and that ended the idea of cruising with her included with the exception of Alaska.

With all the news yesterday making it look like they're not pushing to be "fully open" until October 1st, I'm a little apprehensive about my July trip. I thought they'd be opening more as people are becoming more vaccinated- and I thought dining would be one of the first areas to expand.

We canceled our trip to the Contemporary for the 50th and are going to go to Aulani instead. Even as a Disney diehard, this fastpass-less, long lined, pandemic experience is beginning to lose its luster. I just don't see the offerings to justify the pricing at that time for someone who goes to WDW regularly. We will do a long weekend at Riviera in Sept to get our fix and try out our new DVC home resort, and then take a break from the parks until January.

Yeah that's a hard pass for me too. I've been with my DW for almost 13 years and I finally convinced her in the fall of 2019 to take a DCL Cruise that we would plan around our Anniversary in April of 2021. She's had 2 really crummy experiences on cruises including one that crashed into a reef.

After all that effort to get her to agree to go on one, the pandemic struck and that ended the idea of cruising with her included with the exception of Alaska.
It took my wife 30 year of marriage before I finally agreed to go on our first cruise (Disney of course) and absolutely loved it. Have gone on 5 cruises since and we were talking about booking another one. Now, while I am far from a pessimist on Covid, going on a cruise just seems like pushing the envelope too much (even my wife says a cruise ship is just a big petri dish). So while going on a cruise is not out of the question, it probably will be at least 2 years off.

It took my wife 30 year of marriage before I finally agreed to go on our first cruise (Disney of course) and absolutely loved it. Have gone on 5 cruises since and we were talking about booking another one. Now, while I am far from a pessimist on Covid, going on a cruise just seems like pushing the envelope too much (even my wife says a cruise ship is just a big petri dish). So while going on a cruise is not out of the question, it probably will be at least 2 years off.

Yeah most of my convincing came from she went on a Cruise with the wrong people to Cruise with, on top of obviously being on a cruise ship that crashed.

Was this a TV interview? Can't find anything about it online.
That was the only article I could find, too. It says... “Fauci made the comment during a virtual news briefing on herd immunity by the White House COVID-19 Response Team.”
They do those briefings most days/a few days a week around noon. CNN carries them. It's usually him, the guy who is head of the task force and the CDC Director. I'm working at home, so don't normally have the volume on- I just glance at the headlines on the bottom of the screen. He's definitely been upbeat about things as vaccination numbers are increasing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter