Cute Snack (gifts) to Send to School

MickeyMamma said:
Wow! You guys have some great ideas!!!

I am so happy I found this thread.

I have done the ice cream cupcakes for my DS's pre-K class last year. They made a HUGE hit!!

We are not allowed to take cupcakes to school. Not sure why but assume it is because they are messy with the icing. Any suggestions on other ideas to put on top of the cupcakes in a cone.

gelatin boats- you take a orange and cut it in half. Hollow out the orange shell and fill with jello (you can mix in the fruit) once set you can cut the orange shell into slices and attach a sail using a toothpick and a piece of paper.

this is from first meals by annabel karmel it has a lot of cute but time intensive ideas. Another was to take a cream puff and decorate it as a mouse (add eyes, nose, ears and tail)

I think it was a Kraft Foods recipe.... when my daughter was in pre-K I made Bears in Beds for her class and they loved them.

I did a quick search and couldn't find it...

I will try to explain how to make.

You will need a box of Teddy Grahams, a box of regular graham crackers, a bag of large marshmallows, a bag of small marshmallows, a large bag of skittles (or a few small bags but I end up eating the darn things, lol) and a box or two of fruit roll-ups. A little confectioner's sugar and water, too.

Make some 'glue' with the confectionar's sugar and water in a plastic baggie.... I'm guessing about a half cup sugar and Tblsp of water. You want something the consistancy of Elmer's. :) snip off the end of the bag, to squeeze out the glue neatly

Take a half of a graham cracker (the bed) and glue 4 skittles to each corner (on the same side) for feet. Turn it over so the bed is on it's feet. Run a line of glue along one edge and then attach a quarter graham cracker to it for a headboard. Do the same to opposite end for footboard.

Take a large marshmallow and cut in in half lengthwise, place cut side down at one end of bed for pillows. Prop Teddy up on pillows.

On a cookie sheet covered with waxed paper place the mini-marshmallows together standing on end, in square groups either 5x5 or 6x6...check against width of cracker, Pop them into a 400 oven for just a few minutes until the start to melt together... this makes a puffy looking comforter.

After they cool, cut pieces of fruit rolls -ups for sheets and fold a bit over the top edge of the comforter. Place on the bed. You're done!

marlynnp said:
I think it was a Kraft Foods recipe.... when my daughter was in pre-K I made Bears in Beds for her class and they loved them.

I did a quick search and couldn't find it...

I will try to explain how to make.

You will need a box of Teddy Grahams, a box of regular graham crackers, a bag of large marshmallows, a bag of small marshmallows, a large bag of skittles (or a few small bags but I end up eating the darn things, lol) and a box or two of fruit roll-ups. A little confectioner's sugar and water, too.

Make some 'glue' with the confectionar's sugar and water in a plastic baggie.... I'm guessing about a half cup sugar and Tblsp of water. You want something the consistancy of Elmer's. :) snip off the end of the bag, to squeeze out the glue neatly

Take a half of a graham cracker (the bed) and glue 4 skittles to each corner (on the same side) for feet. Turn it over so the bed is on it's feet. Run a line of glue along one edge and then attach a quarter graham cracker to it for a headboard. Do the same to opposite end for footboard.

Take a large marshmallow and cut in in half lengthwise, place cut side down at one end of bed for pillows. Prop Teddy up on pillows.

On a cookie sheet covered with waxed paper place the mini-marshmallows together standing on end, in square groups either 5x5 or 6x6...check against width of cracker, Pop them into a 400 oven for just a few minutes until the start to melt together... this makes a puffy looking comforter.

After they cool, cut pieces of fruit rolls -ups for sheets and fold a bit over the top edge of the comforter. Place on the bed. You're done!
Very cute sounding! Though I don't know how many of those I could make. lol. Maybe something I'll do with just a slumber party one day. lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter