Cute Snack (gifts) to Send to School

sconnell

DIS Veteran
I'm looking for cute ideas of cute snacks to send to school for DD in PreK. I don't really have anything in particular in mind. I just want something cute. Not just brownies or something a bit "normal." It can be quick or a little timely. It can be seasonal or not. Just want some ideas of cute things. If you have pics, post them!
Thanks a bunch!

I saw an idea for Pilgram hat cookies where you take a Famous Chocolate Wafer and turn a peanut butter cup over and then use some decorators icing to make the buckle.

I've also seen Pumkin decorated cookies on a stick.

ETA: I do know to check with teachers first of course. And check for allergies.
ETA: I just mean as a gift for her friends. The school provides snacks. But occassionally we like to make things to give to her friends, so not as a regular snack.

How many kids in the classroom? You are providing for everyone right?

I have made Jello jigglers for many birthday parties. I use cookie cutters to fit the theme...DD had an Ariel party and the jigglers were in the shape of seashells. DH made seashell shaped jewelry boxes from wood for the favors.

Ritz crackers have a smiley face on some of their crackers. I've used them for peanut butter sandwich crackers.

celery stuffed with cream cheese topped with raisins= ants on a log

The Disney site familyfundotcom has many other suggstions. Have fun.

You could make rice krispy treats, put them in a mold and then pop them out. Accent the treat with some eyes, noses...if it is an animal like a bear, or you could add on some sprinkles.

I'm interested in this as well! Plz post, I'm looking for cute ideas for my nephews b'day party.

You could always do the cake in an ice cream cone idea without it being a birthday.
Sliced fruit with a yogurt dipping sauce.
Pinwheel sandwiches.

I used to make "cheeseburger" cookies for my boys rooms. You make them with a mint patty and two vanilla wafers. Very cute.
I will give you the whole procedure if you are interested.
Deb

DeborahA said:
I used to make "cheeseburger" cookies for my boys rooms. You make them with a mint patty and two vanilla wafers. Very cute.
I will give you the whole procedure if you are interested.
Deb
OH! That does sound cute! Do you do anything other than the wafers and mint patty? I'd love to know!

I saw this somewhere a few years back and make them every Thanksgiving.

Take two oreos and stack one on top of the other. (Glue together with that tube of brown icing or make your own sticky icing.) This is the body of the turkey. Take one cookie called Fudge stripes I think. It is round with chocolate on the bottom and fudge stripes on the front with a hole in the middle. Have it stand on the edge and glue it against the two oreos. This is the tail. Now unwrap two Rolos and glue them on top of the two oreas at one end opposite where you stuck the tail. This is the neck. Unwrap another Rolo and set it on its edge on top of the other two Rolos. Take one candy corn and glue to the front of the last Rolo so it looks like a beak. VERY CUTE, I haven't tried this but I know they make mini oreos and mini fudge strips so it would be fun to somehow make mini turkeys too.

babylisa4 said:
I saw this somewhere a few years back and make them every Thanksgiving.

Take two oreos and stack one on top of the other. (Glue together with that tube of brown icing or make your own sticky icing.) This is the body of the turkey. Take one cookie called Fudge stripes I think. It is round with chocolate on the bottom and fudge stripes on the front with a hole in the middle. Have it stand on the edge and glue it against the two oreos. This is the tail. Now unwrap two Rolos and glue them on top of the two oreas at one end opposite where you stuck the tail. This is the neck. Unwrap another Rolo and set it on its edge on top of the other two Rolos. Take one candy corn and glue to the front of the last Rolo so it looks like a beak. VERY CUTE, I haven't tried this but I know they make mini oreos and mini fudge strips so it would be fun to somehow make mini turkeys too.
These sound adorable! If you make any soon, post a pic. I'm having trouble visualing this.

Sunny, they are a little labor intensive but fun to do. First, pick out the best looking vanilla wafers for the tops. Brush each with a little beaten egg white and sprinkle with a few sesame seeds, bake in a 300 degree oven to set the seeds. Dye some coconut green-for lettuce-I shake in a jar with a few drops of food coloring. Use canned vanilla frosting--dyed yellow for cheese. When tops come from the oven allow to cool, then spread on a generous amt of "cheese" and dip into "lettuce". Set aside.
Place vanilla wafers on a cooky sheet-these are the bottom buns- and cover with a mint patty--warm in the oven for just a few minutes to soften. When you bring them from the oven--turn a top onto each bottom and push down to stick together. You can serve these on a platter--or wrap individually in waxed paper like the fast food places use.
Deb

DeborahA said:
Sunny, they are a little labor intensive but fun to do. First, pick out the best looking vanilla wafers for the tops. Brush each with a little beaten egg white and sprinkle with a few sesame seeds, bake in a 300 degree oven to set the seeds. Dye some coconut green-for lettuce-I shake in a jar with a few drops of food coloring. Use canned vanilla frosting--dyed yellow for cheese. When tops come from the oven allow to cool, then spread on a generous amt of "cheese" and dip into "lettuce". Set aside.
Place vanilla wafers on a cooky sheet-these are the bottom buns- and cover with a mint patty--warm in the oven for just a few minutes to soften. When you bring them from the oven--turn a top onto each bottom and push down to stick together. You can serve these on a platter--or wrap individually in waxed paper like the fast food places use.
Deb

We've made hamburgers - same basic principle, just a little bit different. We've always used honey (dabbed on with a pastry brush) to get the sesame seeds to stick. We used yellow frosting for the mustard, and red frosting for the ketchup. The green coconut is the perfect lettuce. If you put mustard on the bottom, and ketchup on the top, everything will stick together fine, and there won't be a need to melt the mint patty to get it to stick. The times we want to make cheeseburgers, we just used a yellow fruit roll-up.

Haven't made these in years though. DD is now in 7th grade, and this just isn't "cool" anymore.

There is a great thread with some fabulous & simple recipes:
Quick & Easy Christmas treats

Some of the recipes there that we all raved over were the White Chocolate Popcorn, post #167, which took on a life of it's own as people started getting creative & improvising their own yummy variations & telling us about them. :cool1:
Originally Posted by txgirl
One bag microwave popcorn (butter flavor is fine)
1/2 of pkg white chocolate, called "almond bark" - basically a supersized bar of white chocolate (no almonds really in it.)

Cook popcorn and make sure you remove all the uncooked kernels. Melt white almond bark in large bowl (I do this in 45 second intervals so as to not scorch)

Dump bag of popcorn into bowl of melted almond bark and stir until the popcorn is covered. Pour over wax paper to harden and then break apart and put into clear gift bags with beautiful ribbon and your teachers will think you've gone gourmet on them!!!

Seriously I hate giving this recipe out to people who I have given the popcorn to because I feel like I've cheated or something! It is sooo incredibly yummy and as far as almond bark is concerned it's much cheaper and the taste is wonderful.
Originally Posted by gemjoy
I made the white chocolate popcorn last night...... and I melted a huge symphony bar with the toffee in it and drizzled it on top of the popcorn once it was spread out on wax paper ~ OMG!!! It is to die for and looks totally beautiful! I put it in clear cellophane bags and tied them with a cranberry colored organza ribbon with gold trim ~ I would actually pay good money for these if I saw them in the store!!! And soooo easy and inexpensive too!
Originally Posted by Disney_1derland
Just improvised a batch of my version of the white chocolate popcorn, it's AMAZING! I mixed the popcorn with rice chex, nuts and chocolate chips. I poured the white chocolate over it and mixed it and spread it on the wax paper and cooled it. Then I drizzled dark chocolate over the top of one batch and caramel over another.
Also, if you coupon, ACT II popcorn often has coupons out. Walgreen's & Rite Aid has sales for it every few months, making the popcorn nearly free! :thumbsup2

The Smores Marshmallows was a quick favorite: :cheer2:
luvmy2sams said:
large marshmallows
chocolate almond bark
crushed graham crackers

Melt almond bark and dip marshmallow (using a toothpick) until completely coated. Roll in graham crackers and let harden on wax paper. They're yummy!
And then there is:
AprilShowers said:
Make these and you will be the MOST popular person at Christmas!

Oreo Truffles
1 pkg Oreo cookies crushed
1 regular sized pkg cream cheese softened

Mix together and form into 1" balls & freeze balls

Once balls are frozen, dip into melted chocolate, and drizzle white chocolate over the top for a nice effect.

THESE ARE AMAZING!!!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: They taste just like fancy chocolate truffles.

They're even better when I make them with the mint oreos. You can color the white chocolate with a little green food coloring so you can tell the difference.
Also I started the thread on the Cooking Board:
Cookies from cake mixes! Super Easy!
for super quick & easy cookie recipes with a lot of variations.

Wow! You guys have some great ideas!!!

I am so happy I found this thread.

I have done the ice cream cupcakes for my DS's pre-K class last year. They made a HUGE hit!!

If you have time to go in and assemble, here's a few favorites from my son's preschool days.

Spiders - Spread cheese spread between two regular sized ritz crackers. Stick straight pretzel legs into the cheese between the two crackers before assembling. Put two little dabs of cheese spread on top to attach raisen eyes.

Raindeer Salad - Put a pear half on a plate. Put two celery antlers (take celery sticks, cut one end numerous times to about 1/3 of the way, place in ice water - the cut celery slivers will curl to make antlers), put a marachino cherry nose, raisen eyes, etc. You could make a bow tie for this with cheese triangles, serve it with a cottage cheese "dip", - whatever works.

I don't know how to post a picture but if you google on "fudge striped cookie turkeys" the first link that shows up has one that is sort of like the one I make. Mine uses two oreos for the base and the fudge striped cookie for the tail. I also googled on Oreo turkeys and got one that is similar but uses all oreos. I guess they want you to use all of their cookies. Anyway, these might help you visualize. I actually had my 3rd grade Sunday School class make them and we made them be place cards or we put a small strip of cardboard on each that told something we were thankful for.

babylisa4 said:
I don't know how to post a picture but if you google on "fudge striped cookie turkeys" the first link that shows up has one that is sort of like the one I make. Mine uses two oreos for the base and the fudge striped cookie for the tail. I also googled on Oreo turkeys and got one that is similar but uses all oreos. I guess they want you to use all of their cookies. Anyway, these might help you visualize. I actually had my 3rd grade Sunday School class make them and we made them be place cards or we put a small strip of cardboard on each that told something we were thankful for.
Oh, those ARE cute. lol. Thanks! I imagine that you can make them several ways, but the fudge stripe cookie tail is great!

These ideas are so cute...I am going to try the popcorn and oreo truffles! Thanks for this thread!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter