Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
We did citywalk last night, a night at Jambo house, and then Disney springs this morning. (And we’ve been doing Orlando parks a few times a month)

everywhere, in every place, people are growing **increasingly** lax. At universal city walk, the fatigue was so noticeable this week alone from our people viewing spot at big fire, that it looks like uni is having to pick and choose where to step in and enforce (queues, rides, shops, but not general walking in city walk). Normally there’s one or a medical need, but it was way different yesterday at ALL places.

spring break crowds are growing large and it’s hard to monitor that many people without relying on the honesty policy.

F6DC89F3-8B3F-44C0-ADA9-A3AE4B058A0A.jpeg

Spring break won’t be any worse than when the parks hit capacity around Christmas.
I saw a blogger on Instagram post a map of the Navi line earlier this week and it was well into Discovery Island. It's clear Disney didn't want to have to add plexiglass to this ride, otherwise they would have looked at doing it months ago and not now when things are improving, but with it disrupting so many walkways they may not have a choice.

Last edited:
We did citywalk last night, a night at Jambo house, and then Disney springs this morning. (And we’ve been doing Orlando parks a few times a month)

everywhere, in every place, people are growing **increasingly** lax. At universal city walk, the fatigue was so noticeable this week alone from our people viewing spot at big fire, that it looks like uni is having to pick and choose where to step in and enforce (queues, rides, shops, but not general walking in city walk). Normally there’s one or a medical need, but it was way different yesterday at ALL places.

spring break crowds are growing large and it’s hard to monitor that many people without relying on the honesty policy.

View attachment 562028

This is going to be a growing issue especially as more states and counties relax measures.

I saw a blogger on Instagram post a map of the Navi line earlier this week and it was well into Discovery Island. It's clear Disney didn't want to have to add plexiglass to this ride, otherwise they would have looked at doing it months ago and not now when things are improving, but with it disrupting so many walkway they may not have a choice.
They have another choice- cut the line off when it gets too long.

I saw a blogger on Instagram post a map of the Navi line earlier this week and it was well into Discovery Island. It's clear Disney didn't want to have to add plexiglass to this ride, otherwise they would have looked at doing it months ago and not now when things are improving, but with it disrupting so many walkway they may not have a choice.
When we were there in December the line was to the bridge by Tiffin's. It was a 35 minute wait from that point.

I still don't think you could pay me enough money to go on a cruise right now. Just seems like such a high-risk venture, no matter what safety precautions are put in place.
IMO, as long as myself and my people are vaccinated, then we will some of the first ones on the boat. Why not?

Avid DCL cruiser here, only going to go on a cruise once there isn't a mask mandate. Not paying that kind of money for that kind of experience.
Yes, I should have said in my last post that I will cruise DCL as soon as all my people are vaccinated AND masks are not required. A big part of cruising is eating 24-7. Can't do that wearing a mask.

BlogMickey

Will people stop screaming about the death of the MagicBand now PLEASE?!!

Guests may choose to use Disney MagicMobile service or a MagicBand – pick whichever option works best for you during your visit. You can even use both and alternate between the two for added flexibility. We’ll also soon be introducing more MagicBands in trendy new colors and fun designs featuring favorite Disney characters and stories.

BlogMickey

Will people stop screaming about the death of the MagicBand now PLEASE?!!

Guests may choose to use Disney MagicMobile service or a MagicBand – pick whichever option works best for you during your visit. You can even use both and alternate between the two for added flexibility. We’ll also soon be introducing more MagicBands in trendy new colors and fun designs featuring favorite Disney characters and stories.

Exactly.

Free option: MagicMobile
Paid option: MagicBand

Both are options!

Truthfully, I think it’s crazy they sent out complimentary MagicBands for so long. There was so much waste - sending multiple sets for split stays (even though you could decline them, I know many people didn’t), sending bands for kids under 3 even though they didn’t need them (although, I appreciated this because my kids wanted to have one like everyone else), sending to people who already purchased bands or were planning to. Just seemed like they were sending a lot of unnecessary bands out into the world.

Biden directing all states to open up vaccines to all adults by May, and stating there will be enough supply. Chapek commented that vaccine rollout could be a game changer for masks so dropping ahead of Q1 (just time for the 50th) is looking decent. And with the study out of Israel showing promise with vaccinated people not transmitting (well low chance of transmission) the virus to the unvaccinated, it will be interesting to see! Can’t bank on it but so far, so good.

No doubt they’re looking to hit the ground running in Q1 and things are lining up for that:smickey:

Last edited:
Biden announced last night that vaccines should be open to all adults by May 1. He also said that there would be upcoming guidance on travel if you have been vaccinated. The idea of a "Vaccine Travel Passport" is picking up steam. There is a lot of demand to be able to travel. I would bet that sometime in April we will start seeing changes to the travel restrictions and hopefully Disney can begin to open up more. I would bet that if the "Vaccine Travel Passport" becomes reality then things can really start to open up but you would need to present this passport before you can fly, cruise, hotel, etc.

IMO, as long as myself and my people are vaccinated, then we will some of the first ones on the boat. Why not?

Well, this would be one reason why: COVID-19 outbreak declared at another B.C. care home where more than 80% of residents were vaccinated | CBC News

I just feel like cruising was already a higher-risk environment due to its nature. So I wouldn't be comfortable with it. Then again, I'm coming from an area of very low transmission so limiting my exposure just seems reasonable to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter